Future Forward accuses Prayut of involvement in Malaysian 1MDB scam

webfact

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Future Forward accuses Prayut of involvement in Malaysian 1MDB scam

Well if She's so sure than let her come up with the Evidence, than If she has a case take it to court . Stirring trouble that's what all pollies do best ,But Don't forget ,Innocent Until proven Guilty. I don't know if that works in Los.  ???? 

7 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Well if She's so sure than let her come up with the Evidence, than If she has a case take it to court . Stirring trouble that's what all pollies do best ,But Don't forget ,Innocent Until proven Guilty. I don't know if that works in Los.  ???? 

If if she has irrefutable evidence she is open to criminal and civil charges of defamation under Thai law. 

She and the ex FFP legal team know this. So this is a calculated act to provoke reaction. Through enough s12t and some will always stick. Also keeps the FFP in the news.

Presumably she fancies the idea of being a martyr and doing time for someone else's benefit.

Forget about the Malaysia scam thing. There are also people on here that support a former Chinese/Thai PM and his family. Amazing how quickly local people forget huge theft and corruption scandals in LOS. How many for example were in LOS and can remember when a company owned by that ex PM sold a satellite to the Burmese junta for $USD 750 million, but the Burmese only had a spare $250 million in cash, so that same ex PM and his government allegedly gave the Burmese a "soft" loan of $USD 500 million on the Thai budget, (which of course was paid to himself) ! I gave up trying to explain (in northern Thai) to local Thais, including my wife's family in C Mai at the time, how very wrong this was. They were all too thick to understand the meaning of 'theft from the common people', or malfeasance in office. I do not like the current PM either and, am amazed that anyone could actually say he has heavy support in the north - my wife's family are all Muang CM locals and can't stand the man or, his "democratically elected" government. As others have said, life is hard enough at the lower end of the swamp - they have more mundane things, like what food they will have to eat today, to think about.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I couldn't disagree more. Everyone in my wife's family hates the government with a passion, as do something like 40-50 of her friends. The country 'ticks over' because the rest of the world doesn't give a rats fart about Thailand and its politics. The country plays no part at all in anything of significance anywhere in the world. It is almost invisible, and probably best known for its prostitutes and ladyboys than anything political.

Same here, and no different if it's our friends in Bkk, Isan or Phuket.... I don't know a single person old or young in line with the gov.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

If if she has irrefutable evidence she is open to criminal and civil charges of defamation under Thai law. 

She and the ex FFP legal team know this. So this is a calculated act to provoke reaction. Through enough s12t and some will always stick. Also keeps the FFP in the news.

Presumably she fancies the idea of being a martyr and doing time for someone else's benefit.

No surprise to see you defending the government. 

Why not blame Thaksin? It's what you usually do.

Tedious and predicable. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

agree Baerboxer ....   one thing stuck in my mind yesterday when I was at my Thai friends apartment, I asked did he see the news about the court order dissolution of FFP ...  and he said yes he read it, I said alot of farang disagree with this and he said ' yes, but farang not understand thai politics and why sometime they have to do this way ' ....  and those were his exact words, I am sure many Thai's would give that same answer over & over if asked.

Thailand must have someone in control or lawlessness and anarchy soon fester and become out of control. Thailand has been like this for decades and will always be that way. imo 

Isn't this topic about 1MDB scam? You got no opinion on that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Thanks for posting that - a very interesting read in deed!

Just another regular Swiss banker falling out with his mates!

What about the Malaysian businessman who travelled in and out of Thailand several times when there was an international arrest warrant out for him? He was even living it up in the south of Thailand for periods of time. That's a pretty big oversight, right? Or.............

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Thanks for posting that - a very interesting read in deed!

Just another regular Swiss banker falling out with his mates!

Yes the fact he was arrested and jailed in Thailand for allegedly blackmailing a Saudi Company is interesting and don't mention the confession.

10 hours ago, webfact said:

"Since we have been dissolved, we can't, but the Thai public can demand the truth."

a little confused here...if the party has been dissolved, their members were and are part of the Thai public thus why is she saying she can't ask for an investigation

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

When the day dawns, that Prayut and his cronies decide to kick out all farangs, 

Just your imagination. 

I not like Prayut, but you imagine that plan. 

Calm down.

• Like 2

This case is more complicated and it doesn't make me trust FF when they simplify it. 1) As far as I know there is no extradition treaty between Singapur and Thailand (Low). 2) But there is one with Malaysia. And: Switzerland launched an investigation into Xavier Justo a year ago for economic espionage. 3) In any case Justo got at least 2 Million USD from Edge Media Group for his whistleblowing. I would sit 18 months in a Thai prison if I am rewarded like that.

Edited by otaku00

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

sorry to disagree ...

I believe Khun Prayut Chan O Cha will be around for a long time yet. He isn't going anywhere.

He has big support up country as I have witnessed on many occasions.

Thais are happy to have the security and stability, they are sick and tired of road blocks and protests and fighting. Farang keep telling us Thailand is going down the drain and it's the final nail in the coffin and bla ..bla ..bla .. but funny thing is Thailand just keeps ticking over as it has done for the last decade and will continue for decades to come. Tourists keep coming and infrastructure continues to be created. 

enough said.

Infrastructure, where???? Sorry nearly forgot, high speed rail. Got to get the priorities right.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

That is the issue - they have all been banned for 10 years in Thailand politics.  Anyone know what happens to those seats they won? Will there be by-elections? If so, that is the chance for another anti-Junta Party and People to stand, and how many votes they get would be interesting.  Or has the Junta just gotten rid of some troublesome members and no one replaces them? 

No by elections. The seats will remain vacant until the next elections giving the government a majority of 11 instead of only 1

6 hours ago, steven100 said:

sorry to disagree ...

I believe Khun Prayut Chan O Cha will be around for a long time yet. He isn't going anywhere.

He has big support up country as I have witnessed on many occasions.

Thais are happy to have the security and stability, they are sick and tired of road blocks and protests and fighting. Farang keep telling us Thailand is going down the drain and it's the final nail in the coffin and bla ..bla ..bla .. but funny thing is Thailand just keeps ticking over as it has done for the last decade and will continue for decades to come. Tourists keep coming and infrastructure continues to be created. 

enough said.

Not the reality that I know

• Like 2

The government also harboured Malaysian financier Low Taek Jho, known as Jho Low, allowing him to enter the country at least five times between October 2016 and May 2018, despite Low having an Interpol red notice from Singapore, she said.Low has denied any wrongdoing. His whereabouts are unknown.

Sounds familiar!!!

6 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

How many people do you know?Do you know a lot of the older people who now get a pension and are quite grateful for it?Their are also a lot of people working in the government who also admire the Joker.Personally I don't like him but have been surprised by the amount of support he does have up here.These guys are not new to this game and are masters in more ways than one.

"How many people do you know?" 17 yrs here. Need I say more. 

• Like 1