Thailand road carnage: 2,261 killed at the scene since the start of the year

webfact

The media cautions that this is just those killed at the scene - in reality when victims who die in hospitals and all jurisdictions report their numbers the stats are much higher.

My wife's friend is a nurse at the local hospital, and it seems that they do not tell the truth.

There's no emergency operation when somebody has an accident in the evening and on weekends. 

Many people die on the same night, right after they arrived at the hospital, or a few days later when infected with other illnesses because other patients with contagious diseases are not separated. 

A friend of mine with a heart problem finally died of four different lung infections he'd gotten from other patients in a room full of very sick people. 

It's not as bad as China, but we seldom hear the truth. 

Sad, but true. TIT?

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 4:44 PM, ashkale said:

Looks like we need to quarantine the vehicles off thai roads- shows two things- how "contagious" wreckless driving is in Thailand & How pathetic the CCP are at churning out unrealistic numbers.  

I don't think that would work. I've been trying out a statement on my wife and kids lately and, surprisingly, there appears to be a consensus. Normally, when you have 6 Thais in a car, you'll get 8 or more opinions on most things, but lately, I remark that there should be a law baring Thais from owning or riding cars or motorcycles of any kind, and they appear to agree with me!

It's back to bicycles and Shanks' pony for you m'lad....

But it'll never happen so I suppose we'd better hope and pray they wipe themselves out before they wipe us out eh?

Edited by ParkerN

On 2/22/2020 at 10:08 AM, cyril sneer said:

are these threads even neccesary anymore? 

There's always the newbies who didn't do adequate research before coming to Thailand. If they had, they probably would have found some place safer given the potentially lung-rotting pollution.

On 2/22/2020 at 9:35 AM, rvaviator said:

Clearly he has learned to integrate well with the local driving culture. One could actually make a case for how safe the roads are here considering how crazy it is ... Only 20K to 30K a year is not bad when you consider how wild it is with what I believe is more than 30 million registered vehicles.

might be registered BUT HOW MANY CAN DRIVE & HAVE LICENCES??

It takes a viral pandemic to kill that many in China in basically just as many days.

As mentioned - these reports just have loads of people with their stories of near misses and madness they witness in LoS putting in here tuppence worth.

Nothing, I repeat nothing will change no matter how much you tell them.

Just like Africa - if the rest of the world stood still for a thousand years - Africa will never catch up. And it was an African that said that first.