Thai Health Ministry mulls listing Italy as high risk for COVID-19 infection

rooster59

I wonder why the Italy numbers are so high and with recent cases rising fairly fast.

Fairly popular with Chinese visitors but would not have though much more, if any more, than some other European countries.

Maybe they have more advanced screening.

All just thoughts, could be wrong.

Poor news for me, had already set my mind to go there in early May, from BKK to Milan, not yet booked but will press on with it, probably go earlier.

5 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

They are sailing into a world full of hurt.

Claiming that there hasn't been a single infection

since weeks defies all global trends on the spread.

perhaps they are ill-equipped to diagnose...no more kits...

perhaps they want us to believe some green plant cures it.

We know the national penchant of lying for financial gain.

Just to prop up their country's tourism class.

Pathetic.

Well maybe it's possible? Maybe the Thai are more resistant because of their not so hygienic lifestyle and have more anti-bodies in their blood? Same goes for Indians i guess.

But it sure is strange that in Thailand it doesn't spread while in Korea/Iran/Turkye it goes really fast.

20 minutes ago, christophe75 said:

As usual... watch Israel.

After China, Thailand... Now it's the turn of South Korea and Japan.

It's obvious. It's the level of reasoning of a 6 years old child... for a government who truly cares about its citizens and who understands the concept of "danger" and "risk assessment".

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-to-ban-entry-to-foreigners-coming-from-south-korea-japan/

And tomorrow : it will be Italy's turn.

Again, obvious.

And again Israel will show the way.

And again the stupid, spineless bureaucrats, generals and whatever else of many other countries... won't follow.

Because face. And money. And because sheer stupidity.

So for that matter, it's easy to forecast : Thailand will probably react... in a few months... ???? 

Because, unfortunately... we combine all those... traits...

Well only 2000 people have died from it so far...is that a reason for the whole world to panic?

In only Thailand more people died in traffic in the same period.

2 minutes ago, fruitman said:

Well maybe it's possible? Maybe the Thai are more resistant because of their not so hygienic lifestyle and have more anti-bodies in their blood? Same goes for Indians i guess.

But it sure is strange that in Thailand it doesn't spread while in Korea/Iran/Turkye it goes really fast.

but that theory goes down in flames... as the Chines are most of the victims, most deaths; and what they eat would turn the tummys on the toughest of the rest of the world

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tifino said:

but that theory goes down in flames... as the Chines are most of the victims, most deaths; and what they eat would turn the tummys on the toughest of the rest of the world

Maybe it's not so much about eating wild animals but more about being strong and able to fight new viruses by antibodies in ones blood?

I know that almost every tourist gets sick in India and Egypt, except the locals...they can stand it.

And the ones who died from this virus are almost all over 70-80 years old.

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Don't want the Italians spreading the virus to the Chinese tourists in Thailand!!!  :cheesy:

and 'that' is why this all so much warped! 

- the blame shift smokescreen has gone into top gear

I wonder how the Italy managed to jump on first place with 150 infected but for example in Thailand wayy more Chinese visits... Seems like coverup and out of nowhere there will be a 1000s of infected and after lets wait and see if they will saying Thailand have under control Corona Virus

1 hour ago, NB1986 said:

I wonder how the Italy managed to jump on first place with 150 infected but for example in Thailand wayy more Chinese visits... Seems like coverup and out of nowhere there will be a 1000s of infected and after lets wait and see if they will saying Thailand have under control Corona Virus

I've been wondering this for a while, either Thailand has gotten incredibly lucky through their ignorance, or things are not transparent. Logic would suggest the latter in some way or another. One thing any person can do if they are brave enough, is to waltz into a hospital and see how things are going 

Edited by Mung
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thai Health Ministry mulls listing Italy

Rooster, I understand what you mean by "mulls", i.e. to cogitate or ponder, but when used with Italy in the same sentence, could the Health Minister be referring to plunging a hot poker into his wine.  Just curious

'nuf sed.

14 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

As people have said before, look to countries like S Korea where is a lot more transparency.

They are suddenly showing some dangerous increases in cases

Thailand has been at the same number for weeks now.

It's also the fact that South Korea started testing all cases of pneumonia. Most countries don't do this. I think only Singapore is doing it and Germany will start this week to test everyone who show flu symptoms. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Don Chance said:

This guy say the lack of cases in Thailand is very suspicious.

Great vid. I hope it is allowed to stay up here. We need more resources that analyze the situation.

We'll never get any intelligent sources of information that originate in Thailand.

7 hours ago, NB1986 said:

This is how it works here.  If you don't put up garbage bins it means there is not garbage problem.  If you don't test for Coronavirus it means there is no Coronavirus problem. 

Maybe for once the figures are real. Not because of Anutin’s masks, the different Thai immune system or their precautions. 
It might be that the virus just doesn’t survive the jungle heat here.

Apart from Singapore (densely populated, mostly indoor life) all countries where the virus is spreading are now colder than TH.

12 hours ago, Enzian said:

Most people are not aware that Italy has a large number of undocumented Chinese garment workers, with the highest number in the Tuscan city of Prato. There are probably 20 to 40 thousand, plus all the legal Chinese; and the government mainly overlooks the situation. I walked through the area once. Now Prato is north, but still far from Milan. I assume more info will eventually come out.

20-40k? Thailand had 70k tourists directly from Wuhan starting from Jan 1st 2020.