Is this a good time to buy a Condo?

bkk6060

I am not in the market to buy.

But, I have a couple of friends in the business here.

70% of the sales over the past few years have been to Chinese. Especially the new construction majority of foreign allotment.

But, this has all just about dried up. Well over 10,000 places still for sale. 

One of my friends showed me a list of some properties for sale now.  

Very surprising how many in the 800,000 to 1.2 million baht range. Surprising how many of them under 1 million b.

And not is lousy areas. Pratumnak, North Pattaya, Nakluea etc.  Many walking distance or a short mb ride to the beach.

On the big picture from my experience and places I have been, pretty amazing really to be able to buy a condo in a relatively modern environment near beaches for around 30,000 US dollars.  

I will keep renting thanks, but I do think there are some possible good buys out there.  Make some low offers if you are in the market you never know probably some desperate sellers.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

View Talay 2 Jomtien here  - no farang buyers but before the virus hit Chinese investors were sniffing around looking for a base price of 1m a unit and these are big studios by modern standard 37 sqm. So that is there likely 'priced to sell' value in this current market. Don't see it going anywhere in the near future except maybe down a little bit more. Most units you see listed are far in excess of that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Denim said:

Bad time to make any large investments in Thailand. Until democratic government returns not worth risking any large sums here for anything whatsoever.

That's true, it seems to be heating up. Leaders are embroiled in corruption which means they can't do U-turns

• Like 2

Buy a house ,much better ,trouble is you need a wife you trust ???? luckily i do ,most of the condos i have been in (its a lot) the wife was in the business are so blooming small ,they are not the size of our bedroom .That is unless you have a lot of money spare ,to buy a large condo , like my wife]s friend and her husband , he has a "bigun" to.????

Edited by ivor bigun
  • Confused 4

53 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

Buy a house ,much better ,trouble is you need a wife you trust ???? luckily i do ,most of the condos i have been in (its a lot) the wife was in the business are so blooming small ,they are not the size of our bedroom .That is unless you have a lot of money spare ,to buy a large condo , like my wife]s friend and her husband , he has a "bigun" to.????

Being retired i don't want a big house with all the maintenance. My condo has a lovely big pool which i couldn't have in a house. But i agree a large condo is necessary at least 80 sqm. I don't know how people can live in 30 sqm unless it is just a short time holiday home.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JimmyTheMook said:

Classic lightweight..... 

Haha.  Well, there certainly are bitter people because their Thailand real estate "investment" has gone sideways. Lots of desperation out there.

Renting is very reasonable here and gives me the life flexibility I prefer that owners do not have.  More of a featherweight then a lightweight. ????

But, I put my money into real investments with a diversified portfolio which is way way up in the past few years.  And those dead money condos? You got one? Over 12,000 now for sale in Pattaya area alone.  Shameful.

But, I bet you do not understand any of it.

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, WillyPlatt said:

Plus you won't get tucked up by your latest squeeze.

Instead of breaking up with the girl playing the "long game" you just slowly move your valuable stuff out and stop the rent payments. The land lord will explain she is free to go after other men at the end of the month.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

There is actually one now the same sq mtr. for 360,000 b. 

So, about US 10,000 for a condo. Wow.

Geez, buy 2 of them. 

Rent them out for 5,000 a month and get all your money back in 6 years.

And you can walk to Big C. ????

i think he was trying to rent it for 5k-6k and no takers

6 hours ago, Henryford said:

Being retired i don't want a big house with all the maintenance. My condo has a lovely big pool which i couldn't have in a house. But i agree a large condo is necessary at least 80 sqm. I don't know how people can live in 30 sqm unless it is just a short time holiday home.

I lived, before my divorce,  in a large 4 bedroom, 3 bath house. When I bought in Nirun condos I thought it might be a problem as the condo was smaller than the bedroom in my house BUT I found that I really enjoyed my 8 years there. Of course, it helped that I had a beautiful, very young Thai lady live with me the entire time. hahaha  If you afford it , I would recommend  60-70 meters as a more comfortable living arrangement. 

Edited by how241
typo

1 hour ago, Airalee said:

Just a few years ago, people were talking about ฿400k condos being the norm at Nirun.  ฿720k sounds quite overpriced.  The bars on all the windows across the courtyard give it all the ambiance of a prison

From 2010- 2015 you could be these Nirun condos for $400K  BUT in the last several years they have gone up considerable.  You will have a hard time to find a empty shell condo for $625K  these days. Not all the condos have bars on the windows.  Mine doesn't.  It's a personal choice to have bars on the patio or not. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1