The plant that might stop Covid-19

snoop1130

2 hours ago, dcnx said:

I would much prefer a plant over HIV retrovirals.

Or maybe this if it works out to be effective.

Researchers at the University of Queensland (UQ) have said they are just days away from testing a new vaccine for coronavirus, or COVID-19, on animals.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-22/coronavirus-vaccine-animal-testing-days-away-uq-researchers/11991456

20 hours ago, justin case said:

again, people with no knowledge post their bile

this plant is known as KING OF BITTERS

it stimulate the liver to do it's work

ideal when you have a cold/fever in stead of your chemical paracetamol/tylenol that.... INHIBITS YOUR LIVER !!!

been using it for years in such cases

but hey, remain IGNORANT about things that actually work

What name do you ask for when purchasing and where to buy.

6 minutes ago, TheAppletons said:

For your information, doctor, our ancestors used homeopathic remedies for centuries to cure their ailments.

Their life expectancy was about 35 years of age or so.  But still...

Homeopathy is fraud.

Chinese medicine is <deleted>.

Active ingredients found in nature used to make modern medicine improves overall health and saves lives. The rest is just fraud.

There is no science behind homeopathy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Homeopathy is fraud.

Chinese medicine is <deleted>.

Active ingredients found in nature used to make modern medicine improves overall health and saves lives. The rest is just fraud.

There is no science behind homeopathy.

WHOOSH!

You didn't get that the "their life expectancy was about 35 years or so" was the punchline.....?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheAppletons said:

WHOOSH!

You didn't get that the "their life expectancy was about 35 years or so" was the punchline.....?

No I didn't.

50,000 years ago living to 35 might have been a healthy, relatively long life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Yeah, modern medicine sucks. When I'm on death's door step I'll reach for a handful of leaves. Brilliant.

Good luck, the usual estimates for "medical errors" killing people are between 240,000 - 440,000 a year! that's just in the USA ???? 

6 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Yeah, modern medicine sucks. When I'm on death's door step I'll reach for a handful of leaves. Brilliant.

Modern medicine has no drugs to kill viruses or antibiotic resistant superbugs, they can't even cure candida. As such looking at herbal remedies is a very good idea. There are herbs/plants that kills numerous viruses, one in particular confirmed by pharmaceutical tests. There are no drugs that will do that. Would that one be effective on coronavirus, who knows, its never been tested, however it can kill the common cold virus. Modern medicine has many brilliant life saving systems, but it doesn't do it all, think cancer.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, CGW said:

Good luck, the usual estimates for "medical errors" killing people are between 240,000 - 440,000 a year! that's just in the USA ???? 

I'm sure the death rate for those that ingest leaves for anything serious is 100% aside from those who recover under their own steam.

Not to mention how absolutely nasty chewing leaves must be.

This is where some homeopathy crusader needs to jump in...TEA!!! It doesn't work.

All that Chinese medicine is working miracles in China right now innit'?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rancid said:

Modern medicine has no drugs to kill viruses or antibiotic resistant superbugs, they can't even cure candida. As such looking at herbal remedies is a very good idea. There are herbs/plants that kills numerous viruses, one in particular confirmed by pharmaceutical tests. There are no drugs that will do that. Would that one be effective on coronavirus, who knows, its never been tested, however it can kill the common cold virus. Modern medicine has many brilliant life saving systems, but it doesn't do it all, think cancer.

This is a pretty numb statement.

Yes, there are drugs that kill virus. Superbug diseases came about as such due to antibiotics being so effective and later overproscibed and misused. Victim of its own success.

There are dozens of anti cancer drugs. Not many Bunches of leaves though.

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Yes, there are drugs that kill virus. Superbug diseases came about as such due to antibiotics being so effective and later overproscibed and misused. Victim of its own success.

