Rotten Potatoes

I've had spuds in the past that look perfect on the outside, passing inspection by Madam before getting baked.

Upon opening they're nasty and rotted.

I've never had "all" the spuds in a batch like that, but if that's really what you found take them back.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Crossy said:

I've had spuds in the past that look perfect on the outside, passing inspection by Madam before getting baked.

I've never had "all" the spuds in a batch like that, but if that's really what you found take them back.

Yes i did think o that , but it was'nt convenient at the time. However on my next visit i did look and even tried to explain to someone by showing spuds with rot, but they could not understand me , or did'nt want to .

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:
52 minutes ago, JWRC said:

If you didn't see any rot when you bought them, how would the shop know if it's not obvious. We buy potatoes whole, not dissected.

Of course they know as there are several with rot showing 

Don't buy them, then.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Huckenfell said:

However on my next visit i did look and even tried to explain to someone by showing spuds with rot, but they could not understand me , or did'nt want to .

What are the chances that the person who you spoke to was in a position to decide what they sell or offer you an explanation?

• Sad 1

First try - take it back to the store for a refund, which of course they may refuse ?

Second try - post the rotten potatoes on Social Media, they may react after the public shame ?

Third try - if it happens to often, buy it from a street seller if possible, always fresh most of the time, and don't forget to bargain hard.

I've had some which were rotten in the middle from a big shop in Ubon starting with M. Never had bad ones from market or Lotus.

Thais seem to rarely buy potatoes, which is probably why they just sit there and go bad.

Edited by SteveK

12 minutes ago, SteveK said:

Thais seem to rarely buy potatoes, which is probably why they just sit there and go bad.

Not Makro at Samui, it's mainly supplies for hotels and restaurants, and has a huge turnover in farang-food...????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Due to some offensive replies i will now delete all posts to me on this matter. Can admin please close this subject.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, khunPer said:

I wouldn't do that, Thai defamation low might hit hard back...:whistling:

no need to worry about the photos, as OP has provided the Macro location already 

Insert generic dud spud pic here [*****]