BANGKOK
Jingthing

Shopping for a midrange but not Samsung or Apple smartphone now!

I just bought Umidigi F2 for me and xiomi note 8 for my wife.
Both are excellent. Identical prices according to the merchants, Xiomi a little better for the services (fluidity, download...). Superior front camera and battery at Umidigi.
So a draw.

Regarding the screen I tested at the same time Nano screen protect. It works perfectly for me.

Prices range from $ 20 to almost nothing for an identical product. I found 15 baht at Shoppee and therefore ordered a lot to share with friends.  https://shopee.co.th/product/175756783/5406483523

Nano.png

• Thanks 1

Both of these should be available fairly soon in Thailand, with the Realme6 being first:

Any decent mid range phones with wireless charging ?

On 2/25/2020 at 8:43 AM, schondie said:

I bought an Oukitel K6000 Pro a few years ago after a recommendation from another TV member. The phone cost about 6000 baht from Geekbuying or similar website. When it's time for me to buy a replacement, I'm buying the Oukitel K7 (around 4400 baht) as it's got a massive battery and doesn't come preloaded with loads of useless apps.

the k7 look very promising, do you happen to know max internal RAM capacity ?

asus rog phone 2 should according to spec have 8 gb ram

and 4k to 10k mah battery.

if it does, 8k baht is a very good deal,

on the few occasions i bother to use my phone

its complaining my memory is insufficient,

and i get a list to select from which apps i should delete in order

to update an app that otherwise wont work any longer,

its an never ending farce

On 2/27/2020 at 6:16 AM, Jingthing said:

The Realme XP doesn't seem to be available in Thailand but the XP Pro (much more expensive) does.

So now I'm strongly considering the Realme 5 Pro which appears to meet all my needs plus it's splashproof which is unusual in this price level.

https://www.gsmarena.com/realme_5_pro-9801.php

It's got more camera than I need but that's OK. 

As I said I don't play games so really don't need higher end specs.

My current older phone at 3 gb ram and 32 storage has been working fine for me.

So I'd have a choice of the Realme 5 pro of 4 gb ram, 128 storage OR the same storage with 8 gb ram.

Not sure if there's any reason to pay extra for the 8 gb ram but it doesn't seem so. 

Here is the network stuff:

im following your wish list*tks!). Dont you consider having the network range provided by VOLTE a necessity, for the future?

5 minutes ago, paddypower said:

im following your wish list*tks!). Dont you consider having the network range provided by VOLTE a necessity, for the future?

For me not really. 

I'm pretty much decided on the realme 6.

I did compare to the also new redme note 9 and it's still the realme 6 for me. 

It's not yet in stores the last I checked but I was quoted a price of 8k baht with 8 gb 128 which sounds good to me. 

• Like 1

I would like to say that since your a very basic type of guy why even bother with a smart phone, dont know what you got against Apple or Samsung but my experience with cheap anything is...its cheap and nasty and often dont go the distance....I would recommend that you just get a land line put in that would serve you well.....

On the other hand double your budget and at least get something decent, since im not a fan of Android though I love the Samsung Note I cant recommend you anything though I have friends who do like there Android phones, most of my close friends and family all use Apple and we keep coming back to Apple every time so thats telling you something....

I did buy 2 Android phones with duel sim for travel, the first was a $AU300 job I loathed and a Chinese branded one, that was given away as I was totally disgusted with it...then a mate based in BKK use to rave about his Samsung prime j7 so I bout it for 9000B in BKK, I used on my following trip only to hate it even more than the Chinese phone, my daughters has it now.....If your into cheap phones you dont know what your missing out on, and the excuse you dont need a high end phone dont wash with most people...There just a better experience full stop.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

If you can handle a locked phone, iPhone 7 can be had for 1,900 at True.

I still like the Realme 6 but now no rush to buy it. I was going to buy it in a mall. Closed. My urgent need to buy a new phone was based on my currently weak battery. But as like much of the world now I'm not going out much or at all, I don't have any problem keeping it charged. 

I have a brand new Xiaomi 9T and a brand new Xiaomi 9T Pro. We got them as gifts and don't need them. Both immaculate and still factory wrapped. 

Specs:
Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front, glass back;
Display: 6.39" AMOLED, notch-free, 2,340x1,080px resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 402ppi; HDR 10 and DCI-P3 compliant.
Triple rear camera: Wide - 48MP f/1.8, 1/2", 0.8µm pixel size, PDAF; Telephoto - 8MP, f/2.4, 1.12µm pixel size, 2x zoom; Ultra-wide - 13MP, f/2.4, 1.12µm pixel size; 2160p@30fps.
Front camera: Motorized pop-up 20MP, 0.8µm pixel size, f/2.2; 1080p/30fps video recording; drop detection.

Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730: octa-core CPU (2x2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 470 Silver), Adreno 618 GPU.