There are dozens of anti cancer drugs. Not many Bunches of leaves though.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11347286/

On 2/22/2020 at 2:42 PM, DrTuner said:

Fah talai jone, I ordered some caps from lazada couple of weeks ago, cheap. It's an antipyretic so can be used instead of paracetamol.

https://mb.mahidol.ac.th/en/new-look-at-an-old-remedy/

I ordered off lazada but found it a bit cheaper in the local pharmacy, so I bought the last 2 they had there as well!

On 2/21/2020 at 1:19 PM, worgeordie said:

I thought you would have to have ill people to test if the plant works

or has any effect at all, does this mean they are testing healthy people

to see if it makes them ill .

regards worgeordie

Yes and we like you to volunteer the first..

25 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

This is nothing lol. First, it's nothing that's conclusive, it's just some random study. Next, it's tincture, an extract. They didn't give the patients mistletoe leaves which was exactly my point.

My mother used it intravenously.

If you want to be pedantic then you could eat the root and leaves of Echinacea purpurea in gelcaps and potentially increase your protection against SARS-CoV-2. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4058675/

While I agree most herbal remedies are useless I don't think it's the case for all of them.

Edited by Tayaout

4 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I find your belief in "drugs" numb TBH ???? 

"Big Pharma cannot be accused of not having great media coverage, paid for with the billions they make, certainly paying dividends. ????

• Like 1

Andrographis paniculata can already be bought over the counter. I use it when i get the flu, in quite high doses. It seems to reduce the time I am ill for. Not sure why they are testing it on healthy patients, unless thy want to try very high doses to start. Either way, it may only reduce symptoms. It's not a cure. 

19 hours ago, CGW said:

I find your belief in "drugs" numb TBH ???? 

"Big Pharma cannot be accused of not having great media coverage, paid for with the billions they make, certainly paying dividends. ????

I'm no fan of Big Pharma but giving people herbs for anything from the common cold to cancer is criminal. Absolutely bite my tongue when my students tell me they're going to study Chinese medicine.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tayaout said:

My mother used it intravenously.

If you want to be pedantic then you could eat the root and leaves of Echinacea purpurea in gelcaps and potentially increase your protection against SARS-CoV-2. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4058675/

While I agree most herbal remedies are useless I don't think it's the case for all of them.

I'm never sick. I don't need that hippy stuff. Just a waste of money.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind I will not die of this latest breaking flu.

But thanks for the Echinacea tip ;-D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

I'm no fan of Big Pharma but giving people herbs for anything from the common cold to cancer is criminal. Absolutely bite my tongue when my students tell me they're going to study Chinese medicine.

As I said, Big Pharma has a very effective PR machine, I absolutely disagree with what you are saying & Big Pharma would doubtless agree with you, give them drugs, vaccinate them, then give them more chemicals to mask the side effects of the drugs they are already taking, having said that if people were into prevention it would help them Hugely! We live in a toxic world ???? 

No point trying to discuss here it's far to involved, my belief is for the majority of sickness there is a natural cure, you disagree, will leave it at that.

• 1 month later...

Interesting comment today (20 April) in daily official briefing from the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) at Government House:

The Thai Public Health Ministry will begin trials of the Fah Talai Jone herb (Andrographis paniculata) which is indigenous to Thailand, in the treatment of COVID-19 infection.  See mention in today's briefing at timestamp 5:14

Laboratory tests in China showed encouraging results that an extract from the herb, Andrographolide, is effective in curbing virus intrusion into human cells.

The trial will involve ten strong and healthy volunteers, with their blood being tested every 5-7 days to assess the extract’s efficacy in curbing viral activity.

Edited by WaveHunter

31 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

The Thai Public Health Ministry will begin trials of the Fah Talai Jone herb (Andrographis paniculata) which is indigenous to Thailand, in the treatment of COVID-19 infection. 

I've been taking it for a few weeks. Causes a bitch of an itchy throat for me. The couple of sniffles from AC being too cold and wife stealing the blanket were shorter than usual. It probably has some effect.