BANGKOK
Old Fool

I want to buy land in koh Tao

Either google in Thai and english but best to go in person to the nearest city or town and Koh Tao itself to talk to local realtors and people in general and look for signs for sale people put up...

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Either google in Thai and english but best to go in person to the nearest city or town and Koh Tao itself to talk to local realtors and people in general and look for signs for sale people put up...

thanks, that's what I was thinking too.  I think I need to get my wife to negotiate.  She isn't that good at doing that that though, but I'll train her!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Koh Tao also known as death island .... be careful

trying to take advantage before it's Disneyland..

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I know it's obvious but make sure the land has proper papers. I get offers every now and then but when I ask for the papers it's all "word of mouth contracts". The whole village and surrounding fields where I live are on public land! It might work between Thai but I would not take the risk. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I know it's obvious but make sure the land has proper papers. I get offers every now and then but when I ask for the papers it's all "word of mouth contracts". The whole village and surrounding fields where I live are on public land! It might work between Thai but I would not take the risk. 

yeah and i am not sure any land on koh tao is chanote land

might want to check that - just go to local land office with the land paper of the land you are proposing to buy and they will tell you the current status of the plot

• Like 1