Donald Trump jabs at Parasite's Oscar win because film is 'from South Korea'

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Paul Henry said:

Just more nonsense from the executive in chief who forgets he is there to run the country for everyone's benefit not just there to play golf,send out mean and stupid tweets, sack people who try to advise and guide him and play golf.and play golf and tweet and play golf and tweet and play golf and tweet

and play golf.Repetitive just like Potus's life, lies and bankruptcies to add to the mix.Thank God he is a stable genius hate to see how a dummy wold run the country,

Four more years. No Communist is going to be President. Sanders victorious in Nevada.

11 hours ago, sirineou said:

don't want this award to be anything, I could care less!! as far as I am concern it could go away tomorrow and I would care less

And yet here you are arguing like your life depended on it. To the point of challenging the manliness of others. Rage on!

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

And yet, tens of millions of people disagree with you. They voted with their wallets generating $207 million at the box office. Quite a contrast to Trump supporter Chuck Norris' last film Braddock: Missing in Action which generated US $6 million.

The US electorate will be given that opportunity next November. Unlike Thailand, Americans will be allowed to participate in a legitimate general election. Something to give thanks for, even  in a situation like this as so few people in our world have access to a free election.

Rubbish. In the past year alone, many brilliant and original films were released. Hollywood isn't so much about film making anymore as it is in their marketing, and distribution. Much of the USA's quality work comes from Independent or  Hub studios/creators. In any case,

some of 2019's better films were;

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood;  Rocketman, Star Wars, Marriage Story, The Irishman, Little Women, Uncut Gems, BeachBum, Under the Silver lake, Last Black Man in San franciso, Mountain, Dolemite is My Name, Skin and many, many more. If you are unaware of them, then that speaks to the small world you live in.  Don't blame others because you are afraid to step outside of the small box you have chosen to live in.

No the Academy has not lost its way. The Academy of Motion Pictures always considered itself as a world leader and  reflected the US dominating presence in the world.  Perhaps if you read its mission statement, you would understand;

The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is the world's preeminent movie related organization, comprised of 8,000+ accomplished men and women working in cinema. 

We recognize and uphold excellence in the motion picture arts and sciences, inspire imagination, and connect the world through the medium of motion pictures. 

Indian film awards reflect the Indian film industry which is India centric. The Indian film industry has never claimed to be "world" focused.

That's nice, but the 8,000+ members of the Academy  do not agree with you. If they did, they would change the mission statement and focus of the Academy.

Again, you do not understand that  the Academy Awards reflects the fact that the  *US film industry is global and targeted at world markets.  As an aside, many countries do honour US origin films. US actors and films won many of the 2020 BAFTA awards; actors like Joaquin Phoenix, Renee Zelwegger, Brad Pitt, Laura Dern. The US films also piled on other Bafta awards. The reality though is that the US dominates the film industryand is world focused, while other countries are not. The US film industry derives most of its revenue from foreign markets now, so it's awards and marketing reflect that reality.

You can have your US  focused awards when the US withdraws from  the world markets and no longer  positions itself as a world film provider.

Do not quote me , and then speak to what is not in the quote. My opinions do not require to be supported by the majority of the Academy. Is that what you do? Stand silent, unless you find consensus before you speak? One more time, the Academy is now reflecting a view I didagree with. Does that hurt?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

Do not quote me , and then speak to what is not in the quote. My opinions do not require to be supported by the majority of the Academy. Is that what you do? Stand silent, unless you find consensus before you speak? One more time, the Academy is now reflecting a view I didagree with. Does that hurt?

You just keep embarrassing yourself. First you attack the AMP for its honouring of a film that met long standing criteria, and now you try and  excuse your bluster with another factually incorrect statement that "the Academy is now reflecting a view (you) didagree (sic) with".

