Deadly wipeout airport taxi driver found guilty, suspended jail term handed down, 3-month driver’s ban

snoop1130

Deadly wipeout airport taxi driver found guilty, suspended jail term handed down, 3-month driver’s ban

By The Phuket News

1582278828_1-org.jpg

The scene of the wipeout accident on Thepkrasattri Rd more than 15 moths ago. Photo: Seang Prachachon Kon Phuket / Facebook

PHUKET:-- The driver of the airport taxi that wiped out six cars and a motorbike, killing its rider, in peak hour traffic in Thalang 15 months ago has been released on a suspended sentence and will face a three-month ban from driving his taxi, officials have confirmed.

Marut Puangbanjong was found guilty of two charges against him in a verdict handed down on Nov 12 last year – a year and two weeks after the accident.

Marut was found guilty of one charge of negligence causing death under the Criminal Code, and another charge of reckless operation of a vehicle causing death levied under the Traffic Act.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/deadly-wipeout-airport-taxi-driver-found-guilty-suspended-jail-term-handed-down-3-month-driver-ban-74940.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-02-21
  • Sad 3

Wipe out half a dozen vehicles, kill someone then receive a suspended sentence, pick mushrooms and get 15 years with 500k THB Bail!!

The disparity between prison sentences here is just unbelievable!!!

As some posters have mentioned, had it been a foreigner, it would be a whole different case for example:

I Spent 6 Months In A Thai Prison For Shoplifting

Thailand's king has pardoned a Swiss man who was sentenced to 10 years in jail for defacing images of him

Thai court sentences Dutch national to 103 years in jail 

Compared to 

Thai former abbot was yesterday (19/02/20) sentenced by the Central Criminal Court to a suspended jail term of 36 months and fined 27,000 baht for the embezzlement of 69.7 million baht of temple funds.

Just my thoughts.......

Edited by curious297
make my meaning clearer
  • Like 2

On 2/21/2020 at 7:05 PM, Creasy said:

Kill someone and get your taxi licence suspended for three months ???????

“I want him to explain what happened and check his attitude about driving in a public place. If I am not satisfied that he has the right attitude, his suspension may be extended,” Mr Prapai said".

Plus, he's got a 3-year suspended sentence and a B200,000 good behaviour bond.

Edited by Just Weird

11 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

If he does, if he does anything, he'll do the three years and forfeit the B200,000 bond that's hanging over his head

I hope he does "something" then he can serve the sentence he 

should have done,then justice will be served.

regards worgeordie