BANGKOK
xtof2

Ministry of Education asks me to observe a 14 day voluntary quarantine when I come back from Japan !!!!

Wow.

Does that include people that only transferred through airports in those countries?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Wow.

Does that include people that only transferred through airports in those countries?

I live in Thailand with my family.

So it seems that they include everyone (including Thai according to the Ministry directive) travelling in one of these countries and coming back in Thailand.

I wonder if this applies to the teachers who they employ who've been on holiday

1 hour ago, loong said:

must and voluntary in the same sentence???

Either they must do it or they do it voluntarily.

I think the “ voluntary” refers to the type of quarantine such as at home, if it was “compulsory” you could be held somewhere with no choice.

As a teacher you show remarkably little understanding that Japan is riddled with infected people from Okinawa to the far north. And very little sense of responsibility that you will be working amongst hundreds of children in confined spaces. Just look at what one woman has done in Korea by mixing with a church congregation while apparently not knowing that she was infectious. 

Thailand could be the victim of a super-spreader like her but so far has been fortunate.  So grow up and accept responsibility for once in your life. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, xtof2 said:

This place is a mad house !

how is this different that any other country?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, loong said:

must and voluntary in the same sentence???

Either they must do it or they do it voluntarily.

they must do it voluntary.

not the same as being picked up and placed in a facility some where.

So we have cases of CV in Thailand and they have cases in Singapore. Main difference is that Singapore has loads of equipment that works and people placed everywhere with hand cleaning stuff and a Government that is realistic and gives sound advise whilst keeping everything in perspective..

What is the difference therefore between being in Singapore and being in Thailand in terms of likelihood of infection?

Using this logic, everyone in Thailand should also go into self-imposed quarantine, and the moment that is over and they go to the shops, they should return and do another 14 days quarantine.

• Confused 1