The AMP is not "reflecting a view", nor is it a new change. The AMP has always positioned itself as the world's premier film source., nor is this the first time the AMP has  bestowed honours of foreign films or foreign film makers. If you had mde an effort to educate yourself, you would know that  in 1938 Jean Renoir's French masterpiece La Grande illusion was nominated for best picture. Ever hear of a couple of guys from Sweden? Bengt Forslund and Ingmar Bergman? Emigrants and Cries & Whispers?  How about  Life is Beautiful, the 1998  Italian film when best actor Oscar winner Roberto Benigni went mental?  Il Postino from 1995 with 5 nominations and one Oscar?

At it's core, your opinion is meddling in the business operations of the people who control the Academy of Motion Pictures, its 8000+ members. Who are you to tell them how to run their business? It's not your craft, and it is certainly not your  money that is at risk. You are quick to label people "communist" and yet here you come seeking to dictate to a profitable and vital  part of the US economy that it should cut off its foreign markets and to actively discriminate against"foreigners" against the wishes of its members. Fortunately, people like you  do not  make the decisions otherwise we would all be goose stepping down main street.

And btw, if you are incapable of understanding the pain that a film like Gone With the Wind causes to Afro Americans, perhaps you should  educate yourself on the history of the US film industry that did not offer  positions or substantive acting roles to visible minorities until the 1960's. All that  Afro Americans were offered were  jobs as dancers, slaves, servants, porters, maids etc. What's next, you telling us that Cotton Watts was a "real" afro american?

Edited by geriatrickid
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

That is what the distributor of the film says.

Neon, the US distributor for the subtitled film, shot back on Twitter.

“Understandable. He can’t read.”

Trump apparently also ignored the fact that  "Parasite" previously won (french) Cannes festival  2019 Palme d'or . LOL 

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "PARASITE PALME D'OR CANNES FESTIVAL" 

Edited by Opl
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Opl said:

eon, the US distributor for the subtitled film, shot back on Twitter.

“Understandable. He can’t read.”

Oh they will now be on a hit list. I bet their taxation status or something will be investigated or Immigration checks done on the board of the company

2 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

You just keep embarrassing yourself. First you attack the AMP for its honouring of a film that met long standing criteria, and now you try and  excuse your bluster with another factually incorrect statement that "the Academy is now reflecting a view (you) didagree (sic) with".

The AMP is not "reflecting a view", nor is it a new change. The AMP has always positioned itself as the world's premier film source., nor is this the first time the AMP has  bestowed honours of foreign films or foreign film makers. If you had mde an effort to educate yourself, you would know that  in 1938 Jean Renoir's French masterpiece La Grande illusion was nominated for best picture. Ever hear of a couple of guys from Sweden? Bengt Forslund and Ingmar Bergman? Emigrants and Cries & Whispers?  How about  Life is Beautiful, the 1998  Italian film when best actor Oscar winner Roberto Benigni went mental?  Il Postino from 1995 with 5 nominations and one Oscar?

At it's core, your opinion is meddling in the business operations of the people who control the Academy of Motion Pictures, its 8000+ members. Who are you to tell them how to run their business? It's not your craft, and it is certainly not your  money that is at risk. You are quick to label people "communist" and yet here you come seeking to dictate to a profitable and vital  part of the US economy that it should cut off its foreign markets and to actively discriminate against"foreigners" against the wishes of its members. Fortunately, people like you  do not  make the decisions otherwise we would all be goose stepping down main street.

And btw, if you are incapable of understanding the pain that a film like Gone With the Wind causes to Afro Americans, perhaps you should  educate yourself on the history of the US film industry that did not offer  positions or substantive acting roles to visible minorities until the 1960's. All that  Afro Americans were offered were  jobs as dancers, slaves, servants, porters, maids etc. What's next, you telling us that Cotton Watts was a "real" afro american?

I gotta laugh when someone claims that my opinion is "meddling" in an organization that does not know I exist. Where do you people come from? As if I should be skewered for having an opinion on how a sports team is managed too? How about an opinion on what Mexican restaurant chain sucks? Is that off limits? And now a person is racist if he thinks gone with wind is a good film? An American classic, shown on television every year coinciding with the academy awards, or holidays! Are you in my country the USA? Get out! Don't let the door hit your ass, take the entire family!

