India set to dazzle Trump with pomp and circumstance as trade rows fester

webfact

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Do you know which Indian cities they will be moving to ?

This will probably be on the news soon .

"Apple relocates to India" 

That's what is being negotiated. India has not been too cooperative thus far. The new deals will be made to get out of China. 

Apple made a few low budget phones in India in the past.

Edited by Cryingdick

3 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

That's what is being negotiated. India has not been too cooperative thus far. The new deals will be made to get out of China. 

Apple made a few low budget phones in India in the past.

Why is Trump involved in Apples relocation to India ?

What is his role ?

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Why is Trump involved in Apples relocation to India ?

What is his role ?

Wasn't he just in India? He is in contact with Tim Cook, who is a great CEO. Tim Cook engages Trump and gets paid off for it. One of the brightest minds of our generation.

29 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Manufacturing deals that move American factories out of China. Just for a start. 

But first Trump has to untie the nasty trade tariffs that resulted in retaliatory response from India and the preferential trade program that has escalated tension between both countries. All his doings. He is there to clean up his mess. 

2 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Wasn't he just in India? He is in contact with Tim Cook, who is a great CEO. Tim Cook engages Trump and gets paid off for it. One of the brightest minds of our generation.

Dont you mean Tim Apple.

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

But first Trump has to untie the nasty trade tariffs that resulted in retaliatory response from India and the preferential trade program that has escalated tension between both countries. All his doings. He is there to clean up his mess. 

It has to start somewhere.

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Trump is working for Apple and is in India to negotiate Apples relocation from China to India ?

4 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It has to start somewhere.

He wouldn’t get any deal this trip. It is a healing and mending of relationship trip. On India part, they got a boost with Trump presence to balance the military threat from China. He may get some military deals though. He will claim that as a resounding trip success. 

2 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Name a bigger event held at that stadium. Trump had a better turn out than Ghandi.

Was Gandhi ever at that stadium?
We know he was not, as it was not built during his life, so your comparison is a Trump comparison of the "biggest",mmmm

Edited by RJRS1301

On 2/24/2020 at 7:13 AM, Emdog said:

Good to see Modi can't get facts straight just like his guest. Sign says "World's oldest democracy meets world's largest democracy".

Formed in 930 AD by the Vikings, the Althing, which is the name of the government of Iceland, has 63 members. Though it is an old democracy, it is considered to be the oldest and longest running parliament on Earth.

Close enough?

Clearly not too bright

Mr Modi does not make street signs. He is the Prime Minister, not a sign maker.

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Trump is working for Apple and is in India to negotiate Apples relocation from China to India ?

Apple manufacturing is primarily outsourced to Foxcomm (Taiwan company), so one imagines Foxcomm will be doing the negotiating, likely with some pressure from the trump administration on India to offer some extra concessions. Be interesting to see how China reacts with the outstanding trade deals to be finalised. Foxcomm commenced manufacturing in India prior to trump coming to power, more info below...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-08-29/apple-iphone-amazon-echo-production-moving-from-china-to-india

47 minutes ago, toast1 said:

Clearly not too bright

Mr Modi does not make street signs. He is the Prime Minister, not a sign maker.

Are you referring to me being not too bright, or whom? Could not tell from the sign who put sign up, perhaps municipality. I doubt design and message were left up to whatever sign maker felt like. I assume someone down the political food chain had to okay the sign. This is not some street protest sign. Permits etc required. But you are correct, Mr Modi is not a sign maker

I read where 100,000 people from India turned out for this Trump rally.

The Trump haters are going to have to do some serious mental gymnastics now to convince themselves Trump is racist and his supporters are only old white guys in trailer parks, etc.

Edited by Kelsall

20 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

The Trump haters are going to have to do some serious mental gymnastics now to convince themselves Trump is racist and his supporters are only old white guys in trailer parks, etc.

The vast majority of Indian Americans vote against 45 so the fact that 45 gets a crowd in India of non-U.S. citizens means nothing.

This kind of reminds me of 45's massive popularity in Israel and massive unpopularity among American Jews.

Cheers

Edited by Jingthing
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Trump is a Nationalist in a similar mode to Modi, so no surprise Modi supporters turned out for trump.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Free merch, bussed in probably, and Modi more important than Trump at the stadium.

I do not think you can link the turn out in India with anything to do with POTUS back in USA.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Kelsall said:

12 hours ago, simple1 said:

Trump is a Nationalist in a similar mode to Modi, so no surprise Modi supporters turned out for trump.

56 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Free merch, bussed in probably, and Modi more important than Trump at the stadium.

I do not think you can link the turn out in India with anything to do with POTUS back in USA.

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The vast majority of Indian Americans vote against 45 so the fact that 45 gets a crowd in India of non-U.S. citizens means nothing.

This kind of reminds me of 45's massive popularity in Israel and massive unpopularity among American Jews.

Cheers

As I said. ????????????

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 5:14 AM, davehowden said:

"has been fascinated with the idea of going to India since his visit to Houston, aides said."

So is India like Houston then ??

No, it's the other way around. Houston is like India.

16 hours ago, Kelsall said:

So this trip by Trump was all about virtue signalling his racial tolerance? Same as with giving the majority of green card applications and H1Bs to Indians?

• Like 1