refrigerator repair

gmmarvin

27 minutes ago, techno said:

Try Saha Panich (Toyota) on the Mae Rim. Its at the back of the electrical showroom

They do good work but check to see if they will service stuff they did not sell.  Heard something about that but not sure, it may be "service calls" not all service.

There is also a shop that does appliance repair and has done several good jobs for us.  Coming from Macro towards the center of Mae Rim, about 100 meters before the traffic light (three way to Mae Joe) on the left you will see a bunch of appliances like washing machines ... in front.

Edited by Dante99
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stament said:

Speaking of fridge repairs our freezer has an issue with the seal whereby when you close it you cannot reopen it for at least 30+ mins. Has anyone else cone across this. Apart from this the fridge freezer is perfect. 

This is not a problem at all. When you open the door, cold air pours out at the bottom and warmer air flows in to replace it. When the door is closed again that warm air is cooled and in doing so it contracts slightly (Boyle's Law, look it up) and sucks the door hard closed. The pressure on the inside is slightly less than that on the outside. Eventually, like you say after 30 mins or so, the pressures equalize and the door can be opened normally again.

That's it, science lesson over for the day. Have a good one.

4 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

This is not a problem at all. When you open the door, cold air pours out at the bottom and warmer air flows in to replace it. When the door is closed again that warm air is cooled and in doing so it contracts slightly (Boyle's Law, look it up) and sucks the door hard closed. The pressure on the inside is slightly less than that on the outside. Eventually, like you say after 30 mins or so, the pressures equalize and the door can be opened normally again.

That's it, science lesson over for the day. Have a good one.

But other freezers open so there is an issue. Your science lesson doesn't help ????

36 minutes ago, stament said:

But other freezers open so there is an issue. Your science lesson doesn't help ????

Two possible reasons. 1. The capacity of the freezer compartment is smaller, so the pressure differential is less noticeable. 2. The door seal on the freezer is not as good as that on the fridge so the pressure equalizes much quicker. Either way this is not a problem worth worrying about.

Does that help? ????

P. S. Mine's the same and has been for 5 years. I've not lost any sleep over it yet.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Two possible reasons. 1. The capacity of the freezer compartment is smaller, so the pressure differential is less noticeable. 2. The door seal on the freezer is not as good as that on the fridge so the pressure equalizes much quicker. Either way this is not a problem worth worrying about.

Does that help? ????

Will contact Samsung. From Google searches seems to be. a common issue.

1 minute ago, stament said:

Will contact Samsung. From Google searches seems to be. a common issue.

Don't be surprised if they tell you the same thing. (although they might not mention Boyle)

Have a nice day.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stament said:

Speaking of fridge repairs our freezer has an issue with the seal whereby when you close it you cannot reopen it for at least 30+ mins. Has anyone else cone across this. Apart from this the fridge freezer is perfect. 

How often do you feel the urge o open/check out the freezer compartment? :unsure:

9 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

How often do you feel the urge o open/check out the freezer compartment? :unsure:

When I first open it, it's fine to take something out for example. 5 mins later when I want to put something back in, I'm unable to. I've googled this it appears that it's more common than you would think. Annoying all the same especially with ice cream.

• Like 1