Thai court dissolves opposition party critical of military rule

Jonathan Fairfield

On 2/22/2020 at 6:18 AM, Tayaout said:

What a grave mistake... At least they could claim democracy before this. My wife voted for him and is in shock to say it politely. 

This is what they do, if any opposition party looks like getting too strong, the sitting government just find a way to dissolve them. This practice cannot go on forever as something has to give.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 1:35 AM, Huckenfell said:

If i were Thai i would b extremely angry and looking for a way to fight this injustice, even if it took me years.

They are weak people. Obvious by the way they expect there daughters to provide via laying on there backs to be abused. If I had a father like that l would be doing 20 years for murder. Thais weak

On 2/23/2020 at 5:31 PM, scorecard said:

I agree that eventually (hopefully soon) the pm's coalition will collapse in a mess and destroy his immoral and inappropriate methods and powers.

How interesting to look back at some of your posts Scorecard, at the time of the coup, circa May 2014.

A small sampling:

When has the good general ever said the peasants don't matter?

In fact he's already, as a first priority, given orders to get the outstanding monies owing to poor (peasant) farmers paid as quickly as possible.

The coup has not touched the courts, they are all still operating as normal.

So far the good general seems to know what he's doing 

The moment the junta has given control back to whatever slime ball government that is coming, it starts all over again.

It won't take the politicians but a moment to get back into their stride and it will be like they've never been away.

Yes, and all the more reason to give the good general the time and the support to reform various laws to outlaw the past practices of the scaly politicians and to even make them totally unattractive / make them irrelevant to the future.

Prayuth is doing nothing ironic. He is deliberating, taking advice from educated Thais who've been kept in the dark for years, by a suppressing previous government, and he's making headwaves like a Tsunami, at speeds faster than previous governmental/coup leaders could only dream of.

He's achieving on a major scale, in tremendously positive ways for Thailand and its people, and he's hell bent on eradicating corruption and all that goes with it.

Sod the fairy tales...

This man is for real, and doing an excellent job when considering the huge steaming turd he walked into!

My bet is on the good general taking enough time / not too long and then step by step pass it back to a full democratic mechanism. And I hope he does take enough time to get it right.

Couldn't have been more wrong eh? 

What a tragedy that it's taken you 6 years to wake up.

Edited by Loongharkok

On 2/23/2020 at 11:58 PM, rhyddid said:

You shall be aware that any country has his own LAWS, like them or do not like them, still it's a law that shall be respected, if you broke the law you get caught and you pay the consequences from a simple fine to years of jail.

The "CEO" of FFP broke the law of financing a party, the law say in such case a party shall be dismantled , period no discussion it's the law.

Maybe your concept of democracy is that a Billionaire may decide not to respect / break the law and all shall say nothing ? 

Well trumps doing it...