Memory: 6GB RAM; 128GB ROM.
Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Po (sealed); 18W fast charging.
Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 4-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.15/13 (800Mbps/150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; dual-band GPS; Bluetooth 5.0
Misc: Under-display fingerprint reader; single down-firing speaker; 3.5mm jack
And an extra thin plastic case for extra protection for the glass back

Carbon Black

Give them to you for 7000 each.

xiaomi-9T-combo.jpg

22 hours ago, Tariya said:

I have a brand new Xiaomi 9T and a brand new Xiaomi 9T Pro. We got them as gifts and don't need them. Both immaculate and still factory wrapped. 

Specs:
Body: Aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front, glass back;
Display: 6.39" AMOLED, notch-free, 2,340x1,080px resolution, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 402ppi; HDR 10 and DCI-P3 compliant.
Triple rear camera: Wide - 48MP f/1.8, 1/2", 0.8µm pixel size, PDAF; Telephoto - 8MP, f/2.4, 1.12µm pixel size, 2x zoom; Ultra-wide - 13MP, f/2.4, 1.12µm pixel size; 2160p@30fps.
Front camera: Motorized pop-up 20MP, 0.8µm pixel size, f/2.2; 1080p/30fps video recording; drop detection.

Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730: octa-core CPU (2x2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 470 Silver), Adreno 618 GPU.

Memory: 6GB RAM; 128GB ROM.
Battery: 4,000mAh Li-Po (sealed); 18W fast charging.
Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE-A, 4-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.15/13 (800Mbps/150Mbps); USB-C; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; dual-band GPS; Bluetooth 5.0
Misc: Under-display fingerprint reader; single down-firing speaker; 3.5mm jack
And an extra thin plastic case for extra protection for the glass back

Carbon Black

Give them to you for 7000 each.

xiaomi-9T-combo.jpg

Hi,

if im correct the 9t pro is K20 as global version right?

could you please check it? (especiall what LTE Bands)

If yes interested in 9T Pro.

Are you in Bangkok?

Hi.

Yes, it is Global.

Here are the complete specs, the bands in bold.

Operating System: MIUI 10
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, Octa core, 2.84GHz, GPU: Adreno 640
RAM: 6GB
ROM: 64GB
Display    Screen Type: AMOLED Capacitive screen
Screen Size: 6.39 inch
Screen Resolution: FHD+ (2340×1080 pixels) screen display
Network    Wireless Connectiveity: GSM, 3G, 4G, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth
Frequency:
2G GSM B2/B3/B5/B8,
3G WCDMA B1/B2/B5/B8,
4G FDD-LTE B1/B3/B5/B7/B8/B20, TDD-LTE B38/B40

Bluetooth: Yes
WiFi: Yes
GPS: GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo
Camera    Camera Type: One front Three back
Back Camera: 48.0MP+8.0MP+13.0MP
Front Camera: 20.0MP
Video Recording: Yes
Connectivity    SIM Card Slot: Dual Nano SIM Card Dual standby(2 Nano Sim Card)
TF Card Slot: N/A
USB Slot: Type-C USB
Audio Output: Yes
Microphone: Supported
Speaker: Supported
Media    Video Format: 3GP, MP4, RMVB
Audio Format: WAV, AMR, MP3
Image Format: GIF, JPEG, BMP, PNG
FM Radio: N/A
Language    
Afrikaans, Bahasa Indonesia, Bahasa Melayu, Bulgarian, Bulgarian, Deutsch, English(Austrlia), English(Canada), English(India),English(New Zealand), English(Singapore), English(United Kingdom), English(United States), English(Denmark), English(Finnland), English(Germany), English(Ireland), Espanol(Espana), Espanol(Estados Unidos), French, Italiano, Magyar, Hravatski, Nederlands, Uzbekistan, Polish, Portuguese(Brasil), Portuguese(Portugal), Romana,Slovencina, Slovenscina, Suomi, Svenska, Vietnamese, Turkish, Czech, Russian, Ukrainian, Greek, Hindi,  Thai, Arabic,  Hebrew, Korean, Japanese, Traditional/Simplified Chinese

Sensor    Distance sensor, ambient light sensor, acceleration sensor, gyroscope, electronic compass
Additional Features    4G, WIFI, GPS, Bluetooth,Gesture Sensing,Smart Wake, Ebook, Email,Messaging, wallpapers, calendar, calculator,clock, camera, tethering & portable hotspot, fast charge, Type-C, Google Play Store, etc
Battery    Battery Type: Lithium
Capacity: 4000mAh(typ)/3900mAh(min) Built-in
Standby Time: About 2~3 days
Charger: USB, travel charger
Dimension & Weight (Main Product)    Dimension: 156.7 x 74.3 x 8.8mm
Weight: 191g
Package Contents    
1 × Phone
1 × Built-in Battery
1 × Type-C Cable
1 × Eject Pin
1 × Case
1 × User Manual
1 × EU Power Adapter (A right AC Adapter will be sent as your shipping country)

Sorry, I'm in Pattaya. PM me if you're interested.