List of Countries Imposing CV Quarantines or Bans on Travelers from Thailand

TallGuyJohninBKK

UAE issues travel bans to Iran, Thailand over coronavirus fears.

The ministry said in a statement: "In light of the UAE's efforts to monitor and contain the spread of the new coronavirus, COVID-19, and in the interest of general public safety and health, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has issued a travel ban, calling on all UAE citizens to not travel to Iran and Thailand at present and up until further notice.

https://www.arabianbusiness.com/healthcare/441095-uae-issues-travel-bans-to-iran-thailand-over-coronavirus-fears

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Guderian said:

Any idea if this would affect airline passengers using the Middle Eastern airlines and transiting to Europe via Muscat, Doha or Dubai?

Your airline will let you know, or call them. The situation is changing too quickly for any list to be totally accurate.

• Thanks 1

The news comes after Kuwait’s civil aviation authority also on Monday announced it was suspending all flights to and from Thailand.

The move was in accordance with guidelines from the Kuwaiti Health Ministry, officials said. 

Kuwait also suspended flights between Iraq, Italy and South Korea.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

46 minutes ago, OMSSQD28 said:

Have a sense of humour.

welcome to the forum.

48 minutes ago, OMSSQD28 said:

But something else I thought really was not funny either is that night you were posting links on here of pictures of fresh dead bodies bloody on the ground while the mass shooting was literally still in the process of happening up here because I actually know people who witnessed some of that incident and we also knew one of the victims who was shot in Terminal 21 that day and I didn’t appreciate it when you posted that either so I understand. Something to think about before you judge. 

Sorry for your loss. any links I posted during the ongoing coverage of the shooting had a huge disclaimer saying "GRAPHIC CONTENT."

You might be thinking of Yinn who posted about a dozen horrible uncensored photos of dead bodies directly into the topic. They were removed by the mods.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Iraq bans travelers from these 7 countries because of coronavirus fears

From CNN’s Mostafa Salem in Abu Dhabi and Aqeel Najim in Baghdad

The Iraqi government extended a travel ban as fears of a coronavirus outbreak rise, the government said in a statement today.

Travelers from five other new countries were included in the ban, which already included Iran and China. The new countries are:

• Thailand
  • South Korea
  • Japan
  • Italy
  • Singapore

The government said in a statement: "The committee decided to extend the suspension of the direct or indirect entry of foreign arrivals from China and Iran until further notice, and [also] stop the direct or indirect entry of foreign arrivals from Thailand, South Korea, Japan, Italy and Singapore."

• Haha 1

My wife's friend, who she hopes! to go to NZ with next month!! said that a Tour Group from Thailand was stopped at Heathrow and put in an isolation room. They should know what is happening tomorrow with the group.

Although my wife has travel insurance for the NZ trip, maybe an expensive 'non holiday' as I can see the insurance companies riggling ....!

23 hours ago, jimn said:

Thailand is not the epicentre of the virus so these bans make no sence. You might as well ban people from Japan, South Korea and Italy whist they are at it. 

After Anutin’s conference call to EU about the spread of the virus Thailand is suspected of not accurately reporting virus numbers. This would be backed up by the Phuket health authorities saying that Bangkok has told them not to talk about the virus numbers and for me personally, having coffee with my friend who is vp of a bkk hospital telling me they are no longer allowed to say anything without government permission.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Another poster found this webpage maintained by the IATA that seems to have pretty good, current info on countries that are imposing travel restrictions on people who have recently been in Thailand. The info below generally applies to foreign visitors/residents of these countries, as they often have different rules for their own citizens returning from Thailand or elsewhere.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm?fbclid=IwAR11pF3UlcxMokiUlwUftMAzHagFe6x1j-gXIx5OZFu3-vazdN5aaR6ko88

BAHRAIN – published 25.02.2020

1. Visitors and airline crew who have transited through or have been in China (People's Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Iran, Korea (Rep.), Malaysia, Singapore or Thailand in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter Bahrain.

FRENCH POLYNESIA: published 17.02.2020

1. Visitors who have been in Cambodia, China (People's Rep.), Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong (SAR China), India, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Macao (SAR China), Malaysia, Nepal, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand or Vietnam must have a medical certificate. The medical certificate must be dated from maximum 5 days prior their arrival and must describe the passenger's health condition.

IRAQ - published 26.02.2020

3. Passengers who have been in China (People's Rep.), Iran, Italy, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Singapore or Thailand in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter Iraq.

ISRAEL - published 23.02.2020

Passengers who have been China (People's Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Japan, Korea (Rep.), Macao (SAR China), Thailand or Singapore in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter Israel.

- This does not apply to passengers who only transited through China (People's Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Japan, Korea (Rep.), Macao (SAR China), Thailand or Singapore.

SAMOA - published 25.02.2020

1. Passengers who have transited through or have been in China (People’s Rep.), Hong Kong (SAR China), Italy, Japan, Korea (Rep.), Macao (SAR China), Singapore or Thailand are not allowed to enter Samoa. They must have spent a period of 14 days in quarantine in a country that is free from Coronavirus (COVID-19). They must have medical clearance issued 3 days before arrival. The medical clearance must be a medical certificate issued by a registered medical practitioner.

SAUDI ARABIA - published 27.02.2020

1. Passengers and airline crew who have been in Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, China (People's Rep.), Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong (SAR China), India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Korea (Rep.) Lebanon, Macao (SAR China), Malaysia, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Somalia, Syria, Thailand, Uzbekistan, Viet Nam or Yemen in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter Saudi Arabia.

Thailand, on the other hand, is the Ellis Island of international tourism amid the CV outbreak. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe..."

10 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Another poster found this webpage maintained by the IATA that seems to have pretty good, current info on countries that are imposing travel restrictions on people who have recently been in Thailand. The info below generally applies to foreign visitors/residents of these countries, as they often have different rules for their own citizens returning from Thailand or elsewhere.

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/international-travel-document-news/1580226297.htm?fbclid=IwAR11pF3UlcxMokiUlwUftMAzHagFe6x1j-gXIx5OZFu3-vazdN5aaR6ko88

This document is regularly updated and you can now add Nauru and The Solomon Islands to the list.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, treetops said:

This document is regularly updated and you can now add Nauru and The Solomon Islands to the list.

Ya, they were there originally when I went thru the list, but I left them off the quoted parts I excerpted for my post.... The mods get fussy sometimes about the length of quoted material. And, I was assuming, not a lot of ThaiVisa readers are probably planning trips to Nauru or the Solomon Islands.... But who knows!!!  :biggrin:

The big change since my original post has been Vietnam's decision to ban or quarantine folks from a bunch of different other CV outbreak areas (at least for now NOT including Thailand for whatever reason). But IATA hadn't updated their webpage to reflect the Vietnam changes the last time I looked.

4 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The big change since my original post has been Vietnam's decision to ban or quarantine folks from a bunch of different other CV outbreak areas (at least for now NOT including Thailand for whatever reason). But IATA hadn't updated their webpage to reflect the Vietnam changes the last time I looked.

Vietnam still not updated, but new restrictions/requirements on anyone recently in Thailand and wanting to enter Cook Islands, Egypt, Kuwait and Paraguay have been added.

• Thanks 1