Phuket calls for prompt government support over COVID-19 fallout

rooster59

By The Phuket News

1582347190_1-org.jpg

Attendees of the meeting where Phuket Chamber of Commerce President Thanusak Phungdet detailed the real problems facing Phuket as a result of the COVID-19 coronavirus. Photo: Phuket Chamber of Commerce

PHUKET: The Phuket Chamber of Commerce has appealed to the government in Bangkok for prompt and decisive action as it fears the devastating impact the China coronavirus COVID-19 is having on the island could decimate tourist numbers.

“I explained to the Tourism Committee President Surasak Phanchalernworakul about the situation and how coronavirus is affecting tourism and business in Phuket,” Phuket Chamber of Commerce President Thanusak Phungdet confirmed to The Phuket News yesterday (Feb 21).

“I requested them to share this information with the Prime Minister and other relevant officers in Parliament. The situation is much worse than the government knows,” he added.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-calls-for-prompt-government-support-over-covid-19-fallout-74951.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-02-23

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Isn't it great ,As soon as something goes wrong they Beg the Government to bail them out of trouble . For f sake a business is a business not a go fund me from the government Get yer <deleted> together and Make the business work. 

• Like 2