Hundreds join protest against ban of opposition party in Thailand

rooster59

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

I support all FWP members, and will continue my fight against the power which has eroded our democratic form of government

By continuing to participate in this farcical abhorrence you are supporting it.By withdrawing from this diabolic abhorrence you call a "democratic government" you may still salvage what little dignity you think you might have.You have continued to remain silent during this whole witch hunt which is seen as a loud signal of support for what you still obscenely call a "democratic government".Your measly words of support are less than valueless.  

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

"We are holding the rally against the injustice in the country," student union president Jutatip Sirikhan, 21, told Reuters.

Some attitude adjustment coming for this kid. 

The health ministry warned against public gatherings amid concerns over the coronavirus in Thailand, which has recorded 35 cases.

This agency is a complete joke as the PM and their agency has said it is all under control 100%

"A political gathering is not appropriate at this time and could increase risk of an outbreak," health official Tanarak Pipat said. Some of the protesters wore medical masks.

So if they believe that then why do they still allow the Chinese into this counbtry. Utter Poppycock!

The party's dissolution was "a knockout blow for Thailand's teetering efforts to restore democratic rule after a military dictatorship," Human Rights Watch Asia director Brad Adams said in a statement.

Knock out is an underestimation.

1 hour ago, PJPom said:

Is Thailand ready for democracy, will it ever in the foreseeable future be ready ?

1. No.

2. Unlikely

But they're good at playing. My Junior School was full of people at about this level And they were no older than 11.

• Like 1

US, EU and other major countries have condemned the last coup too. And the coup before.

Did that change anything?

The only outcome is "farang no understand thai culture" and "so what, let's strenghten our ties to our true friend China".

Edited by JustAnotherHun
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Only hundreds,I think if this had of happened in lots of other

countries around the World, protests would have been much

more supported,much more.

regards Worgeordie

It was likely thousands but we can't have this kind of tittle in a democracy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

How true. It seems to me that the verdict to dissolve the party and ban 17 of their senior members from politics for 10 years is quite frightening to many Thais and IMHO and there is little doubt that this verdict is intended to both stop Khun Thanathorn and his colleagues and to frighten the people. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

Well done the US Embassy, but shame on all the other Embassies representing Democratic Countries (in particular the UK) for not showing their displeasure at the disollusion of the Future Forward Party.  They are frightened little mice hiding in their Embassies.  PS, I am British and not very proud to be so.

Aren't they in bed now,I mean asleep?

Edited by FarFlungFalang

44 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

a rebuke that former judges said served to underscore the importance of an independent judiciary in a distrustful era.

if you mean that there is no work to be done in that area, all is hunky dory then, ainit.

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

regards Worgeordie

Quite, it needs mass demonstrations.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mickymouse1 said:

I do not know why the USA poking their already soiled nose in other countries politics and internal affairs,the same goes to the E.U.

Sort out your own domestic problems before telling others what to do.

Let the Thai sort their own issues and stop meddling. 

To those who do not like it move else where. 

The unbelievable gall of other nations pointing their fingers when they are guilty of so many injustices perpetrated across the world for centuries, ironic that usually the biggest finger pointers are usually the biggest hypocrites. This clown wanted to replace the monarchy with himself, lol..

• Sad 3

Trying to stop protests by saying it's dangerous because of the corona virus is hillarious , they also know if they would have put members of the FFP in jail for being against prayut , the protests would have gotten violent . This is the start of many more protests to come , i think they shot themselfs in the foot this time . 

• Like 2