Is thailand wanting to stay in medieval times ?

Liverpudlian

2 minutes ago, samsensam said:

i dont drink, dont go to bars, dont date or otherwise employ prostitutes or other sex workers.

Ok, up to you.

I drink, go to bars, and I like a lot of girls who get paid for making guys happy.

And at the same time I also have good relations with lots of "normal" Thais and I have no problems in Thailand.

Having a little fun is no reason to be a sad or problematic person.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

There will no sleep loss if tomorrow all the foreigners in Thailand will pack up and leave, infect, there will a collective sigh of relief to see the backside of them, so in answer to your question, Thailand is very happy where it was until us came for pushed those poor lot to go think and act 20th century... 

You must be hanging around bars then ?? to have that point of view.

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Really dude, can you give it a rest with the President Trump obsession? We are trying to have some jolly fun here. Maybe go over and join the echo chamber in the world news section?

I think sometimes it's funny to joke about the village idiot.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Ok, up to you.

I drink, go to bars, and I like a lot of girls who get paid for making guys happy.

And at the same time I also have good relations with lots of "normal" Thais and I have no problems in Thailand.

Having a little fun is no reason to be a sad or problematic person.

Until the moneys runs out. 

• Like 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

I think sometimes it's funny to joke about the village idiot.

Naw its just obsessive and boring. But hey, if you make yourself chuckle, I guess we all will just have to put up with it. Its all about you then.

I think they should bring back and promote Mehkong Whiskey. Thats a medieval brew.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

What was this thread about again?

Someone ranting about the Thai government/Culture/farang hate etc. Its all good. Gives us a chance to segue into important matters like beer, booze, hookers, weed and national insults, or even provincial ones. Lets talk bout Geordies and Yorkshiremen more! And Scousers!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Give it a rest about Trump .

No need to mention him in every thread 

I don't mention him in every thread.

This thread is about Thailand and medieval times - as if all other nations and people in those nations are modern.

Forgive me if I have to think about MAGA, were some people try to remember the good old times. When exactly were those good old times?

And then there are the people who want to take back control and who like to remember the time of the empire.

So much about Thailand and medieval times. 555

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

I was feeling pretty good today. the TM28 is gone, I had a relatively easy time of renewing my O-Retirement last week, no one ever hassles me about anything in my part of Bangkok, everyone is friendly. I live nicely in a nice condo rental. 

Only the bad air bothers me really. My wife tells me that ordinary Thai are not happy about things that are said such as "Damn Foreigners" re wearing of masks.

I find that immigration has been greatly simplified with the lack of TM28, and the online reporting. It is easy. 

Yea life is Easy.

Edited by WalkingOrders
sp
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Someone ranting about the Thai government/Culture/farang hate etc. Its all good. Gives us a chance to segue into important matters like beer, booze, hookers, weed and national insults, or even provincial ones. Lets talk bout Geordies and Yorkshiremen more! And Scousers!

seems us "scousers" can always hit the nail on the head & buy the way just make sure your motor is locked up in a garage ey !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And then there are the people who want to take back control and who like to remember the time of the empire.

When we colonized every other country in the region yet failed to colonize Thailand. What would Thailand be like today if the Brits had colonized it?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:
35 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Trying to be funny? Don't bother, you're Canadian, ain't gonna happen.

No, I got you good.

SCTV was brilliant. Except for the first one or two generations of Sat. Night Live, way better than SNL in my opinion (although both were created by Lorne Michaels).

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

When we colonized every other country in the region yet failed to colonize Thailand. What would Thailand be like today if the Brits had colonized it?

A cross between India and singapore or at the extremes of either? A dice roll

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, neighboring Malaysia and Singapore 

Plenty of hookers in both places. Seems like you need to go to Saudi or Iran to escape them. 

Hey how would this topic go on an Iran Board? Is Iran Still in Medieval Times? Bet even the BritDude couldnt find a hooker in Tehran! You would be safe from Sexthoughtcrime!

• Sad 1