BANGKOK
webfact

Hua Hin Airport expansion to help transform sleepy resort into a truly international tourist destination

Been to Hua Hin, absolutely detest the place. First thing they should do is eliminate the taxi mafia which ensure taxi rides cost ten times the going rate in the rest of the country. It's also a very spread out place with very little to see and do. The whores are very loud and obnoxious. 

Good fish, but that's about it.

On 2/24/2020 at 2:38 PM, Jimbo2014 said:

Im just back from Hua Hin and can hardly breath.  Pollution level is 160 there today.  Disgrace.!

Still fresh if you come from Beijing😉  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Felt 35 said:

We say what is the AQI today but do we really sit down and think about it now and then. Below is one of thousand scary facts about air pollution and how it affect us daily.:sad:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20190415-how-air-pollution-is-doing-more-than-killing-us

Having five children and being old and chesty, I've had to think about it. Hence my investment in an AQI monitor, an air purifier and my endless nags on this forum about the filthy air on the "Gulf Riviera".

And while we're on the subject . . . 

Nobody, except a handful of "conspiracy theorists", seems to be talking about it, but pneumonia is one of the symptoms of COVID-19. The lung disease was endemic in Wuhan long before the city was named as the source of a new virus outbreak. It has been the scene of public protests - unusual for China - against the perennially polluted air.

Interestingly, the Chinese are diagnosing new cases of corona virus infection not with blood or serum tests, but via lung scans. Makes yer think. . . 

Edited by Krataiboy

Hua Hin is no longer a sleeping resort. Hasn't been for many years now. It was 20 years ago, when there was only one traffic light, and noting between the airport and the train station. How about expanding the infrastructure, making roads wider, before expanding the airport.

First of all there is little that is sleepy about Hua Hin. Second, they have been talking about this airport expansion for years. They actually did expand the runway some time ago, at considerable expense, and then nothing happened. This is the most underutilized airport in SE ASIA! It is an abomination, and a stain on the face of the administration. It is perfectly located for a regional airport. Use the place. Just do it, and stop the incessant and mindless jabbering. 

While they are at it, they need to get serious about at least two more things. The high speed rail, that will link Surat with BKK, and a few points in between, including HH. And the air quality in HH, which is dreadful. This stunningly incompetent administration has it's work cut out for it and I have some news for Prayuth. Doing nothing is not working. And you need to resign. Yesterday. 

Posted (edited)

Before bragging for the airport, how about putting proper pedestrian crossing lights (that work) ?

Crossing the roads in HH, mainly in downtown in the Burger King, Clock Tower etc area is a deadly game and I always wondered how the elderly who cannot run for it, manage ?

And how about offering a bhat bus route that runs from downtown to the other areas westbound ?

Edited by observer90210

Posted (edited)
On 2/24/2020 at 2:38 PM, Jimbo2014 said:

Im just back from Hua Hin and can hardly breath.  Pollution level is 160 there today.  Disgrace.!

<deleted>. I was considering HH as an escape from Chiang Mai during the burning season - maybe have to go further south ... suggestions for clean air in TH welcome. (my thai partner wants to get out of chiang mai but stay in TH during the first few months of the year while the smoke is on)

Edited by sarwardee
my previous Q has been answered by me reading more posts

On 2/24/2020 at 2:40 PM, Canuck1966 said:

I'm in Cha am today, lovely fresh mountain air about 8 clicks from the beach.

Ive been to Cha Am 3x and the water was unswimmable due to blue bottles. Are they in the water all year round?

On 2/24/2020 at 3:11 PM, Misab said:

It was in both Cha-Am and Hua Hin this morning about 175 

If you don't trust the apps just look at the mountains, this morning you could easy see how dirty the air is.  Properly from burning, it goes a little down in the afternoon but raise again during the night. The morning air is here very unhealthy.  

What A Shame. Birdlife will disappear. 

Great news.

The Chinese and many others will fly directly there.

No need to come to Pattaya as wonderful beaches in HH.

They will love it so much, what a fantastic economic boom for HH. 

Congratulations!