Thai mother reverses over and kills her one year old son

rooster59

Thai mother reverses over and kills her one year old son

Capture.JPG

Image: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a mother in Trang in the south of Thailand reversed her pick-up over her son and killed him.

"A" was just one year and six months old.

The mother said that she was reversing out of a carport on her way to buy some groceries. She heard a thud and got out of her vehicle.

She fell to her knees when she realised what she had done.

She said that her boy - her first child - had been watching TV inside the house with his dad. She never imagined he would run out of the house.

Relatives said he was a gorgeous child - just learning to speak with his life ahead of him.

Pol Capt Decha Jingjit of the Huay Yot police is investigating after the tragic incident in Wanseeree sub-district.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-22
  • Sad 3

I would blame the father more than anyone what was he doing in the house that he could'nt keep an eye all the time on an 18 month old baby, even by simply closing the doors would have saved this tragic accident, RIP to the little one, and deep sorrow for the mother who must be devastated to have this happen to her while driving!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My friend ran his child over in Australia. People who are handing out the blame to the parents probably have never had kids themselves. Things can and do happen. Another friends child drowned.

These people have enough to deal with without the holier than though anonymous posters handing out criticism.

One little known fact of these incidents is that the child usually gets crushed twice. People feel the first impact, panic and then drive forwards again.

Edited by emptypockets
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2020 at 7:26 AM, emptypockets said:

My friend ran his child over in Australia. People who are handing out the blame to the parents probably have never had kids themselves. Things can and do happen. Another friends child drowned.

These people have enough to deal with without the holier than though anonymous posters handing out criticism.

One little known fact of these incidents is that the child usually gets crushed twice. People feel the first impact, panic and then drive forwards again.

That depends on perspective - those making judgement are not being holier than thou, they are identifying a fundamental failure in parenting and a catastrophic and tragic blunder. 

A young child should never have the opportunity to exit the house or access water unattended (in any country) for the very same reason you use, things can and do happen. Those making criticism are well aware of this and while everyone can make a mistake this sad event is well beyond that. 

It is because I have a child I can point the finger of blame and place responsibility solely with the parents who did not take the most basic of precautions, in all but the most extenuating circumstances the same finger of blame and responsibility can be placed with your friend who ran over his child in Australia. Because it has happened elsewhere in a Western Country does not lessen the blame and responsibility of parents anywhere else. 

This is tragic and I feel terribly for the parents, however, excusing such a lack of responsibility simply enables carelessness. 

• Like 1

My 12 year old Fortuner has only reverse sensors. My 2 months old Revo has only reverse camera.

Reverse camera only works if you are looking, but you cant look at all directions at the same time. It is better to have both. I am going to the shop to ask about installing rear sensors on my Revo.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:26 AM, emptypockets said:

You are absolutely correct. Small children move like ping-pong balls. You turn your head and they are gone. A parent does his or her best, sometimes even that is not enough.