Pattaya tourism: If you think it's quiet now wait for the next six months - grim predictions from industry leader

webfact

22 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

And what does he base this gem on? Methinks he's been reading Thai Visa.

IMHO there are just as many farangs around as there were at this time last year, if not more.

You're correct, there are loads of tourists in Jomtien and many half-full or full baht-buses to and from Pattaya. I don't know where they get the info from about a deserted Pattaya. Then posters at TV who are not even here starts with their bs. But of course it will be less tourists here starting next month, that's perfectly normal. 

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Leaver said:

How about the Thai government establish a position and offer 1 year multiple entry visas, for a one off time, and at a cheap price, to lure back all the westerners that were discarded, because Thailand thought they did not wanted or needed them.

Instead of looking at what other governements re doing, why not look at your own government and ask what are they doing to lure back tourists in these difficult times?

something like that would be perfect for me as I am semi retired and doing on and off contract work

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

well it is a very small bar scene here. What takes maybe 10 minutes on Thai Friendly in Pattaya or Soi 6 takes about two weeks of searching in Hua Hin if your very lucky. That being said, there has been a uptick in the quality of girls in Hua Hin over that past six years. But there is a lot of competition.

a slightly (not very) chunky monkey in early 30s for a couple of days should be do able. Make sure you check all of Soi 80 and the Hut Bar where you will be torn apart like fresh meat as well as the obvious Bintabaht area. and massage girls on Soi 94. Go to Pat's massage on Soi 94 and ask for Da. If she asks you if you want to take a shower first say yes. If you can stand loud music then at 10pm Panama Bar, Ibiza Bar and freelancers at the Hilton after 11:30pm and Cat Bar after 1am.     

sorry I don't really know much about this. just what I read on the internet.

Definitive sex tourism. 

Most excellent, keep up the important work.

18 hours ago, observer90210 said:

I would say, look out for the next years, as long as the Thai Bhat is overrated and inflated...it will make the Corona desert seem like peanuts.

Thai Baht is down against the US dollar as of 2/22/20

USDTHB

US Dollar/Thai Baht FX Spot Rate

31.58=
0.000.00%

Plus if they want more or longer staying visitors tell the IO's to take a break and let in those that have  many SETV's  or visa exempt entries instead of telling them you been in Thailand to much.

I am up in Kow Yai with relatives for the moment. The large  Clothing/Goods Outlet that is usually crowded with Chinese shopping for discounts is basically deserted.

Edited by Tony125

21 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

well it is a very small bar scene here. What takes maybe 10 minutes on Thai Friendly in Pattaya or Soi 6 takes about two weeks of searching in Hua Hin if your very lucky. That being said, there has been a uptick in the quality of girls in Hua Hin over that past six years. But there is a lot of competition.

a slightly (not very) chunky monkey in early 30s for a couple of days should be do able. Make sure you check all of Soi 80 and the Hut Bar where you will be torn apart like fresh meat as well as the obvious Bintabaht area. and massage girls on Soi 94. Go to Pat's massage on Soi 94 and ask for Da. If she asks you if you want to take a shower first say yes. If you can stand loud music then at 10pm Panama Bar, Ibiza Bar and freelancers at the Hilton after 11:30pm and Cat Bar after 1am.     

sorry I don't really know much about this. just what I read on the internet.

"there has been a uptick in the quality of girls in Hua Hin over that past six years"

I would put the quality as "dismal" but each to their own. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, shadowofacloud said:

No worries. Beach sport championships, marching band festivals, mass Indian weddings, hordes of Russian millionaires, Thai families (actually families from around the whole world) are all coming to rescue!

Time to start building more hotels, more condos, more malls - more of everything.

you forgot the to be expected airport congestion problem in April, we were reported about recently...

Edited by P100

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Only because they couldn't get refunds on their flights.

Anyone travelling to a country that could suddenly be put in quarantine would be mad.

Best not to go to Japan, Korea, SG and Hkg then. These countries are more likely to be put on shutdown. 

At last its good that somebody in Authority has taken their head out of the Sand.

The effects of this Covid19 Virus will last well into 2021.

Even after the "all clear " has sounded from China, the WHO will have to investigate whether there really is no more Covid19 in China, and  then of course the rest of the Globe has to declare their own Countries free of the Virus, and on  it goes.

All of this will take a long time to be 100% sure the Virus is eradicated.

After this period, I am sure there will be a self imposed travel ban placed upon the Chinese people by their Government in order to restore faith, and face, around the Globe, and travelers from other Nations will be a very reluctant to set foot on Foreign soils that they may consider to be " contaminated " still by the Virus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FiveStarVagabond said:

I have never seen Pattaya so quiet, I love it. It's easy to check on Pattaya beach simply by looking at my webcam here; http://fivestarvagabond.com/best-pattaya-beach-thailand-webcam/

Pattaya Beach Feb 16.jpg

That’s very early in the morning , you can tell by where the sun is .... I jog Pattaya beach and jontiem beach roads alternate days , both are fairly busy by midday , certainly jontiem beach very busy , and next to my home in Pratumnak, ( cozy beach ) very busy from 10 am til about 2pm mainly Russians ofcourse , but they are still customers no ? 

41 minutes ago, NoComment said:

Eggs in one basket

Ridiculous Baht

Mass shooting

Bombs

Ripped off tourists

Unsafe areas

Double pricing

Unsafe buildings

Dirty seas

Dirty beaches

Police raids

Corona virus

Maybe the powers that be could charge the odd thing here and there.

Can see that your (dirty) glass is virtually empty. The eggs in one basket isn't a negative per se but an opinion of your other 'factors'. Plus you missed off air qulity that is a biggie. Right off for a walkaround to see how the land lies.

On 2/21/2020 at 12:11 PM, DannyCarlton said:

In Pattaya they previously did this when russians were plenitful. Many restaurants catering fo Russians with Russian food, (boiled cabbage and potatoes) and menus in Russian. Ambassadors in Na jomtien still caters for them, huge complex with beach and swimming pool (essential for Russian visitors) hundreds of Russian families staying there. Unfortunately its on Sukumvit and Russians insist on running across the road instead of using the foot bridge and regularly ending up as roadkill.

Ambassador Hotel

I am not a “OMG! Give me hand sanitizer!!” guy but the way the Thai’s in my country area approach just basic hygiene is crazy. I know they have lived like this for eons and their immune system has adapted, but for instance today I was at a monk ceremony for a young man and all the people that are cooking and preparing for the festivities and children are drinking water out of the same single cup by the water cooler. 

Hope none of the revelers came from Bangkok with Corona!

On 2/21/2020 at 11:33 AM, DannyCarlton said:

And what does he base this gem on? Methinks he's been reading Thai Visa.

IMHO there are just as many farangs around as there were at this time last year, if not more.

You don't get out much do you.