Guidelines set for where you can charge your car

By THE NATION

800_0afba9859208c36.jpg

The Energy Policy Administration Committee on Friday (February 21) approved guidelines for promoting locations for electric-vehicle charging stations, Energy Minister Sontirat Sontijirawong said after the meeting.

The guidelines aim to promote community areas, petrol stations, shopping malls, office buildings and inter-city main roads.

The preferred distance between stations is between 50 and 70 kilometres, to prevent their concentration in the cities.

The committee also approved a series of long-term strategies covering 2018-2037 – a draft first revision of the Power Development Plan, a draft Alternative Energy Development Plan, a draft Energy Conservation Plan and the Gas Management Plan.

The revised Power Development Plan maintains total power capacity at 77,211 megawatts but reduces the target for electricity generated among some types of renewable energy plants and fossil-based-fuel plants.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30382581

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-02-22

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Wasn't the whole Idea that one could Charge the car at home ? It's plain stupid if one can't do that . Just wait till there are a few thousand Electric cars , the price of electricity Will Go Up, only a matter of time . Is electricity Clean Power ? Burning coal. Maybe Petrol cars be cleaner in the long run. why not use Hydrogen in a combustion engine one Can store Hydrogen in a tank (even can make it at home ). cheap and easy and a lot cleaner than petrol and Battery power.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, johng said:

Its quite dangerous to "make it at home" though..someone would need to come up with an "idiot proof" system for home manufacture.

There isn't any Idiot prove system for Anything  in the world. best one can ask for is a bit of common sense That isn't easy either.

On 2/22/2020 at 7:44 PM, digger70 said:

Wasn't the whole Idea that one could Charge the car at home ?

No. If masses of electric cars would be connected to the existing network the result would be:

black.jpg

Mass introduction of electric cars would need a complete additional electricity network. Frankly, to me the idea of Lithium battery cars as "mobility of the future" is a complete insanity/mass hysteria.

Edited by KhunBENQ

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

No. If masses of electric cars would be connected to the existing network the result would be:

black.jpg

Mass introduction of electric cars would need a complete additional electricity network. Frankly, to me the idea of Lithium battery cars as "mobility of the future" is a complete insanity/mass hysteria.

I know , everything New isn't always better, It's possible to charge the cars at home on trickle charge , But this new thing is only to make more money, no petrol pumps but electric charge stations.I wouldn't let my car sit at a charge station I want my car to home in the garage (and charge it there)

18 minutes ago, digger70 said:

I wouldn't let my car sit at a charge station I want my car to home in the garage (and charge it there)

But people want to use their cars for long distance trips not only return home before battery empty. The latter one is feasible for public transport/delivery/taxi and the like but not as substitute for a (one) private car. Nice add-on toy to cruise the city while the real car is in the garage.

I suggest to have some fun with these "smart EQ" spots:

Maybe they will add an Isan version :cheesy:

Edited by KhunBENQ

7 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

But people want to use their cars for long distance trips not only return home before battery empty. The latter one is feasible for public transport/delivery/taxi and the like but not as substitute for a (one) private car. Nice add-on toy to cruise the city while the real car is in the garage.

I suggest to have some fun with these "smart EQ" spots:

Maybe they will add an Isan version :cheesy:

What's the good of having a car that can't get you to where you want to go? How long to wait to charge it, one or two hours ? maybe three? Very much a useless Idea .