Edited by WalkingOrders
Sp
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Truth is without trumps support, Bernine and the upcoming HARD left turn would not be possible.

The power of the left lay in the importation of a new voting constituency from 20 mil illegals and rising. Congratulations! You have won! After another 10 years there will never be a conservative President again. Statistical impossibility, witness the potential break up of the USA, unless we have a sizable realignment of black and Hispanic voters to the right!

20 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

I live in Thailand 4 years now. In the USA I have lived one year or more as an adult in Hawaii Haleiwa, San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, Austin Tx, Miami FL, Tallahassee Fl, Atlanta Ga, and Manhattan NYC. The USA is different everywhere you go. I suggest you change what your watching and reading and test to ensure your views are not based on what you are told. Things are not dismal

I travel back there twice a year, for a month or more. It is not that the environment is dismal, though the big cities in California are dreadful, with the tens of thousands of homeless, being pushed out by rents of $3,000 or more. Over 30% of the homeless population are fully employed, yet cannot afford a home. Unless you are in the top 20%, the quality of life is truly dismal. A constant struggle for most, despite all of the bragging about how dynamic the economy is. It is, for the top 20%. 

It is more about the attitude, and the pessimism, and the disappointment of most Americans. They do not appear to be enjoying their lives. The fulfillment level feels very low. I see it with my own eyes, every time I go back. The men barely even date anymore, and the women seem to be getting more militant, and less feminine by the day. It is truly a sad environment.

Congrats on your move to Thailand. I love it here. After 30 days in the US, I cannot wait to get back!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

The power of the left lay in the importation of a new voting constituency from 20 mil illegals and rising. Congratulations! You have won! After another 10 years there will never be a conservative President again. Statistical impossibility, witness the potential break up of the USA, unless we have a sizable realignment of black and Hispanic voters to the right!

In case you missed it, "illegals" cannot participate in the US electoral system as they do not have voting rights. In addition, many states have structured their voting laws to  gerrymander district boundaries, and to impose registratation obstacles  to disenfranchise  latinos and afro americans. 

You just keep on spouting your extreme discriminatory  statements as you have eroded your credibility and are painting yourself as a petty bigot. Newsflash: Not all Republicans are bigots and not all Republicans  share your ignorant views.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, geriatrickid said:
  15 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

Please inform us as to when "illegals" got the right to vote??

I am interested that government does not appear to be one cooperation, but one of adversity of parties on pure ideology, without governing for ALL citizens

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/23/2020 at 8:25 AM, earlinclaifornia said:

Truth is without trumps support, Bernine and the upcoming HARD left turn would not be possible.

I will remember this post when they debate. Good luck in the Primaries I am definitely hoping for his becoming the Democrat nominee. Hasta la Victoria Siempre camarada!

Edited by WalkingOrders
sp

20 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

In case you missed it, "illegals" cannot participate in the US electoral system as they do not have voting rights. In addition, many states have structured their voting laws to  gerrymander district boundaries, and to impose registratation obstacles  to disenfranchise  latinos and afro americans. 

You just keep on spouting your extreme discriminatory  statements as you have eroded your credibility and are painting yourself as a petty bigot. Newsflash: Not all Republicans are bigots and not all Republicans  share your ignorant views.

In case it is difficult to understand, when two illegal aliens meet and find each other attractive, they mate, and they have babies. Their babies get instant US Citizenship. They then grow up and vote. For examples see Orange County California. Thank you. 

On 2/23/2020 at 2:48 PM, spidermike007 said:

I travel back there twice a year, for a month or more. It is not that the environment is dismal, though the big cities in California are dreadful, with the tens of thousands of homeless, being pushed out by rents of $3,000 or more. Over 30% of the homeless population are fully employed, yet cannot afford a home. Unless you are in the top 20%, the quality of life is truly dismal. A constant struggle for most, despite all of the bragging about how dynamic the economy is. It is, for the top 20%. 

It is more about the attitude, and the pessimism, and the disappointment of most Americans. They do not appear to be enjoying their lives. The fulfillment level feels very low. I see it with my own eyes, every time I go back. The men barely even date anymore, and the women seem to be getting more militant, and less feminine by the day. It is truly a sad environment.

