Thai security affairs adviser lashes out at US response to dissolution of Future Forward

webfact

15 hours ago, DLock said:

Their criticism paints them in a negative light than us, as their political situation is even worse than Thailand's.”

this reminds me how once, when i visited japan, one japanese explained to me that japan is ichi ban (no. 1) and not USA, because in USA the 7/11 shops are open only from 7 to 11, while

in japan they are open 24 hours.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

“It’s quite confusing why a big country [like the US] has allowed some children to write something on their official website. The US might just pretend to be an idiot. However, we don’t want to add anything more to rupture our diplomatic relationship.”

Ah, looks like you just did, and how Thai of you! :biggrin:

Not to worry, most Americans still comatose are concerned with important issues.  Such as if Manfred keeps behaving like a spineless puppet. How many fastballs will be put into the brainpan of Carlos Correa, Altuve and Bregman, all season long. 

He said the US reaction was not appropriate and marked an interference in Thailand’s internal affairs by an outsider, but he added that he understood countries like the US would like to secure their advantages.

Thailand enjoys a 3 to 1 trade surplus.   If they do not like it, they can sell their products elsewhere.   What advantage is that?

“It’s quite confusing why a big country [like the US] has allowed some children to write something on their official website. The US might just pretend to be an idiot. However, we don’t want to add anything more to rupture our diplomatic relationship.”

It would seem that children have a greater sense of fairness than this inbred elite. When it comes to idiocy the US and Thai leadership are on equal footing.  Would rather hear what the kids have to say.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The adviser to the Deputy Prime Minister on Security Affairs

I guess that makes him the adviser to Gen. Prawit, I wonder if he advised him about the "dead friend watch owner".

Anyway, as far as "the U.S. pretending to be an idiot", sometimes you have to do that so the other idiot in the room can feel involved...

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The new ambassador is not familiar with Thai matters and we have to discuss it with him soon.

Good luck with the future trade talks... I wouldn't rattle the cage bars too much and anger the beast within!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DLock said:

How so?

The US follow democratic process, allow free speech and even allow a candidate to spend $188million of his own money to fund his campaign.

...and not a coup in recent memory.

Well, not yet, anyway............

Quote from The Nation:-

"The Embassy of Canada in Thailand has joined the US and the European Union in raising concerns about the dissolution of the Future Forward Party".

I see no references to Canada and the EU in his slamming criticism. Definitely a "Yes Man"!

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information

5 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Perhaps this Gentleman would benefit from a refresher course in International Diplomacy, alternativly USA might like to impose some sanctions on Thailand for these insulting and inappropriate comments!

diplomacy?

let's start with the embassy not criticizing their host country.  leave that to someone at the state department in warshington if they think it's really necessary.

• Sad 1

You think this wasn't sanctioned by Washington? A rogue Ambassador?

4 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

diplomacy?

let's start with the embassy not criticizing their host country.  leave that to someone at the state department in warshington if they think it's really necessary.

27 minutes ago, Scott Tracy said:

You think this wasn't sanctioned by Washington? A rogue Ambassador?

dunno, amounts to the same thing.  point is, why <deleted> off your host country?

could make it difficult for embassy officials to carry out their duties when they <deleted> off the people they need to cooperate with.

let the announcement come from the state department rather than the embassy, as with the corona announcement on the same embassy webpage.