US embassy, Amnesty International oppose dissolution of Future Forward party

rooster59

2 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Who cares what all the liberal leftists who have taken over Amnesty International think? Not no long ago they were cheering on madam genocide  a.k.a Aung Suu Kyi. 

Thailand certainly doesn't. 

Reasonably so, Thailand's the best in the world at whatever they do.

Just ask them, they'll tell you... figjam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Yes, It´s easy to understand why they interfere. Somebody has to tell them they don´t have their head properly screwed to their necks.

People will recognise that in general, I'm not a fan of the USA and most things that have flowed from it. However, in this case I think it's a reasonable question to ask whether the thai government could get any worse by listening to the USA. Personally I think not, the Thai 'government' is a hotch-potch of corruption and right-wing policies. In both of these important respects, they are merely following instructions and his Too-ness is working towards what he thinks will be a promotion. In my opinion.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ParkerN said:

Reasonably so, Thailand's the best in the world at whatever they do.

Just ask them, they'll tell you... figjam.

Thailand is a patriotic, and should be admired for that, rather than sneered at. Pride in your country is nothing to be ashamed about, although you don't seem to agree with it.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

I see that you are far from knowing everything; ( like me, even if I know a little more than you do)
if the USA decides to make public some very compromising documents for the one I  cannot name here; it will do more than a huge thunderclap; it’s going to blow up this country.

The 2,000  generals  of this country which are billionairs with dirty money will find themselves on the straw in less time than it took me to write these few lines....

And Thailand as a country would benefit enormously if they did. But they won't.

The USA won't endanger their foothold on the borders of China without several very good reasons. Anyway, increasingly they're discovering they're personae non grata so they won't willingly relinquish their foothold here, no matter what information they have, they will always look after their own interests first, the people of Thailand don't even figure at all. Even Iraq and Duterte are fed up to the back teeth with them. so they won't let Thailand go without a fight.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Explosive allegations from Pannika Chor Wanich from Future Forward. She can't join the censure debate because the Constitutional Court dissolved the party and banned her and other executive members for 10 years. So she is sharing the information now. She says the Thai junta conspired with the government of corrupt Malaysian prime minister Najib Razak to try to cover up the 1MDB scandal. The scandal eventually helped bring down Najib's government.:hit-the-fan:

What a surprise that wouldn't be... halvy halvies or mates rates?

Edited by ParkerN
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, lujanit said:

Do you think that Prayut, Prawit, Anutin (ai farang) or any other Thai politician in this illegal ‘government’ give a toss about what any country thinks.  No way do they care.

They DO give a toss about what China thinks though.

It's China who are pulling all the strings and are allowing all this to go ahead, a regime that is by all in name loyal to China. If at any time China had an issue with the democracy and elections in Thailand, they would have put a stop to it. 

The whole of SE asia have become part of the United States of China

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

It's China who are pulling all the strings and are allowing all this to go ahead, a regime that is by all in name loyal to China. If at any time China had an issue with the democracy and elections in Thailand, they would have put a stop to it. 

Astute observations.

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Ex-NIA deputy chief accuses US embassy of interference in Thailand’s internal affairs

Nanthiwat-Samart.png

Thailand’s former National Intelligence Agency deputy director Nanthiwat Samart has accused the US embassy in Bangkok of interfering in Thailand’s domestic affairs over the Constitutional Court’s decision on Friday to dissolve the Future Forward party and to ban its executive committee from politics for ten years.

In an online open letter, addressed to the US embassy, Mr. Nanthiwat said that each country has its own history, culture and tradition which does are not necessarily the same as each other’s.

“Friendly countries can express their fondness, concern and good wishes toward one another, but must respect each other’s differences and laws, which vary from country to country.  The US judicial system is completely different from that in Thailand.  America must not interfere and refrain from criticizing the law and judicial process of Thailand,” said the ex-NIA deputy chief.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-nia-deputy-chief-accuses-us-embassy-of-interference-in-thailands-internal-affairs/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-02-23

For a moment I thought this was Cambodian or Chinese news.  They are starting to all say the same exact same words

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Redline said:

I’m sure the USA is shaking with such a comment.  And what will Thailand do?  If anything, the USA might push back with some trade measures-the government is trying to shelter itself by having a retiree speak

