Where can I find Colman's Horseradish Sauce, or any Horseradish sauce?

LomSak27

'Colman's Horseradish Sauce is a hot condiment that'll add big fiery flavour to your favourite dishes. Colman's Horseradish Sauce is the perfect accompaniment to your Roast Beef and adds a uniquely hot zing to salad dressing and hummus recipes' - Wow

I used to buy it at Rmping by the Ping River but I think I bought the last jar a couple months back. When I check at Tops or Makro, nothing. Any place I can buy this or any horseradish sauce (Beaver valley, etc) but not talking about wasabi. OTOH I guess I could cut the Wasabi with Mayo and go from there as a last resort.

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks

56 minutes ago, johng said:

I found that Wasabi goes well with beef and is quite a good Horseradish sauce substitute but is much more powerful so only use a tiny bit.  They sell it in 7/11

I would mix with mayo to dilute it a bit. I can always find wasabi it seems. Regular western style horseradish seems to be getting harder to locate. Or at least at the stores I usually shop at! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

I even recall seeing the 'Waitrose' brand, long time back. SO where can I buy it at? As in Chiang Mai. 

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=iTV4trM%2f&id=6F5DC3B07B7AD3167873BB998599EEB8DA4AD972&thid=OIP.iTV4trM_jzUQ89Yvm-VSzwAAAA&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fi5.walmartimages.com%2fasr%2f93d16323-38cc-4749-b425-b5e173d7ed80_1.cef41b3c8b13c383fde52efb885083ba.jpeg%3fodnHeight%3d450%26odnWidth%3d450%26odnBg%3dffffff&exph=450&expw=450&q=beaver+brand+horseradish&simid=607992868397124573&selectedIndex=16

Now if you can find this, its the bomb!

2 hours ago, LomSak27 said:

What Rimping Market?

There are several Rimping Supermarkets in Chiang Mai - basement in MAYA CENTRE out near the Zoo, opposite Central Airport Plaza (other side of road flyover), San Sai Shopping Complex and Hang Dong Shopping Complex in the suburbs.

4 hours ago, johng said:

I found that Wasabi goes well with beef and is quite a good Horseradish sauce substitute but is much more powerful so only use a tiny bit.  They sell it in 7/11

I would bet what you are finding in 7/11 is not wasabi but some kind of Thai horse rashish. Wasabi is simply to expensive for the average Thai. 

"Because of its rarity and expense, nearly all the wasabi we eat is powdered, much of it made from a white horseradish mixed with ground mustard seeds that is dyed green. In short it's not wasabi at all, but an imitation. True wasabi root often is powdered in Japan and reconstituted as a paste."

I was just at Tops (Central Festival Mall) yesterday and I purchased a jar of, "Colman's Horseradish Sauce" as I needed for something I was cooking. They still had 3 more jars. It was located in the spice section, on the very bottom shelf. It was hard to see. As the week before, when I seen it, it was located on the bottom shelf where the BarBQ sauces are. I don't know why they keep moving things around?

• Like 1