Blue Passports for the UK next month

18 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Yup blue/black passports.

The ONLY tangible benefit of Brexit so far.

Just ignore the fact that the UK could have made the passport any colour it wanted prior to Brexit.

Still it gives the Brexiteers something to be proud of. Just the same as Big Ben being played on a tape recorder.

Bless. 

I love reading and listening to the losers ,so funny and sad .I bet your dad was "bigger" than my dad .lol

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, sanemax said:

... were made to used red passports and then when we went abroad, everyone thought that we were foreigners and not British because we didint have proper British blue passports  

Made to use red passports by the British government of Margaret Thatcher. I preferred the old ones but there are much better arguments for benefits of leaving the EU than passport colour. The British government could have changed them to blue at any time anyway.

Edited by KhaoNiaw
10 minutes ago, KhaoNiaw said:

I preferred the old ones

Not a chance. You might have preferred the colour, or the lack of the reference to the European Union, but no frequent traveller liked that awful cardboard monstrosity that wouldn't fit in your pocket.

And it was black, I have a couple of the damn things gathering dust.

As for the reversion back from burgundy to black, who really gives a toss, the only benefit is the new black jumbo will have 54 pages rather than the current 48.

Edited by Stocky
5 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

... indeed, keeps gettin' better, 555 ...

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1245892/brexit-news-blue-passport-poland-theresa-may-boris-johnson-priti-patel-spt

"UK's blue passports made in Poland by Franko-Dutch company ..." 

Classic!

But now we're out of the EU it's pretty safe to assume a British company will get the next contract: 

"The UK company De La Rue that previously made the British passports lost out after Gemalto apparently undercut them by £50million.

EU procurement rules, which the UK had to obey until Brexit was done, prevented ministers from discriminating against European firms bidding for public contracts.

The decision was therefore a result of a blind tender meaning that ministers were not allowed to know which firm had submitted which bid."

7 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

whats to refute? it was just the usual rant about us Brexit winners from a remainer loser .so just stop throwing your toys out of the pram,you wont have any left to play with .

Go on then.

List all the benefits that Brexit has brought us.

• Sad 2
35 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Go on then.

List all the benefits that Brexit has brought us.

You are making yourself look a tad foolish keep going on about Brexit....

"List of benefits", do you not realise that negotiations with the EU and countries all over the world have not yet been finalised, so I suggest you sit back and relax until the day they are. ????

PS. This is a passport thread...

• Like 2
2 hours ago, transam said:

You are making yourself look a tad foolish keep going on about Brexit....

"List of benefits", do you not realise that negotiations with the EU and countries all over the world have not yet been finalised, so I suggest you sit back and relax until the day they are. ????

PS. This is a passport thread...

So as I stated earlier. Blue/black passports is the only tangible benefit from Brexit.

Even though we could have had blue/black passports without Brexit. 

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

Listening to you lot whine and moan is the best one ,gives us all a good laugh,just stop ,its over ,????

ps.seem's your dad wasn't bigger than mine after all

You want to stop talking about Brexit because now the real work begins. Delivering all the unicorns and sunny uplands you promised everyone would get.

Hey you guys won.

Get over it.

• Sad 2
2 minutes ago, vogie said:

You may be correct about the colour of the PP, but what you need reminding of is, without Brexit it would have been the erosion of democracy in the UK. But the colour does represent freedom, democracy and total sovereignty for us all.

The irony of it all is that the remainers could have voted for Mrs Mays deal and got some sort of a soft Brexit, but that wasn't good enough, they wanted to reverse the democratic referendum. In other words, 'you snooze, you lose' now the rump parliament has paid the price for their deceitfull decisions. Long live democracy.

So everyone who voted for Brexit wanted a hard Brexit?

Must have done because you all claim that you knew what you were voting for.

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

So everyone who voted for Brexit wanted a hard Brexit?

Must have done because you all claim that you knew what you were voting for.

The point is you didn't want any Brexit, for this you will get what your given, the remainers had a chance to compromise but it was all about reversing Brexit, what ever we end up with now, you helped to orchestrate it, so give yourselves a big pat on the back. You are the ones that helped us achieve an hard Brexit and I'm sure that Brexiteers will forever be eternally gratefull to the remainers for this, we couldn't have done it without you.

You are also the one that keeps bringing "slogans" up, yet you cannot stop the oft repeated "So everyone who voted for Brexit wanted a hard Brexit?" It is a nonsense statement and this time won't get you 'out of jail free' 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
23 hours ago, KhaoNiaw said:

Still got my old one. It's black and looks great.

The UK chose to go to the burgundy passports under Thatcher I believe. There are other countries still in the EU that have blue passports. It would have been a much greater statement about taking back control to do something completely different like going back to a black passport. 

Diplomatic passports are black (globally), the old UK passports were blue.

• Like 2