The plant that might stop Covid-19

snoop1130

7 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I've been taking it for a few weeks. Causes a bitch of an itchy throat for me. The couple of sniffles from AC being too cold and wife stealing the blanket were shorter than usual. It probably has some effect.

It just surprised me that it would be mentioned in an official briefing from the Government.  I'm not usually a big fan of herbal remedies, but maybe there's something to this. 

Wouldn't that be something?  An indigenous plant from Thailand comes to the world's rescue! I'm already proud to call Thailand my home, but that would make me especially proud!????

Edited by WaveHunter

55 minutes ago, WaveHunter said:

An indigenous plant from Thailand comes to the world's rescue! I'm already proud to call Thailand my home, but that would make me especially proud!????

I don't get how one could be proud of a plant that occurs naturally and has nothing to do with humans, but sure, would be cool if it has an effect.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

I don't get how one could be proud of a plant that occurs naturally and has nothing to do with humans, but sure, would be cool if it has an effect.

The fact that Thailand is studying it as a possible treatment for Covid-19 would be something to be proud of if it turned out to be work, since an herbal remedy could come into use far more quickly than a manufactured new drug could.

I'm also proud of Thailand for having very active and productive clinical research ongoing with Remdesivir, a fact most people are not even aware of. 

In fact, Thailand is often underrated when it comes medical research, as well as in regard to its' high ranking globally for public health and health care. 

Edited by WaveHunter
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

The fact that Thailand is studying it as a possible treatment for Covid-19 would be something to be proud of if it turned out to be work, since an herbal remedy could come into use far more quickly than a manufactured new drug could.

I'm also proud of Thailand for having very active and productive clinical research ongoing with Remdesivir, a fact most people are not even aware of. 

In fact, Thailand is often underrated when it comes medical research, as well as in regard to its' high ranking globally for public health and health care. 

Yes. It's proven out by the hundreds of drugs originating from Thailand and sold all over the world... One of the better known world class Thai labs is Dr Somchai's Lab. 

Screenshot_20200421-052430.thumb.png.cea493d52e3cdbf7732ea3bada4242b5.png

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WaveHunter said:

It just surprised me that it would be mentioned in an official briefing from the Government.  I'm not usually a big fan of herbal remedies, but maybe there's something to this. 

Wouldn't that be something?  An indigenous plant from Thailand comes to the world's rescue! I'm already proud to call Thailand my home, but that would make me especially proud!????

Why not? Trouble is when 'herbal' or plant remedy is mentioned they are immediately scoffed at. These things have evolved over eons hand in hand with life. There's no chance we'd be here without utilising nature though pharma would probably not subscribe to that. Good on them for going down this route.

9 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Why not? Trouble is when 'herbal' or plant remedy is mentioned they are immediately scoffed at. These things have evolved over eons hand in hand with life. There's no chance we'd be here without utilising nature though pharma would probably not subscribe to that. Good on them for going down this route.

Oh I agree with you but there are so many dopey guru-types out there in social media touting this herbal remedy and that herbal remedy that it's hard to know what's really works and what does not.  Sady I think 99% of the stuff you hear about is just plain bogus when you really do some serious fact finding.