BANGKOK
Coastman63

Savannakhet NON O Visa, multiple entry, based on marriage to a Thai national, application on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 - Report

That sucks. I have never had a woman officer at that window. I wonder if it was just because of her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But you did get your visa?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/24/2020 at 11:26 AM, Coastman63 said:

The counter lady then asked for a copy of the marriage certificate that shows her maiden name ie not just the normal Kor 3 ie the white one with flowery border but the brown one.

Would a Western marriage license, in English (er, American) have sufficed? Ubonjoe?

17 minutes ago, JimGant said:

Would a Western marriage license, in English (er, American) have sufficed? Ubonjoe?

Yes they will accept a foreign marriage certificate that is in English or a translation of it if not in English.

@ubonjoe could you please detail the official Thai numeration for the two documents that the OP references as 'white one with flowery border' and 'the brown one'? Just for clarity going forward here.

Thanks!

NL

4 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

@ubonjoe could you please detail the official Thai numeration for the two documents that the OP references as 'white one with flowery border' and 'the brown one'? Just for clarity going forward here.

Thanks!

NL

The fancy one with flowers on it a Kor Ror 3. There is also a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry. I assume the brown one is a name change certificate given when his wife changed her name.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The fancy one with flowers on it a Kor Ror 3. There is also a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry. I assume the brown one is a name change certificate given when his wife changed her name.

Thanks for that. I don' recall Mrs NL getting a bit of paper of any color when she changed her ID card all those happy years ago but I will check. Maybe what appeared to be a simple bit of bureaucratic paper excess has more importance these days. I wonder if her name changes somewhere in the blue book that she's supposed to sign a copy of? Maybe copying/signing the two pages that show the name change would work if she was in absentia or didn't have a bespoke change-of-name certificate.

37 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Thanks for that. I don' recall Mrs NL getting a bit of paper of any color when she changed her ID card all those happy years ago but I will check.

Mine did not get one when we registered our marriage. She had no choice about the name change since it was mandatory then (before 2002 when the act requiring it was changed).

We also never had a Kor Ror 2 until she got one at a Amphoe when immigration asked for it the first time.

I was married 8 years ago they gave name change certificate out then.

Never had to use is yet but will be coming with me next visa run to Savannakhet. Another piece of paper to carry🤔🤔 it's not brown though

IMG_20200227_162532.jpg

Edited by fourpack
  • Like 2

Going next month. Married in April 2003 but didn't get a name change certificate. Can we get one at the Amphur? Has anyone done this yet?

But did you actually have to take your wife? that's new if so...

I was asked to show the same document (certificate of name change) last year in Saigon but they did not ask for a copy. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Thanks 1

The male official when I went in December didn't ask about my wife or if I had a change of name document for my wife.

Ominous signs creeping in at Savan... perhaps.