US embassy, Amnesty International oppose dissolution of Future Forward party

rooster59

9 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

It's a long story  

You have to go to Google and search for as much information as possible about Seri-Thai, the resistance against the Thai government during the war and its allies in Japan.
Seri-Thai was created in the USA by the ambassador of Thailand who, de facto, found himself excluded, excommunicated.
I have been interested in SE Asia for over forty years;
I started with Vietnam at the beginning of the 80s for a very simple reason, I lived in Paris with a Vietnamese woman from Hanoi who had fled her country in 1974.
and then I got interested in Laos, Cambodia which were, with South Vietnam of the French "possessions";
all this led me to be interested in Thailand and Burma.

When we start geo-political research, we dig, we dig even more and we sometimes make amazing discoveries

OK. I knew about "the resistance against the Thai government during the war and its allies in Japan.
Seri-Thai was created in the USA by the ambassador of Thailand" (who refused to declare war on the US as instructed by his government).

Still need to find out about the China/UK/Thailand part you referred to. I'll keep looking.

Talk about a tight rope for western foreign policy.  How would you balance China's infiltration, the royal shenanigans and the corrupt (everything/everyone) Thai government infrastructure.  A golf clap to the western accountants/comptrollers that have to lick the brown envelopes, sent to all the soi dogs playing this to its fullest.  Will (former) FFP's continue fighting the good fight....???? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Ex-NIA deputy chief accuses US embassy of interference in Thailand’s internal affairs

Nanthiwat-Samart.png

Thailand’s former National Intelligence Agency deputy director Nanthiwat Samart has accused the US embassy in Bangkok of interfering in Thailand’s domestic affairs over the Constitutional Court’s decision on Friday to dissolve the Future Forward party and to ban its executive committee from politics for ten years.

In an online open letter, addressed to the US embassy, Mr. Nanthiwat said that each country has its own history, culture and tradition which does are not necessarily the same as each other’s.

“Friendly countries can express their fondness, concern and good wishes toward one another, but must respect each other’s differences and laws, which vary from country to country.  The US judicial system is completely different from that in Thailand.  America must not interfere and refrain from criticizing the law and judicial process of Thailand,” said the ex-NIA deputy chief.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-nia-deputy-chief-accuses-us-embassy-of-interference-in-thailands-internal-affairs/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-02-23

He is obviously a devout fan of anutin.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, legend49 said:

Mr. Nanthiwat said that each country has its own history, culture and tradition which does are not necessarily the same as each other’s.

Mr. Nanthiwat has a very selective memory.
Should we remind him of the details of what has happened since 1932?
It is the USA which has kept this country afloat and it is the USA (which I do not particularly hold in my heart) which will make him discover his future which seems to me rather dark.

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Nanthiwat Samart has accused the US embassy in Bangkok of interfering in Thailand’s domestic affairs

it's a sad and poorly chosen comment, very similar to what the Chinese say about the US.... the funny thing being, when sh** hits the fan they come back crying for help, funny mentality also known as  short term memory loss syndrome

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

This is a very serious development. Far more serious then the coup. I worry. Honestly.

Not really.They've done this many times before,109 times.

Since the enactment of Thailand’s first political parties law in 1998, the Constitutional Court has disbanded 110 parties, including FFP on Friday.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Mr. Nanthiwat has a very selective memory.
Should we remind him of the details of what has happened since 1932?
It is the USA which has kept this country afloat and it is the USA (which I do not particularly hold in my heart) which will make him discover his future which seems to me rather dark.

Honestly, there is no support the USA can offer here, beyond a criticism. The power shift here is measured in money, and Thailand seems to be willing to embrace this whole heartedly. The Thai Gov is embracing a Chinese model of government and economics. The USA will focus a future on protecting long term true reliable alliances ie Japan. No money is avail for countries playing a different game. No non nuclear power is safe on this landmass in the coming decades. A growing nondemocratic great power, with a President for life is here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Not really.They've done this many times before,109 times.

Since the enactment of Thailand’s first political parties law in 1998, the Constitutional Court has disbanded 110 parties, including FFP on Friday.

How many like this in relative power?

Edited by WalkingOrders
Clar

4 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

In an online open letter, addressed to the US embassy, Mr. Nanthiwat said that each country has its own history, culture and tradition which does are not necessarily the same as each other’s.

Well he is right it sure does have its own tradition history and culture all right????

He also mentions all have different laws too!! But doesn't mention that they are used arbitarily here and line with the outcome requirements.????????????????

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Yes, but who decides what they are?

This is all much ado about nothing IF the embassy acted in accordance with the direction of the State Department in this statement. We point out out X, they point out Y and thens its business as usual. There will be no sanctions or consequences from the USA. And they Thais will still know where, in the end, their bread is buttered.

Exactly, it's like when it's pointed out that when the U.S. arms the Saudis, the Yemenis are being slaughtered - a few shrugs of the shoulders and then business as usual..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

... to dissolve the Future Forward party, risks disenfranchising more than six million Thai voters...

Be disenchanted all they want. Six or sixty million, the junta is not going to give a damn.

Mr. Nanthiwat said that each country has its own history, culture and tradition which does are not necessarily the same as each other’s.

And right on cue, the 'farang don't know Thai' script is rolled out. Yes, each country has its own history, culture and tradition. It's just that in Thailand, 'democracy' is not a part of the history, culture and tradition.

I am curious, what would have been Thailand's reaction if their Chinese paymasters echoed US' sentiments regarding the dissolution of the FFP.

• Like 1

Ex-NIA deputy chief accuses US embassy of interference in Thailand’s internal affairs

Nanthiwat-Samart.png

Thailand’s former National Intelligence Agency deputy director Nanthiwat Samart has accused the US embassy in Bangkok of interfering in Thailand’s domestic affairs over the Constitutional Court’s decision on Friday to dissolve the Future Forward party and to ban its executive committee from politics for ten years.

“Friendly countries can express their fondness, concern and good wishes toward one another, but must respect each other’s differences and laws, which vary from country to country.  The US judicial system is completely different from that in Thailand.  America must not interfere and refrain from criticizing the law and judicial process of Thailand,” said the ex-NIA deputy chief.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-nia-deputy-chief-accuses-us-embassy-of-interference-in-thailands-internal-affairs/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-02-23

He's right. Don't think the paranoid USA would like it if Putin started commenting on the often bizarre and partisan rulings coming out of US courts.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, exparte said:

The USA Should stop all Aid and Military assistance to the Thai Government. 

Will it make any difference? I believe they receive very little as it is, less than 5 million USD a year?

5 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

What? Does the outside world sees it that way?

This person in the outside world doesn't - the USA looks after the USA and always has done, and it uses military might to undermine democracy not to support it. Innumerable examples and I'm not going to demean anyone by quoting a few. The USA likes right-wing governments, preferably dictatorships, especially those that pretend to be democracies but use their self-generated laws and armed might to enforce their own residence. Check the middle-east, check Central and South America and check SE Asia. Pretending to be something they're not and never have been is a favoured hobby, but thankfully that's coming to an end. Not before time.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CGW said:

Will it make any difference? I believe they receive very little as it is, less than 5 million USD a year?

Prayuth will simply show them his middle finger as he travels to a meeting in China. The economic muscle is declining alongside the military muscle, they haven't won a conflict since WW2 and they didn't win that one except in their own minds.

Nobody cares what they think any more. Rightly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1