Why are modern movies so bad?

BritManToo

2 minutes ago, SteveK said:

In the UK now, for a family of 4 to go and see a film, the cost of tickets alone is £40-50. Parking is £4+, and food and drinks in the cinema are ludicrously priced. If you take you family to watch a film then have a Nandos afterwards it's going to be over £100.

what are you doing back there?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SteveK said:

In the UK now, for a family of 4 to go and see a film, the cost of tickets alone is £40-50. Parking is £4+, and food and drinks in the cinema are ludicrously priced. If you take you family to watch a film then have a Nandos afterwards it's going to be over £100.

Still relatively cheap though, the Thais pay half a day wage if they are not going on discount Wednesday. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

I think the production costs are so high now, the backers want a guaranteed return, so sequels, remakes and movies based on books or computer games so they have ready made fan base.

But Green Book managed to sneak through - and that was excellent.  Just hope they don't make Green Book 2 ..... or a prequel.

And why are the production costs to high? A big part are for sure all those special effects, CGI, and and and.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

As huge fan of the TV show, I certainly thought the extension of Breaking Bad El Camino was good. 

And, just read another BB related movie is shooting soon.

I guess the movies can be synonymous to bargirls demise.  Difficult to find young, sexy with giving attitudes.

Things just change I guess.

Do u need to sexualize everything?

• Like 1

Why are modern movies so bad?

Movies are made for the demographic that goes to the movies, The younger crowd, so they are made to reflect their preferences. Also after 100 years or so of making movies it becomes difficult to come up with new ideas. 

So Movies did not become bad, technically they are as good and better  as they have ever being, 

You my friend have simply become  older, very few movies are made for you. 

• Like 1

One of my good friends has recently retired from the industry. He worked since the mid-seventies as an AD. 

I asked him why the soundtracks will go from hardly audible chatting, to music blaring, so loud that one often needs to turn it down. He answered that the latest generation of movie goers lack any sort of attention span. They have to blast out sound to sdraw them back into the movie. 

Much of modern cinema technique is based on an audience without a lot of depth.

Edited by Curt1591
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The last "new" movie I enjoyed was probably the departed. 

Early 2000s had some good ones though. Departed, gangs of new York, training day, blood diamond, Ali, there will be blood, matchstick men, 

I enjoyed all these movies quite a bit but I definitely think we are in a low patch for movies, music and video games sadly. There's no creativity anymore. 

57 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Movies are made for the demographic that goes to the movies, The younger crowd, so they are made to reflect their preferences. Also after 100 years or so of making movies it becomes difficult to come up with new ideas. 

So Movies did not become bad, technically they are as good and better  as they have ever being, 

You my friend have simply become  older, very few movies are made for you. 

Yes they did. They are bad. Too much special effects, no character development, too pc and no soul.

Older movies had soul. New ones are like pop music, just trashy formulated stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1