Residence Certificate, Notification form for house master.

Hi,

Last week i went for driving licence (based on my home country licence) and everything was fine until they noticed my work permit address.

My work permit only show province name, not showing complete address of company., then Land transport department told to bring residence certificate.

My apartment owner made the notification for house master before 6 months while i holding a Non O visa, after that i moved to Non B visa (got it from home country) and i traveled abroad 3 times. But i still stay in the same apartment.

So the house master notification is still valid?

the online notification is available and can i register on behalf of my apartment owner?

Thank you for the help.

18 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You need a residence certificate which can be obtained from immigration.

House master notification is TM30 reporting, a different issue.

You can only get a residence certificate from immigration if you've done 90 day reporting.

Like you I travel, so although I live here, I couldn't get one.

If you haven't done any 90 day reporting you need to get it from your embassy. Which in the case of British Embassy is £50.

Remember that the residency certificate is free from IO but they will try to charge you 200 Baht a time for it in Changwattana. They say it is for postage, however I don't know of any P.O. that charges 200 Baht to send a single A4 paper. Tea money maybe? If you want it without paying for it then they will make you wait a month and you will have to collect it yourself. 

The last time I paid for it to be sent, it never arrived, so a complete waste paying tea money! Going to your own Embassy is a complete rip-off at the price they charge. Does anyone complain to their Embassy? After all they are supposed to look after their citizens abroad presumably without ripping them off. A passport is expensive enough!

• Like 1

You need to get a paper from the Land Transport Department requesting a residence certificate and take to your local Immigration Office who will supply you with your residence certificate. Just another point about the TM30's, if you leave the country then your wife/landlord/owner of the property must lodge a new TM30 with immigration within 24 hours of your arrival back at your residence and the receipt for that must be kept in your passport until the next time you leave the country.

3 hours ago, Andyfez said:

You can only get a residence certificate from immigration if you've done 90 day reporting.

If you haven't done any 90 day reporting you need to get it from your embassy. Which in the case of British Embassy is £50.

I do not do 90 day reporting and I was required to get a residence certificate from immigration for the renewal of my licence and also my wife must still lodge a new TM30 within 24 hours of my arrival back into the house

Residence certificates are also available at your Home Country embassy. It's more of a sworn statement that you live where you say you live.  I had to type up my own form on an Affidavit form for the USA embassy.  You can google it and get an idea of what to say. If you can get one from immigration, it'll be much cheaper. Good luck. 

1 hour ago, Sumarianson said:

Remember that the residency certificate is free from IO but they will try to charge you 200 Baht a time for it in Changwattana. They say it is for postage, however I don't know of any P.O. that charges 200 Baht to send a single A4 paper. Tea money maybe? If you want it without paying for it then they will make you wait a month and you will have to collect it yourself. 

The last time I paid for it to be sent, it never arrived, so a complete waste paying tea money! Going to your own Embassy is a complete rip-off at the price they charge. Does anyone complain to their Embassy? After all they are supposed to look after their citizens abroad presumably without ripping them off. A passport is expensive enough!

Right on. But before, a residence certificate request at Phayao immigration cost 500 baht (without official receipt) each time we need it for driving licence renewal or purchase of a new vehicle etc. 

2 hours ago, Sumarianson said:

Remember that the residency certificate is free from IO but they will try to charge you 200 Baht a time for it in Changwattana.

It's really depending on the immigration office and local rules. In my province everybody – including me, before I got a Yellow House Book – paid 500 baht for the address verification letter.

Fair enough to pay a fee for their service...????

To OP:

Address verification letter for DL is different from your TM30 report. If you obtain a Yellow House Book (for ????s) you can use that as address verification, or a pink ID card, which you can apply for when having a Yellow House Book.

22 hours ago, Andyfez said:

I have certainly obtained Residence Certificates, but I also have done quite a few 90 day reports, online. 

On 2/25/2020 at 5:35 AM, Russell17au said:

You need to get a paper from the Land Transport Department requesting a residence certificate and take to your local Immigration Office who will supply you with your residence certificate. Just another point about the TM30's, if you leave the country then your wife/landlord/owner of the property must lodge a new TM30 with immigration within 24 hours of your arrival back at your residence and the receipt for that must be kept in your passport until the next time you leave the country.

I do not do 90 day reporting and I was required to get a residence certificate from immigration for the renewal of my licence and also my wife must still lodge a new TM30 within 24 hours of my arrival back into the house

I went to IO in Chaiyaphum in December for 2 Residency certificates. One for a yellow tambian baan and one for a bank account. They refused the orriginal request document which is on internet. I had to fill in there version. The IO made a self made statement for the Bangkok Bank and one for the Amphu. BHT 500 a piece. I did not get the official residency document which need also a passport foto. Scammed for tea money i think. This paper is not accepted by the Bangkok Bank and not need for the yellow tambian baan. You need it also for a drivers license but a yellow tambian baan is also accepted and I got it.

IO Chaiyaphum have also there own rules as usual. 

I am now back in The Netherlands and will go soon to Thailand, I have a NON O ME visa. My wife will stay home in The Netherlands.

The question now is: Can I  in person do the TM30 with the signed copies of Tambian baan and ID of my wife? She is not in Thailand.  

13 minutes ago, Max Brok said:

The question now is: Can I  in person do the TM30 with the signed copies of Tambian baan and ID of my wife? She is not in Thailand.  

I would not worry about it unless you have to do something at immigration.

If needed they should accept you doing the TM30 form as the tenant of the residence. 

33 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

How the heck did you get that.... still available  there?

As far as I know yes. It is valid up till October. I supplied the Embassy with all documents for retirement and mariage but do not need a extension in Thailand because we go only for holidays to Thailand. After October I go again for a new one. 

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I would not worry about it unless you have to do something at immigration.

If needed they should accept you doing the TM30 form as the tenant of the residence. 

Thanks, I need IMM for a 90 day extension by a border jump so I will do it as a tennant.

36 minutes ago, Max Brok said:

Thanks, I need IMM for a 90 day extension by a border jump so I will do it as a tennant.

I was referring to something done at a immigration office.

Not needed for a border hop for a new 90 day entry.

On 2/25/2020 at 1:22 PM, RangerF said:

Right on. But before, a residence certificate request at Phayao immigration cost 500 baht (without official receipt) each time we need it for driving licence renewal or purchase of a new vehicle etc. 

your receipt IS THE CERTIFICATE of RESIDENCE !!

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I was referring to something done at a immigration office.

Not needed for a border hop for a new 90 day entry.

After that border hop I have to make a TM30 report again. If I do not make the first when I arrive in Thailand I am fined at the IO 

On 2/25/2020 at 1:22 PM, RangerF said:

It has always been free for as long as I have been here and that is 8 years. Any charge is tea money.