I doubt it will do anything at all. May be wrong but I believe it's foolhardy to have any residual faith in the USA. Watch this year closely and you'll see the snail pull back into it's shell, and China's star will continue to be in the ascendent, but this time unopposed. The days of anyone taking the USA seriously are likely gone forever now, even Thailand laughs now. Imagine that... Thailand.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

Not yet ;

but that is indeed Xi's goal;

and then the Covid-19 episode if it spreads to the whole world will most certainly do him great harm;

may even push a few dolphins with very long teeth to want to take his place.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BestB said:

Foreigner go away and do not dare to speak but whenever a  disaster strikes, foreigners must help. Got to love the mentality 

Yeah... Aint that sweet and great for us foreigners human being here as we are treated as well as the 6 million Thai general public now being dissed... Thank God and Buddha Thai are equals in the USA and other Western countries the way the real world class ruling people think. My kids are of 2 identities. They can leave this place anytime they want, or bind together with their younger generation and say … H … ELLL NO..  Don't get me wrong, but I cannot say directly why, but my contributions have been enormous to this countries welfare. Huge. 

Edited by holy cow cm

10 hours ago, TKDfella said:

I don't think this guy understands what the statement means so he just gives the '...don't interfere...' garble

He basically copied the "China line" here. Nothing new in his statement. Just a little a** licking to the NDGT (Non Democratic Government of T).

6 hours ago, Redline said:

I’m sure the USA is shaking with such a comment.  And what will Thailand do?  If anything, the USA might push back with some trade measures-the government is trying to shelter itself by having a retiree speak

As i said, the world has changed. The US is no longer the dominant economic power in the region, it's now China.

Those in charge probably doesn't give a <deleted> what the US thinks (other than some personal pride)- as long as China is okay with them, they will remain in power.

If China goes against them, you'll suddenly opposition parties coming to the fore. 

Edited by AndrewMciver
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, lujanit said:

Do you think that Prayut, Prawit, Anutin (ai farang) or any other Thai politician in this illegal ‘government’ give a toss about what any country thinks.  No way do they care.

Unless that country begins with the letter "C"!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AndrewMciver said:

As i said, the world has changed. The US is no longer the dominant economic power in the region, it's now China.

Those in charge probably doesn't give a <deleted> what the US thinks (other than some personal pride)- as long as China is okay with them, they will remain in power.

If China goes against them, you'll suddenly opposition parties coming to the fore. 

The US was never the dominant economic power in the region, considering it isn't located in Asia. I think that China's economic power is vastly overrated. In any case, Thailand is following China's footstep to the letter. I am sure that is a bad thing. And I will leave it at that. 

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sjaak327 said:

Maybe if Thailand doesn't abuse it's legal system to get rid of political rivals, it doesn't have to hear people complain ? It is clear what is going on here, and it is an absolute disgrace. 

If the non-democratic government would stop improperly portraying itself as a democracy, they would not be subject to the same sort of criticism. The recent act of dissolution would seem to clearly indicate that they are still predominantly an army-style government.

Just call a spade a spade!

• Like 2

On 2/23/2020 at 8:59 AM, bluesofa said:

I think that's less likely. I'd have thought a spontaneous protest would have shown genuine feelings.

Sure, there might well be protests organised, but I feel the government will do their best to ignore it.

'Get ugly fast' - it's now been a couple of days already.

We'll see. I hope something does happen, but I'm not holding out much hope.

There have been plenty of foreign governments giving their opinion on dissolving the FFP.

Unless there are economic sanctions involved, no one in the Thai puppet government will give a sh!t.

Too true - this Government does not care about people's lives; notions of democracy; justice; fair play.  The bottom line is always the baht.  Action will only take place when this is adversely affected.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 5:01 PM, AndrewMciver said:

China is just a big overpopulated _hithole with societal problems way to numerous to list. So when did China start "pulling the strings" in Thailand as you suggest? Thailand's military has been repressing democracy since they were given their share of the pie in 1932.

The US embassy in Bangkok has expressed concern that the Constitutional Court’s decision on Friday, to dissolve the Future Forward party, risks disenfranchising more than six million Thai voters who voted for the party in the March 24th 2019 general election.

I really get an erection of dissatisfaction when I read the lies.

There are way more people who are opposed to these...aeehh.. people who call themselves politicians. 

Let the Thai people choose what they want, not some Army guys who might have bought their rank. 

Does that make sense to have an Admiral as a leading guy in the educational sector in a system that gets worse by each month? 

Perhaps building a wall around their houses would be helpful. 

Edited by Isaanbiker