Forced to put 400,000 into Thai bank acct. for Marriage Visa

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That does not sound correct. If you receive a Non-Imm-O in country at Buriram, I would expect it to be stamped as 'Used' already and at the same time receive a 90 day permit to stay. There should not be a need to do a border run. 

A one year extension, based on marriage, could be done in the last month of this 90 days. 

Yeah... I am fairly confused at this point. But I do feel it is getting or will get done. The IO processed all my paperwork for a full one year marriage extension. But told me he did not think that my non-immigrant O 90 day would be processed/granted until after my departure date of March 3rd. He said that processing had to be sent somewhere, presumably some admin site, and would take some time. So he stamped my passport with a 30 day extension, added in a re-entry stamp, he even filled in my new TM6 arrival card for me when I return on March 31. He said when I get back, the non O 90 day will be ready to be placed into my passport. After that, I would need to leave the Kingdom again, to then finalize the one year application. I paid a total of 8000.00 for which I have receipts showing 4900.00. I cannot account for an additional 3100.00 baht paid. 

56 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

So just so I understand you correctly... it is your belief that when I get back March 31 and go back to the IO the first week of April, he can stamp my 90 day at that time, I won't need to leave the Kingdom again? They can then convert to the full one year marriage extension without leaving again? Because I asked this specific question and he seemed to confirm that I would need to leave again.

No need to leave the country. Probably a misunderstanding for what the officer said.

The visa immigration issues is only valid for the day it is stamped in your passport and they do a new 90 day stamp. Normally the 90 days starts from the day you applied for the non immigrant visa.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No need to leave the country. Probably a misunderstanding for what the officer said.

The visa immigration issues is only valid for the day it is stamped in your passport and they do a new 90 day stamp. Normally the 90 days starts from the day you applied for the non immigrant visa.

I should have probably posted this earlier, This is what the IO put in my passport in addition to a 30 day extension until April 9 and the previous photo I sent showing the re-entry permit. You can see he originally had me coming in before March 7, the March 7th date is lined out. then extended that to April 6th.IMG_20200227_112718.thumb.jpg.f97abd6b4ffdcc930fcc070c85580788.jpg

Edited by Tounge Thaied

On 2/23/2020 at 11:31 PM, Percy P said:

I'm a single person over 50yo.I obtain a none 0 ME visa from Penang Consulate. Put in one day collect next day.

Hi Percy P,

Are you referring to the 1-year MultiEntry Non Imm O - RETIREMENT Visa?

If so, can you please provide some details and the requirements/conditions when applying for that specific Visa.

Thanks in advance!