British expat seriously injured after knife fight with Thai wife

webfact

1 hour ago, sead said:

So sad to see a farang living like that. 

Of course only 25 million elderly people in the USA live in poverty, much better there.  

10% of those over 65 years living in poverty is acceptable in USA why not in Thailand

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Peter Aherne said:

He suffered the defensive wounds while she was defending herself ????

Clearly you dont know anything about defensive wounds , she has wounds on her hands , so clearly from defending a knife attack . And then she must have taken the knife from him and stabbed or slashed him in the head . 

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Clearly you dont know anything about defensive wounds , she has wounds on her hands , so clearly from defending a knife attack . And then she must have taken the knife from him and stabbed or slashed him in the head . 

You are discounting the knife handle becoming slippery and her cutting herself. Think before clicking the Submit button.

1 hour ago, Jacobi Barnes said:

I can't believe people live in this sort of squalor. My God, just get a remote gig off https://remoteok.io/ if you can't find work in Thailand. Remoteok has all sorts of US companies that will pay six figures USD for Thai translation. You can live anywhere in the world, do not need to be a US citizen. Of course, you need to speak English though so I'm guessing that's the major blocker. But if you are Thai and have a decent grasp on English, Netflix, Apple, Google, FBI, CIA all have postings for Thai native speakers. Netlflix pays like $150k USD for Thai subtitle translators. I have a Thai friend that works remotely for Netflix doing exactly this and she makes $80k USD tax free here in Thailand. If she were to move to the US, the salary would be $150k but she'd have to pay US taxes so probably just better to do the job from Thailand. The opportunities are endless in the modern world. No person should have a Television that old. Everyone should have access to hi-speed wifi and services like Netflix and Google. 

What are the chances that he or she are fluent enough in both languages to become a translator? Slim to none I think.

Just now, JustAnotherHun said:

That's what you call "seaview". Ok then. Have a nice stay.

Yes, some of us understand the difference between, "sea-view" and "beach-front".

It has a sea-view and it is 4,000 baht. Seems that you are not man enough to admit when you are wrong.

I think that you should change your username....

6 minutes ago, FalangJaiDee said:

nope, not even 30 years old and only spent 6 months in thailand. never left the "reservation," but i know naklua is north of pattaya. just good to know these things when i go back 

It was actually a girl who spent six months in Thailand who showed me the/her apartment when we went to pick something up.

4k is not even a long term price. That is for month to month.

22 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

You're wrong, the knife handle gets slippery when it's wet, and your hand slips onto the blade when you push it in. Defensive wounds are usually on forearms.

You need a slim pointy blade with a crossguard if you want to stab someone without cutting your hands.

Kitchen knifes just don't work very well.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

Man...it's about that dump of an apartment. Seriously, I cannot understand living like that. I don't live in a castle by any means, but it is neat, tidy and painted. I get Thais and Lao's living like animals but I don't get falangs living that way. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Yes, some of us understand the difference between, "sea-view" and "beach-front".

It has a sea-view and it is 4,000 baht. Seems that you are not man enough to admit when you are wrong.

I think that you should change your username....

OK, I'll change my user name while you set up a go fund me to get such a nice seaview-Appartment.

I hardly can find one post of you not trying to insult others. How come? Life's so sad?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Man...it's about that dump of an apartment. Seriously, I cannot understand living like that. I don't live in a castle by any means, but it is neat, tidy and painted. I get Thais and Lao's living like animals but I don't get falangs living that way. 

How do animals live?

11 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

OK, I'll change my user name while you set up a go fund me to get such a nice seaview-Appartment.

I hardly can find one post of you not trying to insult others. How come? Life's so sad?

To what are you going to change it? JustAnotherId***?

It seems you are the one trying to insult. I simply showed that a decent apartment is available for 4k monthly. It seems that it hurt you somehow.

Shame on you Transam...after I helped you to upgrade your PC. It seems no good deed goes unpunished. Two more for the ignore list. ????

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

It seems you are the one trying to insult. I simply showed that a decent apartment is available for 4k monthly. It seems that it hurt you somehow.

Off topic,

I thought the apartment looked quite nice, and within walking distance of the beach.

I'd be OK living there.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

To what are you going to change it? JustAnotherId***?

Shame on you Transam...after I helped you to upgrade your PC. It seems no good deed goes unpunished. Two more for the ignore list. ????

Oh dear, do I sense discontent in the fabled brotherhood of the fellowship of the farang?

By the way I reckon the condo looks great for that price.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Off topic,

I thought the apartment looked quite nice, and within walking distance of the beach.

I'd be OK living there.

I was surprised when she told me the price. I even visited at another time to check if it was just a special price for her. But they offered me the same price. Though a ridiculous 10 baht per unit for electricity.

I thought about taking it just to store my stuff in between trips.

Some people are just determined to post something negative. They cannot change course.

• Like 2