Congrats on your move to Thailand. I love it here. After 30 days in the US, I cannot wait to get back!

You know you are someone I would love to have some more in depth conversation with. I feel your pain. But I see things differently as to the way to repair the damage. Let me know when you arrive in Thailand we can meet and have a chat. I've lived on the streets. 

Edited by WalkingOrders
sp

On 2/24/2020 at 5:37 AM, RJRS1301 said:

Please inform us as to when "illegals" got the right to vote??

I am interested that government does not appear to be one cooperation, but one of adversity of parties on pure ideology, without governing for ALL citizens

When illegal aliens enter the United States illegally, they are not citizens. When they have children, under current court interpretation of US law, those children instantly are citizens regardless of the status of their parents. Someone who swam a river into the USA, 2001  and became pregnant soon after has produced a Democrat voter. For the effect of this see Orange County California. And by the way this woman likely has not had one child, more likely its 5 or 6.

As if that is not enough California municipalities, and other democrat enclaves, ARE enacting laws giving illegal aliens voting rights in local elections. A dangerous step which is designed to eventually franchise them as voters nationally. 

If that is not enough, they are pushing for blanket amnesty and citizenship path for all 20 million. They also want all of them to have free medical, free University, etc. 

Illegal Aliens are NOT citizens of the United States, because they were NOT invited into the United States.

Before charges of racism begin, let me say that I am not opposed to the USA, the most diverse country in the world, having a robust immigration system, that takes in people from all over the world, who desire to be part of OUR way of life.

But that does not mean that 80% of our immigrants are supposed to be uneducated Guatamalans and Hondurans who cannot read and write in Spanish let alone English.

I support sealing the Southern border with Fencing.

I support a chipped and barcoded social security card including photo which must be used for employment, and strictly enforced.

With that in place I expect self deportation of illegals once they realize no work is available.

Until that happens I support a moritorium on all immigration from central America.

Once that happens I support re-opening immigration to the needs of the USA, including paths to citizenship for certain categories of workers, such as temporary farm workers from the Countries mentioned.

But never will I support a citizenship path for law breakers.

With regard to DACA, or so called dreamers, I support this category as being looked at Seperately with strict guidelines. 

I support ammending US law to prohibit instant citizenship for so called anchor babies, of illegal aliens.

13 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

under current court interpretation of US law, those children instantly are citizens regardless of the status of their parents.

So the children are CITIZENS therefore under current law, not illegal. Have the right to vote and perhaps exerviced the right.Under current law

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

So the children are CITIZENS therefore under current law, not illegal. Have the right to vote and perhaps exerviced the right.Under current law

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to say here. Yes, children born in the United States, for example an illegal alien has a baby in the back of a coyote van as it speeds across the border is currently a US citizen. That child one day will vote. 

Now multiply this event by 20 million illegal aliens allowed to enter and stay in the USA, and what do you have? A rapidly changing demographic in one generation. That can never be changed. Forever.

Crazy huh? Born during GW Bush, a voter today.

If you think I am trying to deny this horrible fact - I am not. 

I do favor closing this anchor baby loophole.

What was your point?

1 hour ago, WalkingOrders said:

I am not sure exactly what you are trying to say here. Yes, children born in the United States, for example an illegal alien has a baby in the back of a coyote van as it speeds across the border is currently a US citizen. That child one day will vote. 

Now multiply this event by 20 million illegal aliens allowed to enter and stay in the USA, and what do you have? A rapidly changing demographic in one generation. That can never be changed. Forever.

Crazy huh? Born during GW Bush, a voter today.

If you think I am trying to deny this horrible fact - I am not. 

I do favor closing this anchor baby loophole.

What was your point?

You stated the votes were illegal voters.

Not so, they are citizens who voted

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

You stated the votes were illegal voters.

Not so, they are citizens who voted

I stated my point quite clearly and stand by every word I said. If you import 20 million illegal aliens they have babies who grow up to vote. Exactly why California is now Democrat!

I never stated what you said.