Coronvirus cases stay at 35, says Public Health Ministry

snoop1130

33 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

Something doesn't seem to add up at the moment and Thailand either by accident or design hasn't bought into the panic. 

Emirates Citizens have recently been 'banned' from traveling to Thailand. When I say recent I mean within the last hour :

Source : https://wam.ae/en/details/1395302826345

ABU DHABI, 24th February, 2020 (WAM) -- The UAE Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation issued a statement on Monday detailing a travel ban to Iran and Thailand following recent concerns on the new coronavirus, COVID-19, outbreaks in the aforementioned countries.

The statement read: In light of the UAE's efforts to monitor and contain the spread of the new coronavirus, COVID-19, and in the interest of general public safety and health, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation has issued a travel ban, calling on all UAE citizens to not travel to Iran and Thailand at present and up until further notice.

UAE citizens currently in these countries are requested to contact the UAE Embassy or the Ministry's call centre on 800 44444, and register on the ministry's 'Tawajudi' service.

Maybe just an over reaction by the UAE but they've just put Thailand next to Iran on a list of places not to visit which is strange as the virus appears to be running out of control whilst in Thailand they've beaten it already????

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Should be the safest place on the planet by next week come to welcoming Thailand and bring plenty of money we need it you don't????

????????????????????????????????????????

maybe that is there plan ....genius????????????

5 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Like many posters I have been scratching my head a lot over the official figures and I kept coming back to climate. Flu is seasonal and comes every winter, but dies away when it warms up.

Singapore as you rightly point out is the fly in the ointment, as their climate is not like much of the Northern hemisphere right now, though they do live absolutely on top of each other, so once one person has got it, I can see it spreading rapidly. Then again, it might be spreading a lot quicker even there, if it were 20-30 degrees colder.

Time will tell if the Thais have been honest or not, and obviously the repercussions of having been found to have been lying, to prop up tourism, would be horrendous.

Who knows? Somewhere that never gets really cold might actually be the safest place in the world right now. As long as you don't need to go out on the roads of course.

I have had a strange sore throat , mild cough that I have never had before. But I put it down to the bad air quality in Pattaya. Easy to get paranoid in the present climate. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, expat1010 said:

Covid-19 will likely be officially declared a pandemic by WHO in the next few weeks. Tourism and travel globally will grind to a halt, hospitals will be overwhelmed and those most susceptible (old and infirm) will die in the millions. Thailand will not escape this pandemic. Asia, the Middle East, Africa and SouthAmerica will bare the brunt of this pandemic, but advanced economies will not escape unscathed either 

Nah they just announced that pandemic doesn't exist anymore because it would scare consumers. 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/world-health-organization-coronavirus-pandemic-emergency-12465146

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Like many posters I have been scratching my head a lot over the official figures and I kept coming back to climate. Flu is seasonal and comes every winter, but dies away when it warms up.

Singapore as you rightly point out is the fly in the ointment, as their climate is not like much of the Northern hemisphere right now, though they do live absolutely on top of each other, so once one person has got it, I can see it spreading rapidly. Then again, it might be spreading a lot quicker even there, if it were 20-30 degrees colder.

Time will tell if the Thais have been honest or not, and obviously the repercussions of having been found to have been lying, to prop up tourism, would be horrendous.

Who knows? Somewhere that never gets really cold might actually be the safest place in the world right now. As long as you don't need to go out on the roads of course.

Isn’t Qom hot? I know that despite being in the Middle East, parts of mountainous Iran can be cold, but I thought Qom is hot.

another fly?

• Sad 1

Is that counting the possible cases in border hospitals where they're out of sight and can't be tested or not counting the cases in border hospitals where they're out of sight and can't be tested?

More ways than one to skin a cat... but perhaps this one's been rumbled...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Isaan sailor said:

Fun fact about Wuhan virus: last week the Chinese government ordered 40 disposal ovens—to incinerate medical waste and animals affected by the virus.  Of course, they wouldn’t be used for disposal of anything else, right?

Ordered from whom?

2 hours ago, Traubert said:
2 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

Fun fact about Wuhan virus: last week the Chinese government ordered 40 disposal ovens—to incinerate medical waste and animals affected by the virus.  Of course, they wouldn’t be used for disposal of anything else, right?

Ordered from whom?

Nth Korea?

44 minutes ago, vangrop said:

its Simply built in their culture. Tirak love you mak mak or The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus infection remained at 35 have exactly the same Worth in LOS

Wrong buddy it’s now 37 and 420 under observation.

Interesting that there are so many under observation,  you would think that by now they would know if they had or not.

6 minutes ago, Brer said:

Wrong buddy it’s now 37 and 420 under observation.

Interesting that there are so many under observation,  you would think that by now they would know if they had or not.

maybe they hold off forrrr as long as possible; hoping the patient dies

(ummm from other causes), before the Diagnosis is confirmed?

(just like a Traffic Death Statistic does not increment, if the patient succumbs at Hospital rather than at the actual accident) 

2 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

4 days have passed now. Any update on the 2 patients in iron lungs?

Unless they've been in an iron lung since 1959, I don't think anyone is in an iron lung.

Pretty sure they've been replaced by modern mechanical ventilators.