Brand new motorcycle stolen from housewife in knife attack - she bought it earlier in the day

webfact

Brand new motorcycle stolen from housewife in knife attack - she bought it earlier in the day

2pm.jpg

Thai caption: Brand new vehicle stolen in knife attack

Picture: Sanook

A housewife in Pathum Thani north of Bangkok has told the media how she bought a brand new motorcycle on Friday afternoon only to have it stolen from her by two knife wielding robbers the very same evening.

Khamneung, 44, bought her Yamaha NMax at 1 pm - she had lost it by 8.40 pm.

She had been going to a convenience store when two men in full face helmets on a bike made her stop and produced a knife.

They drove off with her new purchase leaving her stranded on a bridge in Muang district.

In addition to the vehicle - as yet with no plates - there was 9,000 baht, house and pick-up keys and documents in a bag also stolen.

A man and his daughter helped her get to the police station and report the matter.

She went on Facebook to offer a 5,000 baht reward.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-24

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Gee....if you didn't know better,...you'd almost think the thieves have a friend who works at the Yamaha dealership.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A housewife in Pathum Thani north of Bangkok has told the media how she bought a brand new motorcycle on Friday afternoon only to have it stolen from her by two knife wielding robbers the very same evening.

Fishy?

I would, yes really I would love to see a post from an expat on TV saying this morning I picked up my new ( you name it car ) and four hours later at a set of lights someone jumped in the vehicle put a gun to my head and made me get out and drove off with my brand new vehicle.

How many expats are going to post on the lines of 'it sounds fishy' 'did you flash cash when you bought it' 'do you have a nephew' 

Amazing.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2020 at 5:43 PM, hotchilli said:
On 2/24/2020 at 8:53 AM, webfact said:

Fishy?

Why don't you believe her, what so "fishy"?  Because she's Thai, perhaps?

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:
8 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

B400-500k?  What?  In the context of the thread, I'm pretty sure that is rubbish.

I think the 400 to 800k he is dribbling about is the coin for retirement/marriage visa thingo.

Why would he be spouting that drivel here?

Edited by Just Weird

On 2/24/2020 at 4:46 PM, Scot123 said:

This will get far worse and as it does the more worried expats should get. 400,000~800,000 baht is a very tempting target. This is not rubbish as whole families have been murdered for far less (I remember reading a very sad case over 100,000baht (it may have been less)). 

Just inform the robbers that you do the income method! 

Problem solved. ????

20 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

The shameful Thaivisa chronic Thai-bashers are enjoying this woman's misfortune and appear to be blaming her.  I wonder why?

Only in your weird imagination.

Nobody's enjoying this woman's misfortune, perhaps you are obsessed with your own narrative.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1