Future Forward accuses Prayut of involvement in Malaysian 1MDB scam

webfact

27 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

"He has big support up country" really? I'm up country and everbody (Thais) I know hates him.

And turn the pyramid the right way up as it looks very unstable and easily toppled the way they had it.Better to build upon a sturdy board base.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

Unfortunately... this accusation comes just after the court decision.

This simple fact undermines the whole process.

2 solutions :

-1-it's fake, and the banished party wants some revenge, to stirr unrest etc.

Fair enough. I mean it's easy to understand their anger.

-2- it's true... But the party didn't disclose it before... thinking they could use it as a "trump card".

Then it's a huge tactical (and strategic) mistake.

With a corrupted system, you don't "hold" onto damaging information. You don't try to make "closed doors" deal with the corrupted. You use everything you have against it, right away. You destroy your ennemy. And you take the people as witness.

So.. sorry, but 1 or 2... it doesn't feel right.

Edited by christophe75

52 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

That is the issue - they have all been banned for 10 years in Thailand politics.  Anyone know what happens to those seats they won? Will there be by-elections? If so, that is the chance for another anti-Junta Party and People to stand, and how many votes they get would be interesting.  Or has the Junta just gotten rid of some troublesome members and no one replaces them? 

I believe the seats will remain vacant until the next election. No matter, as the people have all those senators to represent their interests...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Das Boot said:

The solution is simple & obvious (unless individuals have been banned from politics as well) start a new party...  I have to admit, I haven't followed this all that closely, so not sure of the extent of the ban & censure.

That's true and they probably will but 10? 12? key leaders have been banned from politics for 10 years and their seats in parliament are now vacant giving the government more wiggle room in votes. 

Let's see some scrutiny of the government's financial arrangement being the slimy way they banned FF. Oh what am I saying, as the Thai spokesman says, Thailand has it's own culture.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Das Boot said:

The solution is simple & obvious (unless individuals have been banned from politics as well) start a new party...  I have to admit, I haven't followed this all that closely, so not sure of the extent of the ban & censure.

Officials of future forward were banned for 10 years 

M first thought was: If you go around making claims like that you had better have a good supply of facts and evidence to back it up!  Getting dragged into court would be the least of your worries.  Getting deposited in a shallow grave next to the late Mr Low would be a higher concern.  Second though was: We foreigners need to be careful who we throw our support behind.  The PM gets plenty of <deleted> thrown at him on here, occasionally from me too, and as much as I detest how the constitution was drafted and the way the election was engineered the fact is we don't get a say in any of it.  We are just temporarily residing  in a country that cares not what we think! 

2 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

and unless you cut the internet all over the country, you can't sweep it all under the rug ...

Has absolutely nothing to do with cutting Internet. The biggest problem is that there are no rugs in that size available. ????

The 1MDB scam... is nothing new.

Why it comes out now ? And why it could be the sign of something much more interesting ?

The fact that Thailand has aligned with China, and that a majority of thai people are upset (those 2 facts can't be denied)... could lead to the only thing that could work actually.

A "colored revolution", designed/supported by... the USA !

During the Vietnam war and until recently.. Thailand was an asset of USA (military etc.)

But now ?

To weaken China... it would be so easy to weaken Thailand !

From my point of view it's now the biggest threat against the junta (let's use real names here).

A vote ? An uprising from the people ? Without any help from the outside ? I do not believe it.

So when the USA will decide to remove the carpet.... beware mister generals...

Your links with China... make you vulnerable. Look at the difference with Vietnam (opposed to China, even the vietnamese people dislike China).

USA pivots to Vietnam. And undermine/overthrow Thailand.

A brillant double move. ????

Edited by christophe75
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, monkfish said:

So what you are saying is they should just ignore corruption?

no i'm not saying that, but it works both ways, farang like it when it gets them off the hook like a speeding fine or a get out of jail card.  This is Thailand so we can whinge about it until the cows come home but it ain't gunna change a thing,  Thailand is what it is and that's why most choose to live here because of the freedom and not the nanny state that I came from. imo. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1