Jump to content
BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
rooster59

Guidelines set for where you can charge your car

Recommended Posts

Guidelines set for where you can charge your car

By THE NATION

 

800_0afba9859208c36.jpg

 

The Energy Policy Administration Committee on Friday (February 21) approved guidelines for promoting locations for electric-vehicle charging stations, Energy Minister Sontirat Sontijirawong said after the meeting.

 

 

The guidelines aim to promote community areas, petrol stations, shopping malls, office buildings and inter-city main roads.

 

The preferred distance between stations is between 50 and 70 kilometres, to prevent their concentration in the cities.

 

The committee also approved a series of long-term strategies covering 2018-2037 – a draft first revision of the Power Development Plan, a draft Alternative Energy Development Plan, a draft Energy Conservation Plan and the Gas Management Plan.

 

The revised Power Development Plan maintains total power capacity at 77,211 megawatts but reduces the target for electricity generated among some types of renewable energy plants and fossil-based-fuel plants.

 

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30382581

 

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I live in Kanchanaburi. Just searched and found just 2 EV charging stations in the whole province.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Guidelines set for where you can charge your car

Wasn't the whole Idea that one could Charge the car at home ? It's plain stupid if one can't do that . Just wait till there are a few thousand Electric cars , the price of electricity Will Go Up, only a matter of time . Is electricity Clean Power ? Burning coal. Maybe Petrol cars be cleaner in the long run. why not use Hydrogen in a combustion engine one Can store Hydrogen in a tank (even can make it at home ). cheap and easy and a lot cleaner than petrol and Battery power.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Can store Hydrogen in a tank (even can make it at home )

Its quite dangerous to "make it at home" though..someone would need to come up with an "idiot proof" system for home manufacture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Making hydrogen and storing it safely is not cheap.

 

using electricity generated from fossil fuel powered power stations for electrolysis from water, giving hydrogen and oxygen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, johng said:

Its quite dangerous to "make it at home" though..someone would need to come up with an "idiot proof" system for home manufacture.

There isn't any Idiot prove system for Anything  in the world. best one can ask for is a bit of common sense That isn't easy either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 7:44 PM, digger70 said:

Wasn't the whole Idea that one could Charge the car at home ?

No. If masses of electric cars would be connected to the existing network the result would be:

black.jpg

 

Mass introduction of electric cars would need a complete additional electricity network. Frankly, to me the idea of Lithium battery cars as "mobility of the future" is a complete insanity/mass hysteria.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

No. If masses of electric cars would be connected to the existing network the result would be:

black.jpg

 

Mass introduction of electric cars would need a complete additional electricity network. Frankly, to me the idea of Lithium battery cars as "mobility of the future" is a complete insanity/mass hysteria.

I know , everything New isn't always better, It's possible to charge the cars at home on trickle charge , But this new thing is only to make more money, no petrol pumps but electric charge stations.I wouldn't let my car sit at a charge station I want my car to home in the garage (and charge it there)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, digger70 said:

I wouldn't let my car sit at a charge station I want my car to home in the garage (and charge it there)

But people want to use their cars for long distance trips not only return home before battery empty. The latter one is feasible for public transport/delivery/taxi and the like but not as substitute for a (one) private car. Nice add-on toy to cruise the city while the real car is in the garage.

I suggest to have some fun with these "smart EQ" spots:

 

Maybe they will add an Isan version :cheesy:

 

Edited by KhunBENQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sensible option would be to promote electric motorcycles first. Can charge at home without installing whole new electric system, and not excessively expensive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

But people want to use their cars for long distance trips not only return home before battery empty. The latter one is feasible for public transport/delivery/taxi and the like but not as substitute for a (one) private car. Nice add-on toy to cruise the city while the real car is in the garage.

I suggest to have some fun with these "smart EQ" spots:

 

Maybe they will add an Isan version :cheesy:

 

What's the good of having a car that can't get you to where you want to go? How long to wait to charge it, one or two hours ? maybe three? Very much a useless Idea .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...