Thailand's tourism minister: Everything will be fine after Songkran - the hot weather will blow the virus away!

webfact

5 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

From the article I posted a  link for: (my emphasis)

A new finding may account for why the flu virus is more infectious in cold winter temperatures than during the warmer months. At winter temperatures, the virus's outer covering, or envelope, hardens to a rubbery gel that could shield the virus as it passes from person to person, the researchers have found. At warmer temperatures, however, the protective gel melts to a liquid phase. But this liquid phase apparently isn't tough enough to protect the virus against the elements, and so the virus loses its ability to spread from person to person.

If it's in aerosol or droplets the droplet must dry out first. One thing that works for sure is UV light and Thailand does have plenty of sun. Except for the BKK mall vampires that are pretty much in optimal condition to get infected.

Edited by DrTuner

55 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

And in Thailand it's the opposite, people cram into air conditioned malls in the hot season. Not unusual to get a cold here when it's over 35 outside.

My physician has told me that they are just now rolling out the vaccine for the new flu season and told me to get my shot in March or April for when the peak hits, when rainy season hits. I guess the same principle is at work. When it rains people tend to group up indoors rather than outside.

2 hours ago, richard10365 said:

Actually, there is some historical truth to his assumptions. Google it. However, what happens above the equator may not necessarily happen below the equator.

Yes, but this bright Minister is unaware of the fact that the weather is NEVER cold in Thailand. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BKKrichard said:

Under control?

Let's start at the basics.

Where can you get yourself tested?

If you really need to know, it may be too late. Get a face mask (to stop spreading it) and a case of Lao Kao (to at least go out with a bang).

Edited by bergan
Spelling

3 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

This character is a complete and utter charlatan

He needs to be expunged from society

The people running this country (into the ground) are absolutely the dreggs of humanity

Can't imagine there is a more hopeless set of sub humans governing any country in the whole world

All true but I think you need better imagination