Here's how Thailand would respond to a 'worst case' coronavirus scenario

rooster59

1 hour ago, humbug said:

I wouldn’t trust any news from CCP China about Guo or miles Kwok, and CCP are the masters of fake news, If you don’t like the estimates from miles Kwok or guo, then look out for professor neil Ferguson from the UK’s imperial

college london, maybe his information is more to your estimates, he’s had quite a few recent interviews, I am okay with many estimates, I have no issues with war room, lancet, Ferguson, john Hopkins university, I am just very weary of information now from WHO and CCP China because they both have been caught covering up numbers especially CCP China, 

It was John Hopkins who said his research into SARS revealed that corona viruses dont survive in humid temperatures of around 30C. There's a conundrum for you.

Its been over 30C in big parts of Thailand since I got here two weeks ago.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Traubert said:

It was John Hopkins who said his research into SARS revealed that corona viruses dont survive in humid temperatures of around 30C. There's a conundrum for you.

Singapore,with 89 cases,seems to be the anomaly which I've read maybe explained by lots of air-conditioning.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2020 at 5:14 AM, christophe75 said:

Well, there is no need to read such "article" ("scenario", "If", "plan", "fake news", "we would" etc.)

What matter are facts.

And here is the latest fact : "South Korea reports 142 new cases of coronavirus, raising country's total to 346"

And it's just 10 AM local time.

Oh and here is another fact : Shanghai has officially.... 334 cases.

You know the chinese megalopolis, 800 km from Wuhan ? I was not really sure you would know.

????

And how many have died outside of China? Last I heard it was 10 out of over 6 billion people. Might have gone up by a couple since. Much ado about nothing.

1 minute ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And how many have died outside of China? Last I heard it was 10 out of over 6 billion people. Might have gone up by a couple since. Much ado about nothing.

I wish you were right .Have you started prepping ? ...I guess not .

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Singapore,with 89 cases,seems to be the anomaly which I've read maybe explained by lots of air-conditioning.

The anomaly is likely that they have far better diagnosis capabilities than others in SEA, are not trying to suppress the numbers and are proactively searching for cases. They are setting a good example, but to no avail as Thailand has nominated itself as the petri dish, all Chinese welcome, dead or alive.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:
2 hours ago, Traubert said:

sort of shows the virus spread isn't going to Cool Off any time soon...

2 hours ago, Traubert said:

Kerala in India, now at 305 under observation cases, is it hot in India? Do you think it’s hot in kerala? How about that for your conundrum and Singapore is hot too but Singapore updates all cases everyday with past history on moh.gov.sig

where is this lands information?

Edited by humbug

35 minutes ago, humbug said:

How about that for your conundrum and Singapore is hot too but Singapore updates all cases everyday with past history on moh.gov.sig

Like China, Singapore has lots of people crammed into small areas breathing the same recirculated air, fact is the virus cannot survive in hot temperatures, it can survive and thrive in AC areas.

For those that were trying to find updates about the number of figures of infected cases in Korea and Iran, there is a local site that provides some interesting data...https://www.thailandmedical.news/.....the only think I find strange is that they report on literally everything about the coronavirus in detail even about research  etc except anything about Thailand. Wonder if there is a gag order.

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2020 at 10:35 AM, TheAppletons said:

While I don't doubt that every major city in China has some sort of quarantine in place, I suspect that most places (outside of Hubei province and Wuhan city) are quarantining people who have the virus.

It's difficult to believe that China has quarantined 75% of their entire population.

Everyone in my Chinese city who left for the holidays has been put under enforced 14 day quarantine in their apartment upon returning . I finished mine last Thursday, and I had to have my temperature taken twice a day as well as get someone to order food over the internet for me. It is the same in most cities so 750 million+ would have been correct a week ago.

Edited by Elfin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CGW said:

Like China, Singapore has lots of people crammed into small areas breathing the same recirculated air, fact is the virus cannot survive in hot temperatures, it can survive and thrive in AC areas.

India has 305 cases under observation, Egypt has started too,Kuwait started to observe, this land had 30+ that just vanished into thin air, these are hot countries, it’s flu and cold season for many s.e Asian countries, many will not even know they have the virus, you will need social distancing through fear, then there are even less new hosts to find and the virus cannot multiply in the same way, most of the cases will be mild, so let’s see about hot weather destroying this virus, you get the feeling CCP China is depending on this outcome in late April, early May when the weather becomes warmer

Edited by humbug

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

23 deaths outside of China and starting to double rapidly so you might want to hang on to your hat as we might be in for a bit of turbulence.

