BANGKOK

Has anyone successfully logged in on the internet to their Nationwide UK account having a security code sent to their Thailand mobile number. I am currently using a card reader but want to know if the alternative works.

Last time I asked they said they didn't support non-UK numbers.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Also during my conversations with them this is not very likely to change.

O/P always have a spare card reader available and I strongly recommend their mobile app. This is IMO the best way to conduct on line banking with NBS. Easy to use and very secure.

• Like 2

Yes you need a UK number.  I have one phone with  Thai  SIM and one with UK SIM  

Using Nationwide  App with code is easy but you will need 2 phones

1 minute ago, karibu said:

Yes you need a UK number.  I have one phone with  Thai  SIM and one with UK SIM  

Using Nationwide  App with code is easy but you will need 2 phones

Why do you need 2 phones when using the mobile app?

Good question

That all depends  if you are permanent resident and what you use your mobile for.

If you have Wi-Fi in your home then you can manage with one phone.

You need Wi-Fi to use the app and your phone needs to have a UK SIM to receive message from the bank. 

And as long as your happy been restricted to using your mobile

At home or  possibly incurring expensive roaming charges. It's OK. 

Some people don't have Wi-Fi at home so use a monthly packgage

You can't get a Thai package on a UK  number. So it all depends on you intervidual needs.

I have many Thai friends if I leave the Wi-Fi area and my friends ring me or panda,Tops, Uber, driver etc call me on a UK number it would be very expensive   for both party's 

So thats why  I Have 2 mobiles

As said above if you happy with the restrictions then one UK mobile will work for banking.

If I cannot use a Thai mobile number why have they allowed me to set one up via my laptop on my Account Details. A number starting 0066

It works on my Thai phone. You have to login to Nationwide and add your international Thai number there. Banks are tightening security due to hackers. Sending a pin number to confirm it really is you is one of their new ideas.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

It works on my Thai phone. You have to login to Nationwide and add your international Thai number there. Banks are tightening security due to hackers. Sending a pin number to confirm it really is you is one of their new ideas.

Others who have posted have said you must use a UK mobile number. Am I right in saying that you use a Thai number. Who is right.

Great news If nationwide have accepted  you Thai number why don't you just download the app and start using it easy peassy

8 hours ago, lelapin said:

If I cannot use a Thai mobile number why have they allowed me to set one up via my laptop on my Account Details. A number starting 0066

Does it actually work to log on to your account?

I tried 0066.... in the past and it accepted it, but then it changed all by itself to something incomprehensible.

52 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Does it actually work to log on to your account?

I tried 0066.... in the past and it accepted it, but then it changed all by itself to something incomprehensible.

The same with me. Changed automatically to 6666 so I sent them a message and they changed it to 0066 for me. I haven't tried logging in with it yet in case I have a problem with it and they block my account. I have used my card reader. This is why I have made this post to see if anyone had been successful logging in using a 0066 number.

Edited by lelapin

10 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Are you quite sure about that? NBS have made it very clear that they can only send OTPs to a UK registered mobile number.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Crossy said:

I was told same.......card reader only from abroad