Bank book transactions

19 minutes ago, placnx said:

Please clarify whether the 3 months for retaining 800,000 Baht applies from the date of the extension or the date of expiry of permission to stay. Thanks.

The day the extension application is approved.

22 minutes ago, placnx said:

Please clarify whether the 3 months for retaining 800,000 Baht applies from the date of the extension or the date of expiry of permission to stay. Thanks.

Thai Immigration should also be using Combo system from Royal Thai Police new directive October 2019.  Combined amount of Bank Savings 400k Minimum + Detailed documents (Pension Letters) to show enough pension coming in to cover 800k ALL TOGETHER .....

Thai Immi 11 pages longstay details Oct 2019.pdf

14 minutes ago, Otter4 said:

Thai Immigration should also be using Combo system from Royal Thai Police new directive October 2019.  Combined amount of Bank Savings 400k Minimum + Detailed documents (Pension Letters) to show enough pension coming in to cover 800k ALL TOGETHER .....

They do accept the combination option.

It does not have to be a minimum of 400k baht in the bank. Some offices have said half must remain in the account after 3 months,

Easier to do it you can still get proof of income from your embassy.

If having to use proof of transfers into the country meet the income part some offices have been reluctant to do them before if you had less than 12 months of transfers to show but now the can require 12 months of transfers unless it is your first extension application.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Irrelevant whether you are in the country or not I expect. Although I cannot confirm what triggers the system to print a consolidated line rather than several pages of individual transactions. It may be an excessive number of transactions, a long period of time or some combination. I am pretty sure a bank book update cannot go back beyond 6 months for the individual transactions wrt Bangkok Bank, because neither you nor the teller can do that on-line. You have to apply to central records. 

I think you're right, but not really relevant to the point I was making that this statement

A Savings Account bank book "MUST" be updated at least once a month to show every transaction. This is a fact.

was incorrect.

Edited by treetops

5 hours ago, treetops said:

was incorrect.

It was indeed. Before the change requiring me to show the money for 12 months I also wanted to capture the print showing the interest deposited and with-holding tax deduction, to help me reclaim it. I nearly always missed one and got a consolidated print line. 

7 hours ago, treetops said:

I think you're right, but not really relevant to the point I was making that this statement

was incorrect.

You have to use a bank account the way it's supposed to be used. If having 2-3 transactions a month,then there is not much to combine. If you use your account for monthly living expenses, pay rent online,pay monthly bills/subscriptions online,top up the phone online,buy stuff online, withdraw money from ATM's, monthly deposits + transfers, then, if you don't update your bank book,the second month it will have so called combined transactions. You and many other posters with just a very few transactions, don't have a clue how it works. If you pay your bills at Big C ,top up your phone at 7/11,never buy anything online, how do you think you'll get any transactions? 

4 hours ago, Max69xl said:

You have to use a bank account the way it's supposed to be used. If having 2-3 transactions a month,then there is not much to combine. If you use your account for monthly living expenses, pay rent online,pay monthly bills/subscriptions online,top up the phone online,buy stuff online, withdraw money from ATM's, monthly deposits + transfers, then, if you don't update your bank book,the second month it will have so called combined transactions. You and many other posters with just a very few transactions, don't have a clue how it works. If you pay your bills at Big C ,top up your phone at 7/11,never buy anything online, how do you think you'll get any transactions? 

At SCB the statement gives all transactions, even when the passbook update only shows a monthly summary entry.

On 2/23/2020 at 5:36 PM, ubonjoe said:

The 3 month bank statement should be accepted since your bank book does not show all the transactions.

On 2/24/2020 at 1:37 PM, Max69xl said:

We're not talking about a Fixed Deposit Account. A Savings Account bank book "MUST" be updated at least once a month to show every transaction. This is a fact. 

If you have a FDA at for example Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn Bank, you can update the bank book in an update machine when using it for immigration. No deposit needed. 

(I know) Alternatively, If you have 1 million baht in the Bangkok Bank, you can open a 1-year fixed deposit account (used to pay 1.5% gross - 1.275% net but I'm not sure if that is still the case). You go into the branch of that account the day before your visa renewal, get the book updated and ask them for a letter of certification for that account (costs 100 baht), photocopy the first and second pages of the bank book and present these photocopies plus the original certification letter at the immigration office.

OP here.

Went to Phuket immigration yesterday (In Phuket Town. Patong immigration cannot process retirement extensions)

Not the slightest problem. Not a word said about anything I was concerned about.

Visa collected today at 1pm. 

Went like clockwork. Laughs and jokes all the way through.

My thanks to UbonJoe, and to the Phuket Immigration Volunteers who replied in less than 30 minutes on the 2 occasions I emailed them.

Simon

Good to know!!  I'm going in about 3 weeks.  I've been stressing about the new rules.  Even though I know I'm okay, last year I was off by 2 days and I had to do all the paperwork all over again and come back.   My fault, but unnecessary stress, especially when the IO says Not Enough Money--come back next week.  WHAT?   I update all my bank books every month when I go in for my Social Security money and I've topped off my bank balance so I'm not on the "edge" on uncertainty.   It's a good habit to get into.  

On 2/26/2020 at 2:22 AM, Max69xl said:

I've read a fair bit drivel on line, but a post about using a bank account the right way beats most.  You may be right in how entries become consolidated if you generate a lot of them, I wouldn't know, but your initial claim was made with no qualification and was incorrect.  Here it is again:

A Savings Account bank book "MUST" be updated at least once a month to show every transaction. This is a fact.