Three major new motorways set to be built in central Thailand starting next year

webfact

Three major new motorways set to be built in central Thailand starting next year

3pm.jpg

Thai caption: Nakhon Pathom to Cha-Am 79 billion baht motorway

Picture: Sanook

Thai media has reported that three new motorways and extensions will be given the go ahead by the government this year with building expected to start next year.

Top of the list is the 119 kilometer new motorway from Nakhon Pathom to Cha-Am that will cost 79 billion baht.

Sanook reported that PPP (Public Private Partnerships) are being discussed to pay for the route.

The other two in the pipeline are the 15 kilometer Bang Khun Thian to Ban Phraew extension costing 32 billion baht.

And a major new extension in the north of Bangkok that will see the elevated tollway extended 18 kilometers past Rangsit to Bang Pa-In at a cost of 28 billion baht.

All three are among six proposals for motorway sections and are expected to get government approval this year ahead of commencement of building in 2021, reported Sanook quoting highways department officials.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-24

5 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

More infrastructure promises. How's the high-speed train to China coming on?

Or do we need to wait for the PM when cornered questioned, to conveniently claim it's on hold due to Coronavirus? Despite the fact that so far I can only find that the '3km test track' near Kaeng Khoi is the only track being laid.

Don't forget - it will be up and running by the end of this year...

Is that the Kunming to Singapore one that will be completed in phases and be in operation starting 2021 and finished 2030 ?

33 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Is that the Kunming to Singapore one that will be completed in phases and be in operation starting 2021 and finished 2030 ?

I'm not sure if the Malaysia/Singapore dream is still ongoing? I think I read that Malaysia said that it would not generate enough income to pay for itself and are no longer interested?

I'm willing to be corrected on that part of the dream.

57 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

More infrastructure promises. How's the high-speed train to China coming on?

Or do we need to wait for the PM when cornered questioned, to conveniently claim it's on hold due to Coronavirus? Despite the fact that so far I can only find that the '3km test track' near Kaeng Khoi is the only track being laid.

Don't forget - it will be up and running by the end of this year...

Maybe you need to get out more as there are infrastructure projects going on all over the country.

Major projects in Bangkok alone. Was just in Chiang Mai saw at least 10 different road projects.

They may be slow but they are in fact spending money making an attempt at this.

But then again, comes hypocrisy from many who in fact complain about the traffic delays created by the construction.  So, what is it some need to make up their minds...

Edited by bkk6060

12 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Maybe you need to get out more as there are infrastructure projects going on all over the country.

Major projects in Bangkok alone. Was just in Chiang Mai saw at least 10 different road projects.

They may be slow but they are in fact spending money making an attempt at this.

But then again, comes hypocrisy from many who in fact complain about the traffic delays created by the construction.  So, what is it some need to make up their minds...

I was referring to the high-speed train, as it was specifically promised to start in 2021:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1016957-construction-bids-for-high-speed-train-project-in-coordination-with-china-to-be-completed-in-2018/

[Text below quoted from the link above]

"THE government has set a new target to call for construction bids for the Bt179-billion, 252-kilometre Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima high-speed railway by the end of next year, according to Transport Minister Arkhom Termpittay-apaisith.

Arkhom said a total of 13 construction contracts for the Bangkok-Nakhon Ratchasima route would be open for bidding in 2018 so that construction could be completed and the system become operational in 2021."

• Like 1

rode my motorcycle through the nightmare of construction on the highway south of Pattaya on the way to Koh Chang.

and then again in a minibus two months later. that is when i really missed my motorcycle. 

i wish they would just finish the road construction they have started everywhere. 

and the frickin' dual track train.

slow as molasses.

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

rode my motorcycle through the nightmare of construction on the highway south of Pattaya on the way to Koh Chang.

and then again in a minibus two months later. that is when i really missed my motorcycle. 

i wish they would just finish the road construction they have started everywhere. 

and the frickin' dual track train.

slow as molasses.

Who are Mol, and why are their asses so slow?

5 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

The government could crow as much as they want if the highways were funded from general revenue and toll free but I see nothing to crow about if it's a toll road.....

So you are saying that people that don't travel, don't own a car, etc should fund highways? Toll roads are paid for by the people that use them. What is wrong with that?

Why is everything to do with infrastructure in Thailand come packaged as another Motorway

What about clean, and sanitary water supplies to people.

What about clean air to breath

What about safe and environmentally friendly waste disposal

The list goes on and on

A Third World Country with Motorways and the Internet ( sometimes )

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Why is everything to do with infrastructure in Thailand come packaged as another Motorway

What about clean, and sanitary water supplies to people.

What about clean air to breath

What about safe and environmentally friendly waste disposal

The list goes on and on

A Third World Country with Motorways and the Internet ( sometimes )

Reminds me of LMK:

1 hour ago, toolpush said:

So you are saying that people that don't travel, don't own a car, etc should fund highways? Toll roads are paid for by the people that use them. What is wrong with that?

Toll roads are constructed using existing money, not from future income.

This simple system allows a dual payment for organisers - first from the construction contracts and secondly from the toll income.

9 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Always count on the Thai army, to NOT improve life for the masses. Apathy at best. Contempt for the common man, at worst. 

You are criticising a 'Diety' such as God or Buddha here. The Thai Army is now 'sacred'

In recent news: I quote:

In this Friday, Jan. 18, 2019, file photo, Thai army chief Gen. Apirat Kongsompong reviews the guard of honor during the Royal Thai Armed Forces Day ceremony at a military base in Bangkok, Thailand. Photo: Sakchai Lalit / Associated Press
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fads5.matichon.co.

Reforming the Thai army is much easier said than done. After all, the current army chief Gen Apirat Kongsompong himself called the Royal Thai Army a “sacred” organization, setting the tone of whatever debate the society may have.

When someone wants an organization to be treated as sacred, it’s often because they want it to be above criticism, accepting neither scrutiny nor accountability. These days, even the Vatican is no longer sacred because it can be openly criticized, yet Apirat said last week that people shouldn’t criticize the army because it’s a sacred organization.

The full article here:

19 hours ago, kensawadee said:

You are criticising a 'Diety' such as God or Buddha here. The Thai Army is now 'sacred'

In recent news: I quote:

In this Friday, Jan. 18, 2019, file photo, Thai army chief Gen. Apirat Kongsompong reviews the guard of honor during the Royal Thai Armed Forces Day ceremony at a military base in Bangkok, Thailand. Photo: Sakchai Lalit / Associated Press
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fads5.matichon.co.

Reforming the Thai army is much easier said than done. After all, the current army chief Gen Apirat Kongsompong himself called the Royal Thai Army a “sacred” organization, setting the tone of whatever debate the society may have.

When someone wants an organization to be treated as sacred, it’s often because they want it to be above criticism, accepting neither scrutiny nor accountability. These days, even the Vatican is no longer sacred because it can be openly criticized, yet Apirat said last week that people shouldn’t criticize the army because it’s a sacred organization.

The full article here:

Such hyperbolic nonsense. Apirat may consider himself to be God, but we consider him, and nearly all of the top ranked generals to be toxic human waste. If you tell the masses something often enough, some will start to believe it. Although, in this day and age of social media, the rules have changed for the army. I trust their power will be short lived. Call me optimistic, but I see change a coming.