Is thailand wanting to stay in medieval times ?

Liverpudlian

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Nothing beats a murderous dictatorship  for development huh? Steal what you dont invent, thats creative.

Other than China, is their any country you admire? 

It is amusing how defensive people get, when I predict China's leadership role, in the world economy in the years to come. Just FYI. I despise the Chicoms. And I do not necessarily expect them to last too much longer. But the nation will, and it will thrive. The Chinese people are smart, work hard, save their money, and are willing to plan, and look forward. I do not have an issue with the people of China. I find their government heinous.

Simply stating facts, without taking a political position. It is a very strange thing known as objectivity. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

^ Realised  that he wouldnt get a British girl for a bj...............now trying on with the Brit guys

You're warped, you've got perverted sex on the brain, you really need to take yourself in hand. Or are you right now? 555

BTW. In my world blunkies are practiced between men and women, your world may be different.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Simply stating facts, without taking a political position. It is a very strange thing known as objectivity. 

Yeah let me know where to find some. 

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And I do not necessarily expect them to last too much longer. But the nation will, and it will thrive.

Not when its government collapses in a nation where authoritarianism cannot keep their rice bowl filled and they wouldnt know democracy if it bit them in the butt. Maybe its warlord time.

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

You're warped, you've got perverted sex on the brain, you really need to take yourself in hand. Or are you right now? 555

You claim to be an open minded lefty , odd that you think two males engaging in a sexual act is "perverted" , not to mention your derogatory comments about Chinese and Indians 

8 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

There's a reason for that.

Average IQ by country:

China 105 = 3rd

UK     100 = 7th.

USA    98 = 9th.

Thai    91 = 16th

https://new-iq-test.com/iq-by-country/

Wow. US in 9th place, but actually 31 in the world in IQ, when you take into account the number of ties. I have been suspecting this level of mediocrity for a long time now. check out the position of the Asian nations, other than Thailand.

But, the test is suspect. Where is Israel? And India at 25th. Utter nonsense. Probably more like 3rd or 4th. They might be taking into account those that are illiterate and could not read the tests. 

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

During the time neighbouring countries were being occupied Thailand was defined as being under a "sphere of influence". Western Thailand was under the British sphere of influence, Eastern Thailand was under the French sphere of influence.

One story was a British car was presented to the then king by the British, then after that the first imported cars were from Britain.

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You claim to be an open minded lefty , odd that you think two males engaging in a sexual act is "perverted" , not to mention your derogatory comments about Chinese and Indians 

Don't forget the French, I've thrown a few turds at them too. Although one of my top 5 BJs was French, I'm not too racist to turn down a BJ. Also had an Indian girl in the UK and Chinese girls in both the UK and Singapore, none of whom were in my top 5. Moi? Racist? Far from it.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Yeah let me know where to find some. 

Not when its government collapses in a nation where authoritarianism cannot keep their rice bowl filled and they wouldnt know democracy if it bit them in the butt. Maybe its warlord time.

Well, worldwide, how well is democracy working out right now? And how do you even define democracy these days? The US is beginning to look more like a fascist republic. And China will remain on top for the next century or two, while the US continues its speedy decline. I estimate #6 in the world within 20 years, and possible #13 within 50 years. 

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well, worldwide, how well is democracy working out right now? And how do you even define democracy these days? The US is beginning to look more like a fascist republic. And China will remain on top for the next century or two, while the US continues its speedy decline. I estimate #6 in the world within 20 years, and possible #13 within 50 years. 

Well I reckon even silliness can sound good if you phrase it right. Im going to call my broker to check out the decline.

Just now, sanemax said:

Would you turn down a Millwall supporting American ?

Im too ugly for him, and I make it a point never to provide oral pleasure to to guys, its just a rule that I have, no big deal.

23 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Very few of us are married to, or involved with middle or upper class women here. And I love that fact. I will take a simple Thai woman, with a huge heart, over an upper class woman any day. And my woman is anything but ignorant. But, if it makes you feel good to call her that, do your thing. 

By large numbers of Thais, I wonder what percent you are referring to? At least 65% of the population is identified as being below middle class. And what percent of middle class Thais do you think "travel abroad regularly"?

Mine's a baan noak but I am too. That makes us a perfect match. No problem with farting in the sack.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Don't forget the French, I've thrown a few turds at them too. Although one of my top 5 BJs was French, I'm not too racist to turn down a BJ. Also had an Indian girl in the UK and Chinese girls in both the UK and Singapore, none of whom were in my top 5. Moi? Racist? Far from it.

