US embassy, Amnesty International oppose dissolution of Future Forward party

rooster59

31 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I think that's less likely. I'd have thought a spontaneous protest would have shown genuine feelings.

Sure, there might well be protests organised, but I feel the government will do their best to ignore it.

'Get ugly fast' - it's now been a couple of days already.

We'll see. I hope something does happen, but I'm not holding out much hope.

There have been plenty of foreign governments giving their opinion on dissolving the FFP.

Unless there are economic sanctions involved, no one in the Thai puppet government will give a sh!t.

Seems they not ignoring it, according to another OP, health ministry said it was a no no due to corona.

i do not see it’s just dying off, US has spoken , EU has spoken already ,if anything Gaining momentum.

sanctions are also a possibility but depends on response from the big heads and considering their lack Of intelligence , it’s fairly possible 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

There are universal rights and wrongs. 

Yes, but who decides what they are?

This is all much ado about nothing IF the embassy acted in accordance with the direction of the State Department in this statement. We point out out X, they point out Y and thens its business as usual. There will be no sanctions or consequences from the USA. And they Thais will still know where, in the end, their bread is buttered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Saying, “it’s my culture” isn’t an excuse for being a ****. 

There are universal rights and wrongs. 

More like a moral obligation to the people of Thailand, unfortunately morals and ex Junta are incomapable. 

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thailand’s former National Intelligence Agency deputy director Nanthiwat Samart has accused the US embassy in Bangkok of interfering in Thailand’s domestic affairs over the Constitutional Court’s decision on Friday to dissolve the Future Forward party and to ban its executive committee from politics for ten years.

Yes, It´s easy to understand why they interfere. Somebody has to tell them they don´t have their head properly screwed to their necks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lujanit said:

Do you think that Prayut, Prawit, Anutin (ai farang) or any other Thai politician in this illegal ‘government’ give a toss about what any country thinks.  No way do they care.

well, it did pinch a raw nerve or two 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tifino said:
15 minutes ago, bluesofa said:
20 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Unless the USA intervenes directly and this economically;
it is them, the USA , which prevented the geographical division of Thailand that China and the UK had secretly signed in the event of defeat of the evil coallition

Can you give us more details about this?

back in 1945/6?

Yes, I assumed it was then.

So far I can't find any information about the UK and China signing anything about Thailand.

12 minutes ago, tifino said:

well, it did pinch a raw nerve or two 

No. It's politic to pretend they care, but they don't. There's only 1 opinion they care about and it doesn't come from a foreigner. Not the USA anyway. China perhaps.

• Sad 1