Country,
Other

Total Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths 
Total
Recovered
Serious, 
Critical 
China  76,940 +652  2,443  +98  23,101  11,477 
Diamond Princess 634     17  27 
S. Korea  602 +166  +3  18 
Japan  146 +12    22 
Italy  117 +38    18 
Singapore  89       49 
Hong Kong  70     11 
Iran  43 +14  +2     
Thailand  35       20 
USA  35        
Taiwan  28 +2   
Australia  22 +1      11   
Malaysia  22       17   
Germany  16       14   
Vietnam  16       15   
U.A.E.  13      
France  12     10   
Macao  10        
Canada  9        
U.K.  9        
Philippines  3    

9 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

Agreed but the figures quoted on Steve Bannon's show are equally nonsensical. Can't anyone give us the truth?

Please note the part about affecting your family jewels.Not sure if you want to handle the truth.????

Furthermore certain studies have showed that the coronavirus attacks the ACE2 receptors found in many organ tissues including the heart, kidneys, lungs and even testicles, making them susceptible.

https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/latest-more-cases-of-coronavirus-reinfections-emerging-among-cured-patients-in-china-causing-concern

Edited by FarFlungFalang

2 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Please note the part about affecting your family jewels.

Furthermore certain studies have showed that the coronavirus attacks the ACE2 receptors found in many organ tissues including the heart, kidneys, lungs and even testicles, making them susceptible.

https://www.thailandmedical.news/news/latest-more-cases-of-coronavirus-reinfections-emerging-among-cured-patients-in-china-causing-concern

Thanks for your concern but mine have been firing blanks since just after my son was born, more than 25 years ago.

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

I'm worried they might swell and and suffer pestilence.

I wouldn't worry about them swelling, Thai ladies love that look. The bigger, the better.

Mine are a good size and if I'm wearing tight shorts which show them off to their fullest extent, my wife points to them and shouts, "Oupoo!" No idea what it means but I'm sure it's a compliment.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, humbug said:

you get the feeling CCP China is depending on this outcome in late April, early May when the weather becomes warmer

They don't have a lot of other options, that I can see? sooner it's finished with the better for me as need to make a trip to China ASA safe to do so! :shock1:

8 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

You've either got it or you ain't. You can only treat the symptoms so why worry whether it's flu or COVID 19.

I've got it COVID I'll face it like a man,bare faced displaying the middle finger salutation..

Edited by FarFlungFalang

On 2/22/2020 at 10:10 AM, Misty said:

Where in Bangkok can someone pay to get tested for coronavirus?  How much does a test cost?

I would try at Chulalongkorn hospital. They have one of the two WHO reference laboratories in Thailand with RT-PCR capabilites. The other one is at National Institute of Health, you'd have to ask Anutin to get in front of the queue there (must be hundreds by now). Of course you won't get an official result because both of those labs need to confirm. 

Edited by DrTuner
  • Thanks 1

The rapid rise in cases in Korea, Italy and Iran suggests that the cat is now out of the chinese bag. Of these Iran is actually the most worrying, with one third of all the deaths outside of China. This is probably because Iranian health services are pretty much run down after years of sanctions and they have little knowledge of how it has spread so fast there, and said to now be in most Iranian cities. Has already spread to Lebanon, probably in Iraq and Syria soon .......

I very much doubt this will end soon. Either the world goes into total quarantine (and start a recession which would make all others look like a statistical blip) or allow the pandemic to run its course.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rickudon said:

The rapid rise in cases in Korea, Italy and Iran suggests that the cat is now out of the chinese bag. Of these Iran is actually the most worrying, with one third of all the deaths outside of China. This is probably because Iranian health services are pretty much run down after years of sanctions and they have little knowledge of how it has spread so fast there, and said to now be in most Iranian cities. Has already spread to Lebanon, probably in Iraq and Syria soon .......

I very much doubt this will end soon. Either the world goes into total quarantine (and start a recession which would make all others look like a statistical blip) or allow the pandemic to run its course.

It could also mean they are reporting real numbers.