You are like a kid a school who has had his first sexual experience and needs to tell everyone about it or you think that you are the only person in the world to have had a sexual experience .

Everyones doing it, not just you .

Some , most of us dont feel the need to tell everyone else about our sex lives

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

You are like a kid a school who has had his first sexual experience and needs to tell everyone about it or you think that you are the only person in the world to have had a sexual experience .

Sorry, just wanted to give you the benefit of my greater experience. No need to be shy tell us about yours.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Nah. Our contempt is for the army, the administration, and the elite. For me and many other it is not for the masses. 

We are a threat. We are teaching our women stuff they should not know about, in the leaders small minds. 

You are right to a point.

But I'm sure the elite are kept awake at night by more frightening things than a few hundred thousand farang expats exposing their partners to dangerous ideas.

Who doesn't know at at least one family member who is working overseas, or married to a foreigner and lives overseas? Hardly a family in Issan doesn't tick one of those two boxes.

And the days when you made a phone call home once a month are long gone.

Now they all talk everyday via video chat, and those heretical ideas of free speech and the like that they see, not only in Western countries, but South Korea & Taiwan are eventually going to shake the tree.

The young, somewhat educated, also get exposed to these ideas through social media. It must be a terrifying time for the Thai elite!

Poor Them!!!!!! 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Folk who constantly brag about how much money they have, have none.

Folk who constantly brag about sex exploits, have none.

PS. Except NCC, of course....????

PPS. The only thing I believe that Dannyboy has said is he is OK with farting in bed...????

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

When they do something deserving of my respect, they'll get it.

So far they've only been worthy of my contempt.

Respect has to be earned

It is not just given out, even to people that believe they are most worthy of it due to their positions in Society

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yinn said:

Err....

EDBD0C2E-9D9E-4792-B3E3-3FDD4205EE6B.jpeg

Look mate, it's a tiny piece of border compared with the rest of the other bordering countries, by the way for someone who supposedly is Thai you need to read up on Thai history. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Nothing beats a murderous dictatorship  for development huh? Steal what you dont invent, thats creative.

Other than China, is their any country you admire? 

Not a country, but I admire those of Germanic ancestry as they invented almost everything that made modern society. "Vorsprung durch technik" .... as they used to say.

Edited by BritManToo

8 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

The whole world, except you, seems to know Chinese money isnt free.

China is finished anyway. The hubris of Icarus.

Pity you farangs. You don't know how the Chinese do business. The Chinese always think for the long term. They don't have problem writing off debts because they want to maintain good relationships. One day you may be down, but one day you may be up and become a bigger customer or even return a favour.

Why China’s belt and road loans may not be the debt trap other countries fear

The conclusions, based on the studies of Chinese debt renegotiations with 24 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America, challenge claims that the Belt and Road Initiative will leave countries with debts they cannot repay and force them to hand over assets or natural resources to Beijing.

The report concluded that Beijing had renegotiated about US$50 billion of loans and in most cases, debts had either been written off or payment was deferred.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Over here in Malaysia, just like everywhere else, democracy is a joke. Elected representatives can switch sides overnight if the right amounts are offered. Voting every few years is meaningless if the voter has no power over the rep after the elections are over. Whereas rich individuals or corporations can gain control over elected reps using money. The former Malaysian PM, which was involved in the 1MDB scandal, gave millions of ringgits to many of the MPs from his party, obviously to secure their loyalty. Not sure how such a system is superior to China's political system, especially when we have lawmakers bickering all the time and nothing much gets done.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And India at 25th. Utter nonsense. Probably more like 3rd or 4th. They might be taking into account those that are illiterate and could not read the tests. 

Maybe you don't have the opportunity to live among many Indians. But here in Malaysia, the ethnic Indian (mostly Tamils) is a sizeable minority (7%). And trust me, on average, they are far less cleverer than the ethnic Chinese, who dominates in business. And we don't have an illiteracy problem. To give you a clue as to their average intelligence level - 70% of the estimated 40,000 gang members in Malaysia are Indians. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 6:40 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Really?

I think lots of Thais welcome foreigners.

Obviously there are some who don't like foreigners - just like in many other countries.

Who of us has experienced hateful Thais? I remember one guy years ago in a food center who was shouting at every farang he saw. And everybody ignored him. That's the only hateful guy I remember right now. I am sure if there would be many of them I would remember many of them.

correct, I have only had good interactions with Thais, even the much maligned taxi drivers have gone out of their way to be helpful (helps if you speak Thai of course) As for the IO I have found them to be humerous and good natured, at least towards me.