Blue Passports for the UK next month

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

No, it's really not. You keep on repeating this mantra, that Brexiteers are regretting leaving the EU, or that we now realise it's going to be a disaster. Where is your evidence of this? 

Most remainers on here are convinced (hoping) Brexit will be a disaster. But where do you get the idea that Brexiteers feel this way? It sounds like you're out of touch Rookie. 

Strikes me that a lot of Brexiteers who bought into the slogans and false bravado will be wondering how it is that they voted for hard Brexit when the leave campaign was promising a soft Brexit.

Or at least they should be.

12 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes just like when I mentioned you not accepting Mrs Mays soft Brexit. All you are doing is trolling, bye.

What remainers are to blame because we didnt want any form of Brexit?

How was Mays deal a compromise when it still involved leaving the EU?

Thats tortured logic right there.

All water under the bridge though so lets just get on with it.

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

What remainers are to blame because we didnt want any form of Brexit?

How was Mays deal a compromise when it still involved leaving the EU?

Thats tortured logic right there.

All water under the bridge though so lets just get on with it.

"We didn't want any form of Brexit" arrogance personified, well I sorry to remind you that most of the UK did and Brexit is not just about you.

The die has been cast, buckle up and enjoy the ride, we are not going to change it just for you.

Just now, vogie said:

"We didn't want any form of Brexit" arrogance personified, well I sorry to remind you that most of the UK did and Brexit is not just about you.

The die has been cast, buckle up and enjoy the ride, we are not going to change it just for you.

Not asking you to.

You have all doubled down on Brexit by voting for Johnson so lets get on with it.

Has anyone seen him by the way? Seems to be missing. Along with the Russia report thats been sitting on his desk for 6 months.

I do wonder why that is.

43 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Not asking you to.

You have all doubled down on Brexit by voting for Johnson so lets get on with it.

Has anyone seen him by the way? Seems to be missing. Along with the Russia report thats been sitting on his desk for 6 months.

I do wonder why that is. 

It appears that we are getting on with Brexit and so much more. It's quite sweet you are asking the whereabouts of Boris, are you missing him. ????

Brexit done, Scots remain in the UK, full house where I come from.????

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, vogie said:

It's quite sweet you are asking the whereabouts of Boris, are you missing him.

No, but thhe people that have had their homes flooded out are. Strange that during the election he was straight in there, even doing some bailing out. This time not a sign of him. Probably the most disingenuous person ever to have led the country.

• Like 1
Just now, DannyCarlton said:

No, but thhe people that have had their homes flooded out are. Strange that during the election he was straight in there, even doing some bailing out. This time not a sign of him. Probably the most disingenuous person ever to have led the country.

You would say that wouldn't you, if he turns up he would be accused of a photo opportune, if not it is a dereliction of duty. He cannot win what he does, but it gives the all mighty left a chance to have a go at him.

"As for the most disingenuous to lead the country" the country has shown they have faith in him, and that does really bug the leftys. "You aint seen nothing yet"

• Like 2
Just now, OJAS said:

The colour of our new passports may well be changing, but odds are that the bloody convoluted process we need to go through to apply for 'em from Thailand won't be changing any time soon!

Its so easy to get a new UK passport in Thailand , just need to fill out a form , give two PP photos and pay the money  

What is difficult about that ? 

On 2/23/2020 at 6:21 AM, Daffy D said:

The original stiff passports were a very dark blue which might perhaps be remembered as black now

Actually, Britain was completely allowed to persist in having the very dark blue passports under EU regulations, but it OPTED for the Burgundy - joining the community, it was a lot cheaper  and all that. So it was Britain's own choice to go with the colour Burgundy.

Now they have the original colour restored, but the passport is printed in Poland, and was designed in the Netherlands. 

Pommies 0, EU 1.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Bullie said:

Actually, Britain was completely allowed to persist in having the very dark blue passports under EU regulations, but it OPTED for the Burgundy - joining the community, it was a lot cheaper  and all that. So it was Britain's own choice to go with the colour Burgundy.

Now they have the original colour restored, but the passport is printed in Poland, and was designed in the Netherlands. 

Pommies 0, EU 1.

That's fine, they will need some trade off us now they are not getting our billions, happy to help out

• Like 1
On 2/23/2020 at 11:59 AM, Crossy said:

Of the 195 countries recognised by the UN, 81 of them have blue passports, I'll stick with my burgundy one until it expires.

https://www.passportindex.org/

thosw 81 blue ones

reflects the aspirations of the UK empire builders - who now think they have fresh wind in their sails

and can rule ripples

On 2/23/2020 at 1:09 PM, soalbundy said:

I always considered them to be black, when I get one I will put a burgundy cover over it so I don't stand in line like an outcast.

See how far that gets you at any border control in the world.

With an attitude like that - you may very well become an outcast'

• Like 1
8 hours ago, vogie said:

It appears that we are getting on with Brexit and so much more. It's quite sweet you are asking the whereabouts of Boris, are you missing him. ????

Brexit done, Scots remain in the UK, full house where I come from.????

Why do you want Scotland to remain in the UK?

On 2/23/2020 at 5:04 PM, sanemax said:

We used to have Blue passports and then we joined the E.U and were made to used red passports and then when we went abroad, everyone thought that we were foreigners and not British because we didint have proper British blue passports  

No one would ever confuse a Brit traveling overseas with a filthy 'foreigner'.

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Strikes me that only you (and some other hard remainers) are actually bothered about this. Most people have moved on now. 

We have moved on.

We are now at the point where we are waiting for the Brexiteers to deliver on the promises they made.

14 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Here we go again.............????...................I reckon you have a serious problem....

Why don't you go and start another Brexit thread, so we can leave you on your own....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
15 minutes ago, vogie said:

The same reason most Scots voted to remain within our union, they are unionists.

Why does the xenophobic SNP wish to split the union up?

So what was the main reason that Scotland voted to remain in the UK?

Any evidence of xenophobia in the SNP?

• Confused 2
2 minutes ago, transam said:

Here we go again.............????...................I reckon you have a serious problem....

Why don't you go and start another Brexit thread, so we can leave you on your own....

Have a go at the messenger not the message.

Another quality post.

• Like 1