Chinese travelers head to Thailand as other countries apply entrance restrictions

webfact

10 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

How do you know ?? How do the authorities know ??

Plus is it really just a 14 day incubation period !! 

It's a 14 day holiday in Thailand, the Aussies regard that as a quarantine.

Think about that for a minute, there is no isolation, they're out of China for 2 weeks - that's the only requirement.

On 2/21/2020 at 10:57 AM, geriatrickid said:

The implications are quite negative with the analogy that comes to mind that of a parent prostituting his/her children. 

Thailand relies on temperature scans as its first line of screening. However, the scans have proven  worthless. This is the consensus of the experts who controlled MERS and SARS and it is why  Israel, USA, Canada and others do not bother.  What works are interviews with polite informational sessions including the giving of what to do if you think you are sick cards. It is how many of the initial infected patients were first identified in the USA.

Thailand will throw open its doors to the Chinese , all for money.

Sad.

Very sad.

You do realise the article is about Australia??

• Haha 1

You mob would be cheering when a black girl was made to sit at the back of the school bus. Or cross the road when you see a black guy.

Jeez the racism and nonsense being promulgated is incredible but understandable given the  past history on this subject.

There are 1.3 billion Chinese and you seem to think they are all infected, yet whine when some perceived infringement of the great white hopes rights occurs in Thailand.

It would seem rational thought is not a pre requisite for membership to this forum.

Snarling hatred and frothing at the mouth seems to suffice.

Yes I am Australian and protocols are in place to address this apparent work around to the immigration protocols.

Which is quite ironic as the basic premise of the forum seems to be to promote work around to Thailand's immigration laws.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DLock said:

We had 4 customers from Hong Kong cancel trips to Thailand for next week, because they were worried about possible 14-day quarantine on returning from Thailand.

If other countries figure out that Thailand allows people to "cheat" the travel restrictions, then that would be really bad for Thailand.

Clue to the ignorant - students can still be infected with the virus. Intelligence has no bearing...clearly.

As you have just demonstrated.

3 hours ago, Tim207 said:

Would you say the chinese government is racist? After all they seem to be under the belief that it is dangerous for a large number of their citizens to come in contact with each other. Yes there are 1.5 billion chinese and they are not all infected. Can you tell which are? China has about half of the population in quarantine yet the virus is still spreading. it does not seem racist to me to not welcome people from a plague ravaged location. You can go hug chinese tourists at the arrivals hall but i will be keeping my distance from chinese until this blows over. Putting my health or that of my friends, family and any random people that i may unwittingly infect, at risk if I came in contact with someone carrying the virus out of a sense of political correctness is foolhardy and short sighted. Exactly the kind of recklessness that allowed the virus to get so bad in china. Optics above practicality.

We now have tourists and Chinese themselves, coming to Thailand for a quarantine period - even though they may well have the virus. 

Since when has Thailand allowed it's cities to be quarantine centres ?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, emptypockets said:

You mob would be cheering when a black girl was made to sit at the back of the school bus. Or cross the road when you see a black guy.

Jeez the racism and nonsense being promulgated is incredible but understandable given the  past history on this subject.

There are 1.3 billion Chinese and you seem to think they are all infected, yet whine when some perceived infringement of the great white hopes rights occurs in Thailand.

Since when China or chinese became a "race" ?

You see... your post describes perfectly the modern "mental aids", this contagious virus that most certainly will kill us... before the Wuwuflu.

Racism. Mixed with every conceivable sauces and spices.

Racism, the "white [sorry !] card" when someone has nothing anymore to say.

(Or should I say "the trump card" ? Non... you would be probably triggered even more....)

Racism. The peak of empty thinking.

First, let's be clear, it's my right to... dislike Chinese. Because noise. Yes it's my judgment, and yes of course some Chinese are very, very quiet. But I've just never met them... yet.

So usually, I avoid them (in hotels etc.).

No this is not "racism".

To say that asian people are "inferior" compared to let's say inhabitants of "Uranus", that would be racism.

Second, we are talking about closing borders... not because on the other side of this border, there are people who are "chinese"... but just because this what we did through history when confronted with contagious diseases.

Quarantine. Isolation. Stop population movements.

They were "racists" in Europe during the "Black Death" in the 14 century ?

Those people, on the other side of the border, could be "iroquois", "alien", "japanese", "french" or whatever else... THATS NOT THE POINT.

The point is to protect ourselves against a contagious virus.

Hence : closing the borders.

Edited by christophe75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Moo 2 said:

The Thai Government should be declared unfit to lead that country if it allows Chinese to visit

Thailand and should be accountable if peoples catch this deadly virus.

How about the governments in all the many other countries that have far worse outbreaks than Thailand?  I agree that the current Thai government is unfit, but restricting entry to Chinese people was against WHO guidelines, and would have made no difference.

On 2/21/2020 at 4:27 AM, geriatrickid said:

The implications are quite negative with the analogy that comes to mind that of a parent prostituting his/her children. 

Thailand relies on temperature scans as its first line of screening. However, the scans have proven  worthless. This is the consensus of the experts who controlled MERS and SARS and it is why  Israel, USA, Canada and others do not bother.  What works are interviews with polite informational sessions including the giving of what to do if you think you are sick cards. It is how many of the initial infected patients were first identified in the USA.

Thailand will throw open its doors to the Chinese , all for money.

Wrong, 11 airports in the US are doing temperature scan. 

On 2/26/2020 at 8:04 AM, Moo 2 said:

The Thai Government should be declared unfit to lead that country if it allows Chinese to visit

Locals have already caught. Why should not healthy Chinese be allowed? Yes, I understand that a healthy Chinese may be incubating a virus. In the same token any body can be incubating virus. What is the guarantee that a non-Chinese did not catch from another person coming from a high risk country. I salute the excellent efforts Thai government is putting to contain the virus and that's ll we can expect. Look what happened to Korea and Italy? They even could not contain it.

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Haha 2

On 2/21/2020 at 6:17 PM, connda said:

What could possibly go wrong?  :dry:

Nothing - according to the gospel of napolean - - it would seems as though someone else isn't too concerned either - only requires 1 word "stop" without any discussion entered into. 

On 2/26/2020 at 3:04 PM, Moo 2 said:

You haven't quite grasped how the "Government" operates here have you?

Who would declare them "unfit"

"Accountable" ????

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 3:04 PM, Moo 2 said:

and while you are at it, why not suing Thai government for false claims that all was under control  or maybe try suing for any potential virus infection.... after all, it would be their fault since they let the Chinese in