Pattaya tourism: If you think it's quiet now wait for the next six months - grim predictions from industry leader

webfact

20 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

How are the bars there? Thinking of making a side trip there in March and hoping to fall in love with a slightly (not very) chunky monkey in early 30s for a couple of days.

No need to visit bars to find monkeys in Huahin as there is a whole Mountain full of them - take your pick ... :thumbsup:

Edited by ttrd

21 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

And what does he base this gem on? Methinks he's been reading Thai Visa.

IMHO there are just as many farangs around as there were at this time last year, if not more.

Are you a spokesman for TAT  ?   businesses are suffering , there are half as many tourists as there used to be , the good news is there are more women for me , about time it was 80 baht to the uk pound not the pawltry 40 to uk pound we have at moment , the other good thing is immigration will be getting less money on visas the greedy sods he he he 

2 minutes ago, hottrader77 said:

Are you a spokesman for TAT  ?   businesses are suffering , there are half as many tourists as there used to be , the good news is there are more women for me , about time it was 80 baht to the uk pound not the pawltry 40 to uk pound we have at moment , the other good thing is immigration will be getting less money on visas the greedy sods he he he 

You won't see 80 baht to the Pound if you live to be 100, you wont even see 50!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hottrader77 said:

RE - the other good thing is immigration will be getting less money on visas the greedy sods he he he

* ... and to compensate for the loss they will most likely increase the fees for the few that remain - btw, not funny at all ... :coffee1:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, saengd said:

You won't see 80 baht to the Pound if you live to be 100, you wont even see 50!

The history tends to repeat itself so yes it's not about IF, but WHEN ... :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Just now, hottrader77 said:

I think we are comparing February this year to February last year, not February 15 years ago.

Highest I remember THB/GBP was around 75 in 2004/5. Lots of urban myths about prevous values of THB/GBP. Not been higher than 55 since 2009. Been fairly consistent 50-55 since then until 2016 and the result of the Brexit vote. Fell to 45 almost overnight. Drifted down to 40 since then due to high value of baht and continued negativity over Brexit. Bring baht down to it's true value and rejoin EU and we'll be back over 50 in no time!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ttrd said:

RE - the other good thing is immigration will be getting less money on visas the greedy sods he he he

* ... and to compensate for the loss they will most likely increase the fees for the few that remain - btw, not funny at all ... :coffee1:

Just like the police around here have increased the drink driving fine (unofficial one) to 40,000 Baht

• Haha 1

Thailand  just  dont cry.. you played with fire with visa immigration.... you did  not want kind tjm and tourist visa just blame yourself.... Thailand you just hit a bucket in your own feet. We left  . WE LEFT 

Edited by peter14
Orthograth correction
  • Confused 2

And don't forget the added attraction of Jomtien's annual deep sea fishing contest! That's a fabulous spectator sport, lol, and the crowds will be lining the beach in their thousands to watch somebody they don't know land a mackerel on a boat five miles away.

emoticon-waving-national-flag-of-thailand-3d-rendering.jpg.3de79844b209eed8331497d46a25cbcc.jpg

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, webfact said:

He indicated that businesses need to offer Thais incentives and promotions to come to Pattaya.

Businesses need to offer Thais huge discounts.... they won't pay the over-inflated prices given to foreigners!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Yes. I wonder, at what time they're shooting their "deserted Pattaya" photos. At 6am? When I'm driving dow Beach rd I never see Central Pattaya empty like that.

I'll do the next reality check in half an hour and I bet there'll be no empty beach and even the bars on the other side will be quite visited by non sex tourists.

Fake news.

It's easy to check on Pattaya beach simply by looking at my webcam here; http://fivestarvagabond.com/best-pattaya-beach-thailand-webcam/