Canada concerned over ‘disenfranchising’ of six million Future Forward voters

webfact

I feel, like comments on the other related threads, that these statements won't mean much on their own. But then we are talking about the diplomatic agencies and rightly so that they should be the first to voice an opinion. Should there be a deterioration then I would expect other countries to consider 'further measures'. Of course it is up to the Thai people to speak out but....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Doesn´t matter how many countries that are raising concern about anything, when the country concerned are not concerned.

It might when the "said" country comes to make trade deals in the future, and gets a frosty response!

4 hours ago, Magenta408 said:

Canada should focus on all the problems it has back home and keep their noses out of other people's or countries' business. 

At the end of the day! - I think that is what all the "concerned" parties will do, they all have enough problems of their own to contend with, historically no action has been taken against Thailand, despite multiple coups, though in previous events they did give the power back to the people - albeit in a very contentious way!

Thailand is doing something correct in the world wide arena, they seem to be untouchable - I do wonder what they are doing to make it so, apart from the data base they will be sharing?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CGW said:

At the end of the day! - I think that is what all the "concerned" parties will do, they all have enough problems of their own to contend with, historically no action has been taken against Thailand, despite multiple coups, though in previous events they did give the power back to the people - albeit in a very contentious way!

Thailand is doing something correct in the world wide arena, they seem to be untouchable - I do wonder what they are doing to make it so, apart from the data base they will be sharing?

If they are so "concerned" about China what are the doing about China, Russia, Turkey, Venezuela, and various assorted African and South American dodgy regimes.

Answer - not a lot really. And some get seats on nice UN committees too!

16 minutes ago, CGW said:

They don't have anything that other countries want.

Just look at North Korea. If North Korea would have big oil reserves other countries would have brought democracy long ago.

9 hours ago, Magenta408 said:

Canada should focus on all the problems it has back home and keep their noses out of other people's or countries' business. 

The speeches are always about Canadians this and Canadians that.

But it is coming entirely from Justin Trudeau, not from Canadians....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blazes said:

I'm not sure I'd want to live in a Stalinist state....

BUT

As a Canadian I am 100% angry at the refusal of the Canadian "government" to go in with the army and police to enforce the law of the country, to clear the blockades of the country's rail-lines,and get the country MOVING,  just because a small minority (less than 10!!!!) of hereditary Indian chiefs say they have not been consulted on a gas line in British Columbia.  This, despite the FACT that all the ELECTED chiefs of the same tribe have given their approval to the gas line AND the First Nations community in the disputed territory will be participants in the project.

Needless to say, the hereditary chiefs would not be listened to if it were not for the squawking of the baby middle-class in Vancouver and Victoria.  Which of course the local media are happy to report on night after night. 

When the Canadian government itself enforces the rule of law in its own country, then and only then should it go about telling other countries how to enforce the law.

Until then, Canada should just shut the fk up....

I suppose that if you were a native Canadian you may have a different view. If you had a treaty that granted you a plot of land that would be yours forever and ever after, then the government said well we didn't mean that you could prevent railways and pipelines from crossing your land. There was a 1.6 million litre oil spill in Saskatchewan recently after a train derailment. I wonder if the government would clean it, or pay to have it cleaned if it were native land? Let us assume that all the pipelines and tanker loads of oil reach the seaports and are loaded onto tanker ships, then 1.6 million litres of oil are spilled in the sea. Who pays, are the governments of Alberta and Saskatchewan willing to sign an agreement that they will pay for all environmental damage and cleanup? Nope, didn't think so. Alberta has already hatched a plan to separate from Canada, or alternatively attempt to steal part of northern B.C. so that they would have access to the port at Prince Rupert. I wonder if Alberta would approve of B.C. stealing the tar sands? As for the topic of whether Canada should express concern about human rights in Thailand, I'm proud to say they express concerns about China, Russia and many other countries. That's why we go wherever the UN goes but we didn't join the U S in Iraq.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Being openly pointed and laughed at by the global community is not a thing to be sneezed at.

Not in LOS, farangs don't understand - therefore what ever they say doesn't mean anything. 

36 minutes ago, ramrod711 said:

I suppose that if you were a native Canadian you may have a different view. If you had a treaty that granted you a plot of land that would be yours forever and ever after, then the government said well we didn't mean that you could prevent railways and pipelines from crossing your land. There was a 1.6 million litre oil spill in Saskatchewan recently after a train derailment. I wonder if the government would clean it, or pay to have it cleaned if it were native land? Let us assume that all the pipelines and tanker loads of oil reach the seaports and are loaded onto tanker ships, then 1.6 million litres of oil are spilled in the sea. Who pays, are the governments of Alberta and Saskatchewan willing to sign an agreement that they will pay for all environmental damage and cleanup? Nope, didn't think so. Alberta has already hatched a plan to separate from Canada, or alternatively attempt to steal part of northern B.C. so that they would have access to the port at Prince Rupert. I wonder if Alberta would approve of B.C. stealing the tar sands? As for the topic of whether Canada should express concern about human rights in Thailand, I'm proud to say they express concerns about China, Russia and many other countries. That's why we go wherever the UN goes but we didn't join the U S in Iraq.

Don't know whether to laugh or cry over this lot.

I'll confine myself to oil spills:  Georgraphy test:  name some of the busiest shipping lanes in the world.

Answer: the Straits of Hormuz and the Straits of Malacca.  (Maybe the English Channel?)

How many oil spills can you recall in any of those channels?

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, blazes said:

Don't know whether to laugh or cry over this lot.

I'll confine myself to oil spills:  Georgraphy test:  name some of the busiest shipping lanes in the world.

Answer: the Straits of Hormuz and the Straits of Malacca.  (Maybe the English Channel?)

How many oil spills can you recall in any of those channels?

If a spill is so unlikely, signing an agreement to pay for all damages shouldn't be a problem then. Problem solved.