Visa Elite best option ? (vs retirement or marriage)

9 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

You get hassle free living in, or traveling to, Thailand. 

That's the main point imo.

I am a traveller, but find Thailand the best place, and want to be able to live in maybe 6-8 months a year, variable, free (no planning).

And the Elite visa is not necesarely more costly in fact.

Could some "Elite members" confirm there is absolutely no known problem with this Visa ? 

3 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Elite Visa is just an expensive version of the visa agent. Is it worth it depends how much money you want to throw away to known as an elite!? I will always go the Non Imm O route myself for 1900THB/yr.

And what to do for those unmarried and younger than 50 years old?

The EliteVisa becomes a very viable option and once the costs vs benefits are calculated one which is not actually that costly. 

20 year membership is 1MB: that’s 137 baht per day

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

What type of problems do you mean / or think may exist?

Elite Visa is pretty much 100% hassle free.

A tourist visa for example if very official hmm... But people can get deported at airport ?! 

Not the way i like to travel ????

So i try to check if this can never happen with the Elite visa.

That would be the main benefit imo (airport relax everytime like in the old times), but the other are good too (no paperwork and stress/necessity to get approval somewhere every few months).

And the costs are to think about. If you need to keep 400-800K in bank, that's a cost anyway. And health assurance. And a lease. And maybe a agent or whatever (never done). 

All that with no garantee you will get your visa, and the extensions. Hmm ????

12 minutes ago, spinner2020 said:

[To those commenting on having to have large amounts in bank for a marriage visa, that's only if you go the extension route.]

If I had half a million baht to throw around, I am sure I could find a better cause than TAT.

Come to think of it, if I had that money to spare, I could find better countries to spend it in.

That's only your personal opionion, for many people 1 mio THB isn't much to worry about. 

You can say the same about retirement extensions, if u had 800 000 THB to lockup u could go somewhere else...

What's the better cause? Buying a car? Which countries are better and don't want you to lockup money for a longterm visa? 

It's the price of a Honda Civic 1.8 EL, not a big deal in the grand sheme of things....

• Like 2

Well... 5 years 500K It's 100K a year, 8.000 a month... I am not rich but i can afford that.

Or less if 20 years visa.

Or that's the price of a good car, dead money too including maybe you ????

Marriage well it cost in itself if i may say so ????. I don't know for the changes or not.

But retirement : problems with pensions, or a not cheap semi-permanent deposit in bank... And lease. And health assurance. And what next ?

Student : are checked.

Exemption or tourist : problem if often, and schedules to make.

IMO Thailand does not want Cheap Charlies anymore, sorry guys ????

Just kidding... Somehow...

• Like 1

Well i will certainly not argue here. Or ?... Nop. Well...

If everything is fine and easy FOR YOU (you read the reports here yes ?) hmmm... Good for you.

What can i say ? Did i read any point here ? I mean except assurance is good when you get ill, or most retiree buy a house ????

And nop you will not spend the money for something else, since it's STUCK IN BANK AS LONG AS YOU NEED EXTENSION.

Do-you-follow !? ????

Edited by Sambotte
Irony
  • Sad 1

The issues are actually complex for someone like me (70, healthy, planning to be here till the end, OA retirement visa originally, now on annual extension with monthly 65K+ income stream, no health insurance but do have Thai accident insurance, not poor but not wealthy).

It's the health insurance threat that is potentially the killer (though I recognize that I should have some). Renewal coming up in October. At this stage I'm thinking of trying out the approved Thai health insurance for 1 year, or even 2 to see if it works for me. Alternative is elite 5 years. (20-year elite strikes me as silly unless you're filthy rich - too many risks associated with old age & living in Thailand!)

• Thanks 1