site flickers

thaibeachlovers

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I had that problem a few years ago until I increased the memory on my PC. Only had 2 GB and upped it to 4 GB. 

Now have one with 8 GB and the forum loads real fast.

I bought a "new" computer ( reconditioned second hand one ) after TVF ceased working on my tablet. It is used only for internet- mainly TVF, and it worked fine till the site went down a few days ago. Since then the flickering started. At the moment pages load quite fast, but flickering still happening. EXTREMELY annoying.

On 2/23/2020 at 8:50 AM, ubonjoe said:

I had that problem a few years ago until I increased the memory on my PC. Only had 2 GB and upped it to 4 GB. 

Now have one with 8 GB and the forum loads real fast.

But upgrading computer to load a simple website just isnt on.

I am personally grateful for the google vignette ads on my tablet, they take so long I just go do something else, its a sign of enough thaivisa for the day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I brought up the same problem almost 2 weeks ago and still have it, I use Firefox and the tab doesn't stop indicating ""transferring data from forum.thaivisa.com"" now it's a little less but still does that annoying flickering

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

ok so its jumping up and down, not flickering. That helps thanks. Ill speak to Invision and also the Ad partner.

TD

And the page doesn't fully load and "Transferring data from forum.thaivisa.com" is always showing in bottom LH corner of screen. You've known about this for some time now, at least a week.

I don't see any ads due to a previous problem with the "VDO" ad which, to my knowledge didn't get resolved.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Tech Doctor said:

Define flickering, do you mean when an advert shows and disappears?

TD

Nothing to do with ads. It's like a refresh problem, as I already said. Sometimes the page "jumps", but not usually significantly, but sometimes it does.

At the moment, all ads loaded and the flickering is intense. Happening every few seconds.

Never happened before the big problem on TVF last week.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nothing to do with ads. It's like a refresh problem, as I already said. Sometimes the page "jumps", but not usually significantly, but sometimes it does.

At the moment, all ads loaded and the flickering is intense. Happening every few seconds.

Never happened before the big problem on TVF last week.

Are you also using firefox ?

On 2/24/2020 at 9:41 AM, colinneil said:

You have had no problems, find that difficult to believe.

This morning every few minutes, bad gateway time out... Error 504, bloody annoying.

Slow, time to go and make coffee waiting for pages to load.

Sorry Colin, but I also have NO PROBLEMS at all with this Forum, well not with the actual site!