Are there smaller marriage brokers in Thailand for farangs?

blueeyesboss

I am interested in finding a Thai wife. I have tried online dating sites and I've thought of using an online marriage broker. I can't fly there before September. However I have a personal preference that might require someone in Thailand who can be my concierge/finder to help me in my search.

So now I'm looking for a personalized marriage broker / personal assistant / concierge. I am at a loss as to how to find such a person.

Anybody have any ideas if such services even exist, and if so how do I find them?

First I need to point out that when my father died in 2000 - I suffered a little with depression. He left me a few thousand quid and I joined an expensive Thai bride finding agency - yes, I was maybe a bit daft, but lonely too with no other family after his death. First thing I can say is that ALL intermediaries tell half truths - single never married usually means two kids but never married. I met a few ladies and married one (BTS worker) - took her back to blighty and promptly divorced her for fraud with the UK banks 2 years later. (and there was much rejoicing as Python would say).

Now, in June 2015 again feeling a little lonely one Sunday afternoon I joined Thai friendly , really just looking for a pen pal, nothing really serious. Met a school teacher from Nan, wrote every day, flew out to meet her in August, married her in September, rented out my UK house and moved to Thailand in November same year. Been together 5 years, 1 daughter, and very happy. Most suited person I think I have ever met and great mom to our daughter - rare thing a thai with a good brain. Also I am NOT 40 years older than her !! (if you get my drift)

Now, I write this as a warning and hope. Warning : trust nobody introducing you to a Thai woman unless you know the person doing the introductions and trust them. Hope : You do NOT have to use an introduction agency to find the right person, but you will have to find your own way and fight through loads of fakes, gold diggers and hookers - probably the same people the introduction agency would introduce to you anyway.

And for those about to comment about why buy a book when there is a lending library - I read a lot of Thai books shall we say between the years of 2004 and 2015 !

Edited by RichardColeman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

First I need to point out that when my father died in 2000 - I suffered a little with depression. He left me a few thousand quid and I joined an expensive Thai bride finding agency - yes, I was maybe a bit daft, but lonely too with no other family after his death. First thing I can say is that ALL intermediaries tell half truths - single never married usually means two kids but never married. I met a few ladies and married one (BTS worker) - took her back to blighty and promptly divorced her for fraud with the UK banks 2 years later. (and there was much rejoicing as Python would say).

Now, in June 2015 again feeling a little lonely one Sunday afternoon I joined Thai friendly , really just looking for a pen pal, nothing really serious. Met a school teacher from Nan, wrote every day, flew out to meet her in August, married her in September, rented out my UK house and moved to Thailand in November same year. Been together 5 years, 1 daughter, and very happy. Most suited person I think I have ever met and great mom to our daughter - rare thing a thai with a good brain. Also I am NOT 40 years older than her !! (if you get my drift)

Now, I write this as a warning and hope. Warning : trust nobody introducing you to a Thai woman unless you know the person doing the introductions and trust them. Hope : You do NOT have to use an introduction agency to find the right person, but you will have to find your own way and fight through loads of fakes, gold diggers and hookers - probably the same people the introduction agency would introduce to you anyway.

And for those about to comment about why buy a book when there is a lending library - I read a lot of Thai books shall we say between the years of 2004 and 2015 !

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and giving me sage advice! Every paragraph contains information that is pure gold that I will keep in mind whilst I pursue my Thai dream (I only wish I knew what my next action should be!)

The wife and I ran a free introductions service for 5 years or so back before everybody had a smart phone and/or an email account.
We focused on our local community, as we could know the nitty-gritty of the ladies putting themselves forward.

The majority of guys that joined were 'players', and soon lost interest when they realised that they had to go through me.
We did put a few happy couples together and could write a hilarious book on the kind of things that happened.

I doubt that you will find anyone offering a paid service to be any better than DIY via the plethora of web-site based offerings.

Guys that are happily married here usually know ladies looking for a foreign husband, as others have said, so you could look towards striking up a relationship with a few and see what comes up.

Hi OP.
Best bet would be a Farang/Thai couple, married for 10 years or more. They know female-candidates (Family/Village population). They know about the character of the Ladies. They know how they have lead their lives so far. They know about "Family-Circumstances" of all the Ladies in the village. = Very important.       
A village lady with a good reputation, not related to the Farang/Thai matchmaking couple is always preferrable. To verify the financial situation of the Lady is essential in any case. (Thus avoiding to serve as a "fresh-money-supplier" to a Family-Clan that is hopelessly indepted.)
Of course, if you are new to Thailand, you may not have much access to Farang/Thai couples yet.
---------
Other than that, every Motorbike-Taxi guy can supply you with any number of interested Ladies within 10 minutes.
This too can work, as long as you explain to the Lady, that marriage and other commitements will take place 2 years from now, and not before. If the Lady agrees and during this time YOU and the Lady behave, you may have found what you were looking for.
----------------
But best way to go is still: Hang around in Thailand for six months! After this time, your matrimonial desires may have evaporated altogether.
Good luck!

I found my future wife in a cloth market in Loei 40+ years ago.  Hired her to do my laundry and the rest is history.  Over the years she's showed me a few pics of eligible gals - relatives, acquaintances, etc.  I just couldn't see getting good trade-in value for my daily driver.  As others have mentioned, Farang/Thai couples with local knowledge can be helpful. 

If you ever get to Loei, look up my wife's younger sister.  She deals part-time in second-hand stuff and junk.  Maybe she could get you a good deal.  She has pretty good taste.  Her place is not hard to find:

image.jpeg.8e59b22f8a3cea8c775c45e13c788e50.jpeg